Status: Completed

Avoid Complications Rodrick.

The Beautiful Disaster

Cynthia looked at Arissa then at Rodrick, then back to Arissa then slowly back at her bleeding Rodrick. Who couldn't even look at her back. Tell her was sorry in a single look.
Sasha moved through the crowd seeing her dear friend in the middle of the crashing school scandal. Sasha stood by Cynthia ready to catch her if she falls.

All eyes were set on the blond, her crimped hair and snarly smile as she stood there prouder than ever before to finally bring Rodrick's happiness to an end.

" What, the fuck are you talking about?" Cynthia finally asked.

Arissa smiled and looked at the brunette and cleared her throat ready t tell everyone just what she was indeed talking about.

" Hmm, where to begin.. I suppose this whole thing, started when you came to school here. Rodrick and his little band mates there, made a bet that Rodrick couldn't get a date with you. When you two became serious he dumped me. On the spot no explanation, not that that's stop me of course. So I befriended you, which honestly wasn't that hard. When you and Rodrick got serious, so did the bet. So they decided to let in a few more people to see if he could wherever with you. " Arissa took a pause and a breath

" Then you left for your sisters funeral and I got my own revenge. I got Rodrick drunk and fucked his brains out. The sigh that comes from his lips when you blow him, is just so exciting isn't it?" Arissa laughed looking at Cynthia.

" Rodrick, being the money master he is also got money on the side from his mom; giving him mom bucks when he would help you out. But lets be honest all he probably did was sit around and eat your food. When you desperately needed comfort."

Cynthia couldn't hear the rest of Arissa's words, her heart was pounding so hard she could feel the pulsation in her ears. Her throat was lumped in pain, she looked over at Rodrick, who continued to just stand there, awkwardly. Letting Arissa tell the entire school what a douche he was, and what a fool poor Cynthia was.

" How can you love him Cynthia? You didn't mean enough to him for the truth. You were just a big joke to him and his friends." Arissa laughed setting in the final bomb of their relationship. She walked off, her little posse- the jocks and a few of girls that wanted to be just like Arissa - right behind her.

Cynthia turned to look at Rodrick and felt the hot bubble of tears over whelm her. Sasha put her hand on Cynthia's shoulder but she pushed her hand off and walked over to Rodrick. He looked at her cowering, he was sorry, he was so sorry and he wanted to tell her that but the words weren't forming..

" How could you.." She whispered.

" How could you.. Use me like that?"

Rodrick lowered his head, ashamed.
He couldn't bare to see her angry and crying, all because of him.

" I hate you.. I fucking hate you. Rodrick Heffley."

Rodrick finally found his words, and they were angry.

" You fucking hate me!? You could of walked out a long time ago and non of this would of happened!"

" Oh yeah right! Like I could! You were smothering me in your lies!"

" Oh BULL SHIT!"

" NO! It's not bull shit! It's the truth! You didn't even tell me I mattered to you until you were fucking me!"

A few snickers and laughs went through the crowd.

" You, are pathetic and a loser. And I should of known better." She said to him, crying. Cynthia turned and started to walk off, Sasha right behind her.

" I'm Sorry!" He yelled, but Cynthia was out of the school by then. Rodrick fell to his knees.

" I'm...Sorry.." He whispered to himself, he looked up in hopes of the hand on his shoulder being her, but instead it was Sasha.

" Don't bother, Rodrick. You fucked up. Your hurt this poor innocent girl.. Your a monster." Sasha hastily whispered to him, and pushed him off, then ran out of the school.

Cynthia was pacing out in the lot waiting for Sasha.

" Take me home. Please.." She stammered out through a bunch of hiccuping tears.

Sasha walked over to her and pulled Cynthia in close, Cynthia hugged the girl and hid her face in her shoulder; crying uncontrollably. She had given him everything, and all she got was her heart broken and stomped on by two different people.

Sasha put Cynthia in her car and got in, and drove off.

