Status: Completed

Avoid Complications Rodrick.

Waiting

" Cynthia.." Rodrick whispered, his breath hot and sweet on her cheek and ear, she stirred still asleep, their bodies intertwined, arm over arm, leg over hip under leg. They were in a comfortable knot. Slowly her eyes batted open, the washed and worn black liner smudged around her blue eyes.

" I'm awake. Rodrick, you can stop poking me.." She whispered, lifting her head to look up at him, Rodrick blushed and looked under his covers.

" can you turn around for a minuet?" He asked, trying to keep his voice from breaking from his new found nervous embarrassment.

Cynthia nodded yawning and turned around, cuddling up to the pillow she was resting on. Rodrick took a deep breath and grabbed his groin area and ran down in the dark house to the bathroom. They had napped for an hour and the storm had only gotten worse, so had Rodrick's day dreaming fantasies.. Rodrick rushed into the bathroom and quickly got rid of his hard problem.

Cynthia turned over after a minuet, and frowned she could no longer see his dim outline or feel his warm body so firmly against hers on the bed. She had just assumed he was getting dressed, but then she remembered, he was poking her... But.. Cynthia's eyes grew wide and she blushed, cluing in on what had happened.

She sat up and played with her hair a little then got out of his bed and made her way down the dark stair way. She could hear his low moaning coming from the bathroom. She took a deep breath trying to keep from turning completely red.

".. Rodrick..?" She whispered, trying to find him in the darkness, with a flash of lightening outside, she could see his outline working busy with his recent upping.

Cynthia blushed and walked over to him and kissed his back, Rodrick froze, the hair on the back of his neck raised as the shiver of surprise waved down his spine at the touch of her kiss. He blushed feeling her arms glide down his finding his hands and holding them, parting them from himself, swiftly she took his hands place with her own. Making Rodrick gasp and moan as she moved her hands slower than he had.

Rodrick closed his eyes, and tried to slow his breathing as he took in the motions of her hand stroking him.

" I..I thought you.. Said.. Ten dates before we..!" He said moaning a little louder than before.

She smiled and kissed his shoulder.
" You've been too good to not get something.." She calmly said, she was surprised at how she wasn't doing the gentle movements wrong, she had never been sexually active. Until with Rodrick, and she'd surely never touched a person the way she was now sending Rodrick to the edge.

Finally Rodrick erupted in a loud moaning, his hand gripping at the wall as her hand had given him the end to his embarrassment, brought an entirely new secret of blush worthy incidents.

Cynthia wrapped her arms around him, feeling him release. It was like his entire body sighed as he finished.
She stood up on her tip toes and kissed his cheek, then walked out.

Her eyes adjusting to the black out.
Rodrick sat in the bathroom, running his hands into his hair, his mouth agape. He didn't know what to do, or what to say. He had fingered her, not expecting anything in return, but that was a month ago. Now she gives him a hand job for being so good? Rodrick didn't understand and he wished she hadn't given him that pleasing act.

If anything it had driven him more crazy, wishing the ten dates would be over and done with and he could freely take her whenever he wanted and she would be game with it. Rodrick sniffled, pinching the bridge of his nose moving them outwards to rub his eyes quickly.

He just wished he knew how to react. What to do in the situation. She brought so many different things with her, happiness, sexual frustration, emotional roller coasters.

" FUCK!" Rodrick yelled at himself. He was getting frustrated just thinking about it. Cynthia went rushing to the bathroom, hearing him scream she instantly thought he was hurt.

" Whats wrong!?" She asked, out of breath and in a panic. Rodrick looked up seeing her worried face in the flashing lightening.

" Nothing I'm fine." He grumbled, standing up.

"Rodrick.." She whispered, her voice echoing with fear and scare.

He looked up at her through his bangs that had fallen onto his face, he straightened his stance and turned towards her. Cynthia looked like she was seconds from crying.

" What?" He asked, confused by her expression.

She ran to him wrapping her arms around him.

" Don't do that.. I thought.." She mumbled

" Hey.. I am not going..Anywhere.." He tenderly whispered, his finger stretched under her chin, guiding her face up towards him, her eyes brimming with tears. He leaned down and gently pressed his lips to hers.

Their eyes closed, they didn't notice the lights flickering on and off. Until the lights turned on and remained on. Rodrick and Cynthia broke apart.

" I guess the storms over.." She whispered, wiping the tears from her eyes.
She felt like an idiot. Getting so worked up over nothing. Rodrick ran his hands on her arms and shoulders.

" Do you want to try the laundry cleaner thing?" Rodrick asked, moving his hands to their usual spot on her sides. He had let go of the whole hand job whirlpool in his head and focused on Cynthia and the fact that his parents would probably be home after the storm, which could be at anytime and Cynthia and he were in his boxers and shirts.

Cynthia raised her eyebrows
" You mean the washing machine?" She asked, tilting her head to the side.

Rodrick nodded smiling.
Cynthia laughed and hugged him quickly kissing him.

" Sure. To the dryer." She said and went upstairs to get their wet clothes and put them in the dryer. Rodrick was right behind her, drinking a can of soda. His finger looped in the waist band of his too big for her boxers.

Cynthia started the dryer and turned around in Rodrick's hold, her arms around his neck. Rodrick smirked and lifted her onto the working dryer and kissed her neck. Cynthia closed her eyes at his gentle kisses her hands gently running in his damp hair. Cynthia leaned over to him, her cheek against his she whispered in his ear.

