Status: Finally finished. :)

The Nagual

Heartless

Fraus had at first shivered underneath Felia's massive paws but he soon began to morph. His eyes had turned cat-like and black fur began to grow on his arms and neck. Felia was slightly caught off-guard when Fraus threw her off of him. She tumbled off towards the left and Boeden went to her.

"Felia." Boeden whispered. It took a while for her to get up but when she did she butted him out of the way. Getting the message, Boeden joined the crowd and backed away.

Fraus had fully transformed into a large panther. His fur was as black as the night sky and his green eyes popped against them like stars. Fury invaded his stare and his mouth was slightly open, ready to attack. His teeth were razor sharp and Felia only hoped hers were just as dangerous.

"How dare you defy me?"

The voice sounded like it belonged to Fraus but Felia wasn't sure. It still sounded like there were growls and snarls mixed in but the language itself was dominant.

"Who do you think you are?"

This time for sure Felia knew it came from Fraus. The large panther opposite of her walked towards his right and Felia followed suit. The two cats circled each other, always watching the other.

"I am Felia." she said. At this, the panther, Fraus, showed a look of surprise in his eye but the look quickly faded away.

"So. You really are the child of Argos. Well, good for you. Tell me, child," Fraus said, a snarl rising in his throat, "how does it feel to be completely abandoned by all that you have ever cared about?"

Felia roared and snapped back. "I haven't been abandoned, Fraus. You mudered them."

"Ah, not all, Felia." The panther's upper lip curved up in what looked like a grin. "What about your mother?"

"Don't bring her into this."

"She left you, didn't she?" Fraus' voice cooed while a purr echoed.

"She couldn't take care of me." Felia said.

"Bullshit!" Fraus laughed. "She left you at that airport all those years ago and you know it! You've just been hiding out ever since. It makes you sick just thinking about it, doesn't it?"

In one swift movement, Felia pounced on Fraus. She threw her extended claws at his face, making three parallel lines down his cheek. Fraus roared in pain and bit down on her upper leg. Felia rolled off of him and Fraus stood above her.

"I could finish you off right now." Fraus said while a small trickle of blood rolled down his face. "I should and I want to. Because, Felia, being the leader of the Naguals doesn't just give me a position of power. Would you like to know more?" Fraus put one of his paws on Felia's raw wound and she cried out in pain. Without waiting for a response, he continued. "Once someone is granted the throne of the Naguals, that person will live forever. But wait." he said, a sinister smile rising in his voice. "That wouldn't make sense, right? Because then your father would still be alive, wouldn't he? Ah, well, you would be right in thinking that, Felia. However, even immortal beings can meet some sort of end so long as it's at the hands of another person."

"You killed him." Felia managed to choke out.

Fraus applied more pressure to the wound and silenced her. "That I did, Felia. That I did. And you know what? I'm going to kill you, too. Because technically, you will live forever if someone doesn't put a stop to it."

"Why . . . would you want to live forever?" Felia whispered.

"You're going to have to speak up, darling." Fraus said, leaning forward. "I can barely hear you."

"I said . . ." Felia stuttered. The pain was unimaginable. It was if the bite had never ended and instead had cut deeper and deeper into her flesh. But she carried on anyway. "Why would you want to live forever? All you would get is heartache."

Fraus simply laughed and said, "You're forgetting something, Felia. I don't have a heart!" Without a pause or break, Fraus' jaws clasped tightly on Felia's neck and the girl closed her eyes, waiting for the worst.