Status: Finally finished. :)

The Nagual

Working Girl

"Hi, do you have a suite? Preferably with two separate bedrooms?" Kahili was leaning against the main desk lobby. There were still people staring at the trio who had entered through the beach. It wasn't a traditional entrance, sure, but it worked for them. Felia ignored them to the best of her ability.

"Let me check." the man behind the counter said, slowly turning pages in his book behind the counter, careful not to stare at the beauty before him. He was a tall man with slicked back black hair and was dressed in a stiff, green bell hop uniform with a blue tie and a white button-up shirt that looked more like a suffocating device than a regular shirt.

"You know . . ." Kahili said, leaning even further, and grabbing onto the blue tie and wriggling it out of the jacket, making the man raise his eyebrows and catch his breath, ". . . I just love a man who dresses nicely. Don't you, Felia?"

Felia looked at the scene that played before her. Noah tried to turn his chuckle into a cough behind his closed hand. After awkwardly stumbling on her words, she said, "Yeah. He-he looks nice."

Kahili laughed flirtatiously and focused her attention back to the bell hop. She glanced swiftly at his nametag and began calling him "Ralphie" as many times as he dared to let her before he gently took his tie back and stuffed it into his jacket.

"She always acts like this?" Noah asked Felia, only slightly turning his head towards her but keeping his main focus on the seduction Kahili was practicing before their eyes.

"Yeah." she said, not surprised as Kahili turned around to them, tossed Noah a key, and left the lobby with the green-clad Ralph. "She does what’s necessary to get what she wants."

"Well, let's see what kind of room she got us and then we'll see how successful she is." Noah said, picking up his single suitcase while Felia followed him, empty handed.

The room wasn't hard to find. On their way to an elevator, Noah and Felia met up with another worker and asked which floor the room was. With a subtly surprised expression, the tired woman replied, "Top floor." Noah and Felia looked at each other before they headed up in the elevator. Felia had folded her arms and smiled, knowing the room would be good.

It was a good two minutes before they reached the top floor where only one room resided. The room number that was carved on the door, 353, matched the number on the key. Felia started to get excited as she heard the harmonic click as the door unlocked.

"Here we go." Noah said as some hope in his voice forced its way through.

As they were met with white carpets and hard-wood floors, stainless steel mini-fridges and a plasma screen TV, plush rugs and a sitting area that would make the Oval Office seem dingy, their eyes widened and their mouths stayed ajar for a long time. The pair held their breath and slowly, as if they were afraid they would wake up from a dream, walked around the suite. They discovered two separate bedrooms on opposite sides of the suite, each having a king-sized bed and a master bathroom. Felia rushed to the other side of the suite where Noah still lingered in the bedroom.

"Well?" she said, a smile finally gracing her lips that day.

"Well done, Kahili." he mumbled as a more than satisfied smile formed in his eyes.