Status: Completed

Avoid Complications Rodrick.

Rain

" .... Mom..." Her voice cracked as she walked towards her mother in the loud airport. Cynthia pulled her mother in close. Biting her cheek to hold in her tears.

Her mother hugged her back, then pulled away to go hug Lilly and her father.
Cynthia looked around the airport, and saw Miranda's basically newly wed husband.

His eyes were red, Cynthia understood why, she'd never known anyone to love Miranda the way Hayden had. She walked over to him, his sandy blond hair flipped up from his shoe staring to look at his young sister-in law and hugged her tightly. Cynthia hugged him back.

Hayden was completely shattered, his heart torn and ripped and stomped on. Nothing was fair, loosing the love of his life. Only having Miranda for those years.. No matter how many times he told him to think of the times he had with her instead of without, his selfish side always muffled it out. He could only think of the things the two wouldn't ever have.

Cynthia guided Hayden to the car and helped into it, putting his and her mothers bags into the trunk. She got in beside Hayden, sitting in the middle between him and Lilly. Both using her as a pillow to cry into. Cynthia felt her walls squishing tighter and tighter around her, she knew that this would be tough, but she never expected she would stop breathing.
So boxed in by the panic, the high emotional wave, and needing.

After five hours of her sister, her mother and her brother-in law needing her to cry to and comfort them, while trying to cook a small meal. Her and her father were probably the only ones who would be able to eat at the moment, but it didn't make it any less stressful.

Cynthia sat at the table, her arms on the wood her hands digging and pulling at her hair as it barricaded a wall, from reality to herself. A shield from seeing her families sad faces.
She couldn't take it, not when she heard Hayden calling Miranda's name. Somehow Cynthia knew he meant her. But in his twisted depression managed to mess up their names.

She stood up abruptly and angrily. She tossed her plate onto the wall grabbed her bag and jacket and walked out of the house in her bare feet. She didn't care she had forgotten to grab her shoes.

Cynthia simply wanted relief, relief from all the silent pain and the lack of closure. Her mother didn't even attempt to tell them what happened, Cynthia expected Hayden to talk about it but he soon melted into his hysteric mess.

Rodrick was at his van with his friends, chugging down a Slurpee that Vince had taken the liberty to sneak a few shots of unidentifiable alcohol into. Rodrick tried to ignore the small effects it was making. He was aware that he became a bit different while under the influence. For example he was more prone to smoking; weed and cigarettes. Sometimes both. Getting into fights, and hitting on the first girl he saw.

Luckily though, Rodrick had not yet reached two of those.
The guys started laughing and pointing as some girl walked by in her bare feet.
They started making wolf whistles and in descent calls to the girl, Rodrick laughed and looked up into the brisk dark night to see Cynthia, the one the guys were getting at. The girl without any shoes on! Rodrick jumped to his feet and ran after her dropping his red drink all over the pavement.

" Cynthia!" Rodrick called out as he continued chasing after her.

She stopped at a cross walk, and Rodrick pushed himself, guessing it was his only chance to catch her.

He was right, he bumped into her and in reaction to his clumsy stop her earphones went ripping from her ears, and her hood fell down. She looked up to see the idiot that bumped into her, but softened seeing the crazy mess of dark hair and the boy holding his hands to keep his balance on his awkward stop.

" What. Do. You. Want?" She asked, her voice sent shivering chills down his back as he lowered his leg to an upright stance.

" Nothing."

" Then leave me alone." Cynthia snapped at him, taking the turn down the side walk. She just wanted to get away from him; especially him.

Rodrick instinctively followed her, making her aware that he wasn't about to just let her walk around alone without any shoes shoes on.
Cynthia pissed off by his voice behind her, turned around without notice and pushed him away.

" Leave me alone!" She spat at him.

Rodrick looked at her, he found it hard to believe that the girl in front of him, in a black t-shirt lifted up at her hip in a pair of sandy brown pants a small rib cut jean jacket, with bare feet. Demanded so harshly to be left alone.

" Why?"

" Why not?"

" Why are you out here in the freezing cold without shoes!?" He asked, his voice raising as he pierced his dark eyes at her.

" Because I don't want to go back" Cynthia whispered, looking down at her feet her voice dry with an aching pain stuck in the middle of her throat.

" Where? Go back home?"

