Status: Finally finished. :)

The Nagual

Above the Surface

"A frog." Felia said to herself. Divus had disappeared completely and Felia had already morphed into the amphibious creature. "Well . . . too late to change my mind." The water around her started to close in on her in circular patterns until it had engulfed her completely. She was finally able to move about freely and it liberated her.

The spirits around her all seemed to smile and have a joyful occasion. Felia looked at them as she swam up closer and closer to the surface. The way her back legs moved was something to get used to but it wasn't entirely uncomfortable. In fact, she kind of liked how their was a spring every time she moved herself in the water.

Remembering why she needed to get out of the water, Felia made forced herself through the murky water that didn't seem so terrible now. Within a minute, she reached just below the surface where the tiny fish swam in circles. The spirits were behind her but she was glad. She really didn't need to depend on anyone. She was fine taking care of herself for once.

Felia waited before getting out of the water, however. She swam along the edge of the pool and looked for anyone near her. Seeing only the trees and the top of the cottage, Felia decided it was time to get out. She gently placed her webbed front feet on the outer edge of the pool but fell. Her slippery legs were also something she had to become accustomed to. Yet, on the second try, she was able to pull herself out of the water.

Looking around, Felia realized just how small she was. "Even smaller than the rabbit." she thought. She was about to change back into her human form when she heard other voices. Felia spotted a nearby bush and hopped quickly behind it, admiring how fast she was able to dart there at the same time.

"Sohrab?" a voice called out. "Wren?" It was a quiet sort of voice. One that really didn't mean any harm.

"Boeden." Felia tried to say out loud but only ended up with a croaking noise.

Boeden, now entering the courtyard, had only looked in Felia's direction for a second when he saw Wren lying on the ground. "Wren!" he called out. It was the loudest Felia had ever heard his voice. She watched him make his way toward the woman and kneel down next to her.

"Boeden." Wren's weak voice mumbled out. "Sohrab. You have to get him."

"I thought I saw Fraus bring someone up the road to the center of Norden."

"It must be Sohrab. Boeden, he's going to kill him. You have to stop him." Wren said, grabbing onto his hand.

"Where is Felia?" Boeden asked.

Wren didn't say anything. She only pointed to the pool of water. Boeden turned his body to face the pool and Felia was able to see how his face began to crumble. "I'm sorry." Wren said. "I couldn't do anything." Boeden became very quiet.

Unable to stand the misunderstanding, Felia left her hiding place and made her way over to Wren and Boeden. They didn't pay much attention to her until she started to make a croaking noise.

"Boeden! Wren!" she tried to say but failed. Her words broke up into frog noises and it was impossible to grab their attention. She continued to hop towards them and landed within a few feet of them.

Knowing she wouldn't be able to get their attention as her current form, she mustered up all of her emotions and held them together until she felt the warmth of the liquid-like substance fill her up. Feeling her arms and legs grow and her head gaining more hair, she could see the astonished looks from Boeden and Wren. When the transformation was complete, Boeden didn't waste any time and grabbed her up from the ground.

"You're alive!" he said with a smile.

"You're crushing my bones." Felia said, grinning.

Embarrassed but unfazed, Boeden let go and stepped back. Wren was the one who spoke next. "I thought you drowned." she said while simultaneously rubbing her neck where Fraus' hands once were.

"I almost did. But there were spirits in the pool. Are there supposed to be?" Felia asked her.

Wren sat up. "Yes. There are. But I thought that maybe they would have brought you down with them. Not help you back up."

"There was someone at the bottom of the pool, though." Felia said. "His name was-"

"Divus?" Wren asked, a spark caught in her eye. "Was his name Divus?"

"Yes." Felia said. Both Wren and Boeden looked at her as if she had extra heads growing out from her neck.

"Felia, no one has ever seen Divus and lived to tell about it." Boeden said, quietly.