Status: Finally finished. :)

The Nagual

Some Much-Needed Assistance

"Do I know you?" Felia asked, curious more than anything else.

Divus smiled and said, "It looks like you don't."

"Then should I?"

"Only if you want to." he answered.

"I'm not getting the riddles." she said. A small laugh left her mouth but it seemed to take more out of her than it should have.

"If you search for me, then you will find me. If you hide away, then I will be hard to find. There's nothing more to it than that." Divus said seriously, albeit with a tiny smile.

"So I found you here . . ." Felia started.

". . . Because you wanted to find me."

Felia, frustrated, placed a hand on her forehead. "I only swam down here because I heard a voice."

"Was it mine?" he asked.

Felia looked at him and admitted, "No. I don't think so."

"Whose did you think it was?"

"I thought it was my father." she said quietly. "I thought I'd find him; not you . . . no offense."

Divus shrugged and said pleasantly, "That's what happens sometimes."

"What? Finding something other than what you wanted?"

"No. Thinking you're looking for someone else but you're really looking for me."

"Now I know you're crazy." Felia said, folding her arms while a small smile crept on her lips.

"I'm not crazy. You are just not thinking this through." Divus said, walking closer to her. Felia saw that, in that moment, he seemed like someone she would have passed by on a regular street corner back home. He was wearing regular jeans and a buttoned shirt. His hair was pretty short compared to the other male Naguals she had met above the surface. He wasn't as particularly beautiful as the others but he certainly wasn't ugly. He just seemed normal which made Felia feel as if he wasn't.

"Explain it to me, then." she said.

"You said you were looking for your father, yes?" Divus asked, waiting for Felia's nod. Once he got it, he continued, "But in reality, you were looking for someone to help you. Someone to guide you or assist you. That's what you were looking for."

"So who was it that I heard in the water?" Felia asked.

"I'm sure it was your father who tried to call out to you." Divus said, gaining a more serious voice.

"Why did it sound so clear?" Felia asked, getting more and more quiet.

"Probably because it was something you wanted to hear." he explained. "Felia . . . you can't wake the dead. You have some pretty amazing abilities but that is not one of them. I haven't seen it done by anyone around here."

"But you have seen it before?" Felia questioned.

Divus smiled and said, "Now you're just getting off-topic."

"Okay. Alright. I get it. And, I suppose, you're the one who's going to help me?" Felia asked.

"In a way, yes. I will help you up to a point." Divus said.

"What do you mean?" she asked.

"I mean that I will help you until I can't help you anymore. And that time is . . ." Divus paused for about three seconds and then said, "now."

"Wait. So you're not going to help me?" Felia asked, while starting to get scared.

"I just did." he said, a twinkle in his eye.

Felia didn't say anything for a moment. There was so much frustration in her mind. Battling emotions of confusion, paranoia, defeat, and a massive headache all started to boil in her mind. She felt overwhelmed. So much, in fact, that even her blood started to turn warmer. Her whole body seemed to become warmer as if a pot of warm honey started to pour into her stomach.

The tingling in her arms felt familiar this time. As it spread throughout her whole body, she started to smile. She knew she could control this and she knew she didn't have to depend on anyone else. She knew that, in a blink of an eye, she could change into absolutely anything she wanted regardless of what other people wanted to see. She had finally learned how to free herself.

"Remember, Felia." Divus said quietly to her. "You can change into anything but be wise about it. You are underwater, after all." Just as he said this, the force field above them slowly started to give way and the water above them gently but swiftly started to seep in. "Think about this transformation." Divus said as he started to disappear. Felia nodded and thought of something small.