She nodded. Rodrick wrapped his arms around her, pulling her in tightly holding her close. He rested his chin on the top of her head as he felt her arms tighten around his torso.

He didn't care how independent she was, or that she never asked for help or let on that she needed him, but at that moment Rodrick knew she did need him. No matter how much she would fight him off later on. She needed him.

At that time, on that Friday night. A large amount of black clouds grumbled into town, gloaming over head as they prepared their down fall of rain and their loud bashing thunder and zipping lightening.

Cynthia looked up from Rodrick's sweater, seeing the clouds rolling in, they had instantly began to pour hard fat drops of rain.
Rodrick didn't notice until he felt a few drops land on his cheek.

" Shit!" He yelled and grabbed her hand and started to run back to his van.
He was yanked back at her anchoring stand.

" Cynthia? What..What are you doing?" He exclaimed, prying up his hood as the rain dropped down harder and faster and multiplied.

" I'm giving up" She replied opening her arms looking up at the sky getting drenched quickly. Rodrick grabbed her hand trying to get her to run with him again. This time she didn't hold down her ground and ran with Rodrick.

The two ran off to his van, slipping and sliding around in the water as they rushed back to the dry housing of the Loded Diper van. Cynthia tripped and fell on Rodrick; laughing when they both fell over into a puddle because of it. Rodrick was freaking out and trying to get up, but Cynthia was on top of him. She looked down at him, her head blocking the rain from dripping on his face, she lowered down and pressed her lips on his. He put his arm around her waist and sat up, she followed suit neither breaking the kiss.

Cynthia pulled away and stood up, looking down at him.

" I don't want to go home" Her voice whispered to him.

" We can sneak you into my place.." He said, standing up and pulling his arm around her as they started to walk off again. The van wasn't too far off, and Rodrick picked up his pace seeing Brian the drunken idiot try to climb into his drivers seat.

" Fuck.." Rodrick whispered and ran off to his van.

Cynthia was right behind him, and bumped into the van opening the door to get in and dry off. She was soaked to the bone.

Rodrick had managed to get Brian into the back.
Rodrick had ran his small consumption out and was as sober and well to drive as Cynthia, apart from the rain it was like any other day.

Rodrick had dropped off the guys and pulled up to his house, to his surprise his parents car weren't in the drive way.

" Where could they have gone?"

Cynthia shrugged moving her stuck together strands of drenched hair.
Rodrick put his arm around her once again and opened the door, to see the complete darkness. He tried a switch.

" I guess the lights are out.." He whispered, pointing out the obvious.

Cynthia nodded and searched through her wet bag to find her phone, she flicked it open and used it as a light to go up to Rodrick's room. He patiently followed her, looking around.

The two made it up to his room and Rodrick turned on on of his battery powered lamps.

" I'm going to call my mom. Kay?" He said grabbing his own cell and going through the contacts. He hadn't noticed Cynthia had begun to strip out of her clothes.

" Hey.. Mom.. Where are you? Cynthia's? Okay.. Yeah shes here.. " Rodrick told his mother, and slowed his voice seeing Cynthia unbutton her jeans and begin to take off her skin tight heavy shirt from her damp small body.

Rodrick nodded " Okay. No there's no light here.."

Cynthia had finally escaped her shirt and started to gently tug off her wet jeans.
Rodrick clicked his phone shut and turned his attention to Cynthia.

" What are you doing?"

" We'll get sick if we stay in these clothes." She said, stepping from her jeans and put her clothes on his rail to dry and went through his dresser to grab some clothes, she found a pair of shorts and a shirt.

" Turn around" She said looking at Rodrick, his eyes were plastered to her.
" Why?"

" I'm taking off my underwear."

Rodrick hid his blush and turned around but could hear her remove her bra and panties and slip into his dry clothes.

" Alright." Cynthia whispered and crawled over to his bed. Climbing into the sheets.
Rodrick gulped and saw her before she found comfort in his bed.
He decided to keep it to himself that she was in his boxers, not shorts.

He started to take off his own clothes, he wasn't shy and didn't care if she got a small peek at him. He found some clothes and put them on, them slid in next to Cynthia in his bed, she curled up to him, shivering. He gently sighed and wrapped his arms around her, pulling her in for his body heat.

" You know you'd be allot warmer if we were naked.." He whispered, eyes closed.

" Not. Going to happen." She whispered back, half asleep.
Rodrick laughed and nodded falling asleep as well.