Status: Finally finished. :)

The Nagual

McGregor's Garden

"Sohrab!" Felia cried out while getting up. The boy was writhing in pain on the ground while Fraus simply stood over him with bruised and bloody knuckles.

Wren had also gotten up beside her and grabbed Felia's arm. "Don't go near him." she whispered into her ear.

"Felia, Felia, Felia. How could you be so daft?" Fraus asked, moving away from Sohrab. "How could you actually think you could keep this a secret?"

"She . . . didn't know." Sohrab managed to cough out. "Not until now."

"Oh, I'm sure that's exactly what she told you, Sohrab. But I'm positive that she knew even before she entered our grounds." Fraus said, taking each step as slowly as he could.

"That's not true." Wren spoke, putting herself between Felia and Fraus. "She didn't know. I could see it in her eyes."

"Wren, you have been getting weaker and weaker over the past few years. You no longer have any value to us. We've just been keeping you around for your own sake." he said, waving her off.

"That's a lie!" Wren shouted. "It's you, Fraus. You're the one who has been less and less important." Fraus laughed at her but the woman continued. "The people here don't need a leader; especially one like you."

"One like me? Tell me, advisor, what have I ever done to make the people here not need me or not respect me?"

"You've killed innocent people-"

"Innocent? Oh. Humans. Those creatures have been murdering our people since the dawn of time, Wren. You know that."

"You've banished defenseless Naguals-"

"They were the ones who gave us in to the humans, Wren! Think about it." Fraus shouted.

"Children, Fraus? Children turned against us? You must be mad." she accused him in a dark voice.

Within two seconds, Fraus gripped onto her neck with both of his hands. Wren faltered, landing on her knees. Fraus kept wringing his hands while Wren choked.

"Stop!" Felia shouted. She ran to Wren's side and tried to pry off Fraus' hands. She scratched and beaten her fist against him until he smacked her away, releasing only one hand from Wren's neck.

"You stupid weakling!" he called Felia. "You are nothing more than an incompetent and embarrassing member of Argos' family. There is no chance in Hell below that you would ever be as efficient a leader as I am." he said, tossing the limp body of Wren aside. Felia could hear Sohrab's painful moans and the labored breathing of Wren as Fraus drew closer.

Felia tried to scramble away but he took a handful of her hair and brought her up to eye level, her feet just touching the ground. She shrieked in pain as Fraus continued. "There is, actually, a very distinct possibility that you and Argos are somewhat related." He grinned and said, "You both have weak constitutions." He took a step closer to the pool of water. "I hated both of you." He let go of her hair for an instant to grab onto Felia's shoulders. He held her just above the water before he said, "And it looks like your deaths were caused by the same man and the same circumstances."

Felia screamed one time before Fraus threw her into the dark pool of water where her family tree had only just begun to fade.