Status: Finally finished. :)

The Nagual

A Last Minute Confession

"You!" Fraus, now mad, shouted. "You are a traitor!" he accused Boeden. "And you! You're no better than me. In fact, you're lesser than the dirt beneath my feet. There is no chance in hell that you will ever serve as the leader." He started to limp towards them.

"Boeden." Felia quickly said to him. "What were you sorry for?"

"I, uh, I was sorry that I took you here." he said, slowing down. "If I'd known what was going to happen, I never would have taken you here."

Felia looked at the other Naguals. They were frightened; too frightened to even change. Their fear gripped their abilities. A lot of them had broken off and ran. They didn't know what to do. They needed a leader.

"Boeden . . . I can't lead them." Felia said.

"You could. You'd be great." he smiled at her, tears started to fill his eyes. Sohrab above them was ready to breathe out the fire and the smoke that emanated from him stung.

"I can't. You know I can't lead them." Felia said. "It's just something I can't do."

"I could help." Boeden said, not really sure why he was trying to convince her of her capability but continued on regardless. "Anything you need, I could help you."

"Boeden . . . you've already helped me enough." she said.

"I don't mind." he said quickly. "I like helping you. I . . . I like you. I mean I-"

"Then do this for me." she said, hating herself for what she was about to do.

Fraus was getting closer and closer and Sohrab was opening his mouth once again. Any minute now, both of them would explode in fury and Felia had to be in the right spot.

Acting quickly, Felia pressed her lips against Boeden's. She cherished every second as she felt salty tears, full of emotion, fall down her face. The morning sun had just crept through the tops of the trees around them. Felia finally felt happy.

Boeden gently placed his hands on either side of her shoulders but Felia gripped onto his wrists. She pulled away.

"No, Felia, please-"

Felia tore herself away from Boeden and ran towards Fraus. She knocked the blade away from him and the two of them struggled against each other just as Sohrab's mouth had fully opened his mouth and aimed directly at Fraus whose body covered Felia's from his line of sight. Boeden shouted once but Sohrab didn't hear him as he blew enough fire to take down a skyscraper directly at Fraus and Felia.