" Will you come to the funeral with me?" She asked. Rodrick pulled back, to look at her.

" Do you think I should?"

" It'll count as a date." She smiled, biting her lip.

" Why don't we just forget this ten date rule.. You want me.. I want you.." He hushed his voice and kissed her.

" Rodrick.." Her voice cracked, she cleared her throat pushing him from her.

He narrowed his eyes at her. Biting on his lip, upset he wasn't getting his way.

" Cynthia."

" I don't want to make love..Like this.."
Rodrick shook his head, not believing she actually said that.

" Who said anything about making love?" He asked, leaning his head closer to hers. Whispering his hateful words.

Cynthia looked at him hurt.

" We should wait, until we love each other.."

Rodrick pouted his lips.
" Alright. Fine." Rodrick said, looking in her eyes, with slight dislike and upsetting. He thrusted himself from the dryer and walked up to his room. Rodrick, not knowing what to do now he just started to pull on his clothes and smoke. Which was odd since, he only smoked when he was drunk. But of course he would have a pack of smokes for such occasion. He fumbled with the lighter, sitting in his window's ledge.

Hitting the back of his head on the wood, as he kept trying to light his smoke. Finally he gave up and tossed it on the floor, breaking it in half. He jolted up from his seat kicking the broken cigarette under his bed. He shoved his hands in his pockets, that known expression that he was about to cry smothered on his face.

Not because she had refused to have sex with him, but because he had hurt her after she had been so kind and loving to him. He had turned so sour so quickly. It almost blind sighted him, he had taken care of her not two hours earlier and now. He was treating her like dirt. Crushing her dreams of a romantic relationship.

Was it Rodrick's fault that the thoughts of all the bets around her and him had invaded his train of thought, and knowing that a bet was the only reason they were together made him so mad hearing her talk about making love and being in love. Rodrick didn't know how he expected to be able to love her, if he only asked her to hang out.. Because of a bet..

" I just came to say bye." Cynthia said, looking at him. She felt like he was beating himself up in his head. By the way he was slumped over looking at the floor, hands in pockets.

" Oh.. Yeah.. Bye" He replied, her voice had broken his on going thoughts.

" Bye.." She said again. She was waiting for him to say sorry for what he had said to her, but she knew better. She grabbed her bag and took out her phone. Twenty missed calls, split between her parents, her sister, and Hayden.. With a single press of a button she deleted all the messages and called a cab. She was in somewhat dry clothes, her hair was damp, her feet were freezing in the cold puddly pavement. And her heart was sore.

First Miranda's death, her parents neglect.. and now her boyfriend's lack of commitment to something more than just ' friends with high benefits'

Cynthia had three days to get past all of that to help prepare the funeral, make arrangements, and to get ready for her families pain that would be like always burdened onto her shoulders.

Rodrick watched from his window, as he flickered with his lighter. He watched Cynthia walk away, not even looking back the way she had left. Her bare feet pitter pattering the puddles. Her clothes dry enough to get on. Rodrick sat there, hating himself he could of given her a sweater, and shoes.. Socks at least. But no, he couldn't even give her a proper good bye.
He didn't know how either of them could expect him to be all happy and cheery after the ass he made of himself. His insensitive jack ass comment.

Cynthia got to her house and saw the Heffley family car up the road, leaving to go home. Cynthia paid the cabby, and got out. Her mother saw her from the window and went rushing out. She was in a furry, Cynthia assumed Susan told her mother she was home alone with Rodrick. Cynthia was right when she felt her mothers crisp hand slap her freezing face, the silver band scrapping its cold ice onto Cynthia's pink red and purple rain drenched heart broken face. Cynthia looked at her mother, emotionless.

Cynthia was waiting to hear the words her parents were wishing.
Wishing that it had been Cynthia to of died, instead of Miranda, Miranda, the one who helped them out and shined in school and sports and happiness. The one who didn't hide away loathing in a selfish world, painting and drawing. Hating life, while Miranda embraced it.

No matter how well she looked after her family when in need, her parents knew Cynthia's true darker nature... And hated it.

" Sleeping around like some tramp!" Her mother yelled, her father had defended Cynthia. He sometimes understood her outbursts, but often regretted taking her side, like he did now.
Mr. Daniels was trying to explain it all to her mother, but was having no luck.
Cynthia didn't care, her mother would act like she never hit her daughter, or that she had called her a tramp for doing something she somewhat did. Her mother would go back to her depressive grieving, not her murderous psychotic grieving.

Cynthia snuck back down to her room, hiding on the top step of the basement gave her a good spot for the fight, she could hear it clear and was given enough space to see but not be seen. She slid her phone open, to lazy to hit the key buttons to open the screen saver. She had two texts from Rodrick, both simple and unapologetic.

Cynthia wished she could cry to him, and say that her mother didn't even care or notice she had no foot wear and was freezing cold. But how could she tell him that, when he didn't want to hear it.
She layed on her bed, and tried to keep herself steady as she drifted off to sleep.
Praying that Saturday would be much better than her Friday.
No boys, just work to do.
Planning, and homework.

For the next few weeks, Cynthia was planning on burying herself in housework, and homework. She didn't want to have time to talk to Rodrick, or be left alone with her own thoughts. But for now, she would let her mind rest and try to get some sleep.
Something everyone in her house desperately needed.