Status: Completed

Avoid Complications Rodrick.

Saturdays Apology

Rodrick woke up, and looked around his brightly light room, soaking up the unwanted sun. Groaning he swung his long legs over his bed, the balls of his feet pressing against the cold wood of his floor, his room chilly and cold. He wasn't sure why, he was so warm, the sun had been brightly exposed on his body when he was in bed.

Confused he looked around to see his wide open window, guess he forgot to close it last night and after a groggy sleep like the night he had, it all fell into place, his entire body was sore from sitting for hours at the window, looking out at the frighting storm. When he layed early that morning on his empty bed his muscles groaned in pain from the sudden change, Rodrick shook his head.

He grabbed his phone. Looking through all the history.. He'd messaged her three...four.. times that night, and he started to send her another message. After thinking and going over their fight that night, he realized what he had said, and how she had taken it..
Was it his fault his dick had done the talking for him?
Rodrick strongly thought it wasn't, but he knew she'd take it as no excuse.

Rodrick stood up, stretching his back and arms then walked over to his open window and closed it, looking down at the yard below. Noticing something, strange.
His parents had come home last night, not too long after Cynthia left, but the drive way was empty. Saturday morning, and they weren't even home?

Rodrick walked downstairs pulling on a pair of jeans as he went almost tripping down the flight of stairs, he looked around, no mom no dad, no annoying Greg and that little thing... Manny? Since when did his entire family have a life away from the house?

Rodrick went into the kitchen and un-intentionally found a note written by his mother, explaining that his father was at some dorky civil war thing, she and Manny were shopping and Greg was at Rowleys. But Rodrick didn't care for the specifics, all he wished she'd written was how long they would be gone. If he had it his way, not only would he hold a massive band practice, he was go apologize to Cynthia, bring her back here and give her his special way of making it up to her. He had looked up a few tricks and found one he quickly understood. Its simple instruction made it easier for Rodrick to remember, without writing it down. He was smart enough to know to not do that.

With his luck with sex his mom would find it and ground him till he was forty.
Rodrick shook his head in fear of the thought.
Grabbed his phone and tried calling his girlfriend.

" Answer your phone!" Mrs. Daniels shrieked looking over at her daughter, Cynthia looked down at the vibrating phone in her hand, opened it and shut it. She looked up and over at Arissa, who was holding in her giggles.

They all knew it was Rodrick, who else would be calling her so much?
Cynthia continued browsing through the racks of clothes, picking up a pair of jeans. She sighed putting them down and tugged on the strings attached to her shirt, which looked more like a pink hoodie cut off at her shoulders. She enjoyed that the most about the sweater. It was cute so she figured that wouldn't hurt either.

Arissa walked over to her friend and held up this dress to Cynthia, looking up and down letting strands of her bright blond naturally crimped curled hair falling over her thick black rimmed bright blue eyes.

" Oh yes, you have to buy this one doll."

" This? I dunno.. besides its bright pink! I'm here for a funeral appropriate dress. Arissa."

" But getting some new threads cant hurt can it?"

" Actually it can."

" God. Cynthia your as fun as cramps."

" Gee. Thanks. That makes me feel loads better."

Arissa rolled her eyes laughing, putting the dress back.
She saw Cynthia open and close yet another text from her phone.

" Why are you ignoring him?" She asked, her voice low.
Arissa was aware that Cynthia was uncomfortable with her mother hearing about Rodrick.
But she understood why, her mother would go crazy if she really got to know the guy, and how fast the two were moving along in their fresh relationship.
Arissa almost cringed vomiting at the thought of the two getting sweaty and sticky between the sheets.

" He straight faced told me, we will never make love!"

" As in sex..?"

" Well no, he'll fuck me. But apparently I'm not good enough to be in love with and make love to."

Arissa didn't see the point, sex was sex, whether it was making love, fucking screwing making sticky. Whatever.

" And your ignoring his calls because of that?"

" Well.. Yeah.. Hes almost telling me that he'll never love me.."

Arissa looked at Cynthia, and saw her quick heartbreak look in her eye, and went over to her friend. Arissa knew her sister had just died, but for some reason she saw almost more pain in Cynthia's eyes over Rodrick then the loss of her own flesh and blood sister.

" Just..Ignore it.." Cynthia whispered holding her on going phone, he was calling her again.
Her mother stormed over and glared.

" I swear Cynthia. If you do not answer your phone, God forbid. But I Will" She threatened
Cynthia rolled her eyes and flipped open her phone, sending her mom a dirty look of pure hatred.

" Who is it?" Her mother asked, ignoring the looks Cynthia was throwing at her.

" What do you want?" Cynthia asked turning away from her mother.

" I want to apologize. Where are you?"

" Somewhere."

" Well, I know your not at home."

" And How. The fuck do you know that?" She asked, continuing to walk around the store, away from her mothers prying large ears.

" Your stupid brother is a shit short of help!"

" Hayden?"

" Yeah whatever. So where are you?"

" I don't think it matters. I don't want to see you."

" I'm trying to apologize. Cynth. Come on!"

" Rodrick! You basically ended our relationship last night! After I you know what!" She whispered into the black electronic. Looking through a rack of clothes.

" Please.. Cynthia.. I'm so sorry.. I shouldn't of said that, and I didn't mean it."

" You didn't mean it?" She asked, sourly. Not believing a word he was saying.
She sighed, looking over at her mother.

" Look. I have to go. I'm buying an outfit for my sisters funeral then me and my family are heading out tonight. I'll talk to you when I get back. Okay?"

" Are..Are we okay?" Rodrick asked, saddened.

" Yeah sure. We're fine. Bye." She shut her phone and turned it off, tossing it into the bottom of her cluttered bag. She found a dress, that looked more like a black skirt with the loose gray top, but it fit perfectly. She had already bought her shoes, which according to Arissa was a dumb ass move. But she happily ignored her friends comment.

Cynthia walked over to her mother, who didn't actually ask about her phone call. But they could tell Cynthia was much more upset than before.

Rodrick groaned and hit his head on the wall beside him, he looked over to see his friend Vince giving him one of his many looks, this one silently asked what was up, but he'd never ask out loud. That's not how Loded Diper rolled. They weren't a bunch of pussies who talked about the feelings they never had, and if they did they used them.
Now was one of those times, and as Rodrick sat behind his drums, and set his hands ready to hit the drums to the song, he played perfectly.
For once it didn't sound as just noise in the garage, it actually sounded like a punk band.

Rodrick heard his mother roll in, and stopped the practise to go see what she had bought, he grabbed a bag of chips and said bye to his buddies and slammed his body onto the couch melting into the cushions watching program after program, no matter what was on his eyes remained glued to the t.v

Cynthia got off the plane and the flapping butterflies in her stomach swept out of her body as her feet touched the pavement ground. She missed the Canadian air, her family was from Vancouver, but she grew up on the island. Her grandparents lived there, and her parents lived there. That's where almost all of her family was buried, so naturally that's where they were all headed. But Cynthia was not looking forward to taking the ferry ride over to the island, and seeing Eddy. Was going to be more drama then the family was hoping for.