Rodrick looked up as his shoulder and arm were being pulled on, lifting him to his feet. Rodrick felt empty, but heavy all the same. He was being taken to the nurse then the principals office, where he knew he'd be waiting for his parents to show up. Only for it all to be revealed to them as well. Oddly Rodrick didn't care how long his grounding was, he'd rather be on lock down in his house then have to face the gray world.

" You are in so much trouble young man." Susan said to him, as they got into the car. Mr. Heffley got into Rodrick's van and drove it home.

" No band, and no concerts or anything." She said, she was so furious she couldn't even think.

" I'm fine with that. I'm ending the band anyway."

Susan looked at her son.

" Just cause we aren't letting you..."

" No mom, its time I stopped wasting my life in that silly band anyway. Besides, I'm almost eighteen I need to think about school and college.. not.. Bands.." Rodrick said his voice was low and sad. Susan could hear it in his voice but wasn't sure what to say.

He got out of the car and waited for the van, it had his drums in the back.
When his father parked the van Rodrick ripped open then back and smashed the drum set on the road. Banging them against the van.

" Hey hey! Son. Calm down!" His father said waving his hands in the air to get him to stop.
Rodrick looked at him, his lips cut and his nose completely purple, his eye was entirely black. He'd look like a broken man, even if he wasn't beaten so badly.

" Please... Dad.. Just.. let me..Do this.."

" I cant.."

Rodrick sighed and drop kicked one of the parts and went inside.
He picked up his phone, and searched for her number.

The phone ringed and ringed and ringed, but she didn't answer.
Cynthia looked down at the screen seeing his name and ignored it, she simply turned off the volume. So he could call and call and she would never have to hear it.

For days, Rodrick called and emailed Cynthia. He wanted to talk to her to try and explain his fuck up. But he wasn't sure if someone could even explain the things he'd done.. He just wanted her to know that he tried to get out of it and he never wanted to hurt her...

" Cynthia. Rodrick's on the phone." Lilly said, holding the phone to her chest.
Cynthia looked up from her sketch book.

" I don't care " She whispered, her voice cracking.
Cynthia hadn't left her house in days. She was wearing pj's and her hair was greasy and pulled back into a bun. It was like she had left life leave her body, no one could get her to smile or get anything but depressive statements from her.

She'd gone through two sketch books with pages filled with crying people, broken hearts and a boy who looked like Rodrick getting chased and beaten down by an angry mob.

Cynthia looked up at the knock on the door.

" Come in.." She silently said, her voice was so quiet, she didn't bother speaking hardly since she'd always have to repeat herself.

She looked up to see Hayden walk into her room, she didn't mind him. Maybe because he was in as much pain as she was.
But worse because she'd have to see Rodrick again.. Unfortunately.

" I'd like to ask you something Cynth."

" Yeah?"

" Now I already discussed it with your parents.. And since I'm moving back to Toronto.. I was wondering if you'd like to come live with me.."

She nodded
" Yeah, yeah for sure. When are we leaving?" Her voice came back and she smiled at him. Hayden smiled back.

" This weekend so pack up, just clothes and the must haves, everything else your parents can probably ship up."

She nodded.

" I'll get right to it."

Hayden smiled and hugged Cynthia and whispered thank you in her ear.
She never thought she'd be saving Hayden by going, as he saved her by offering.

She immediately called Sasha to get her stuff from her locker since she wasn't going to be going to school there any longer.

" Yeah okay, I'll see you in a bit." Sasha said into her cell as she walked over to Cynthia's locker. Rodrick looked over at Sasha

" What are you doing?" he asked, seeing her start to take everything from Cynthia's locker.

" Its non of your business Heffley." She said, not caring to even look at him.

Rodrick had lost everything, and today he was ending the band...

" Please talk to me Sasha.. Everyone else already hates me."

" And for good reason!"

" Yeah.. But.. Can you please just tell her I'm sorry?"

" Nope."

" Why?"

" Because she doesn't care how sorry you are. Saying your sorry isn't going to make it better. Rodrick. You still went behind her back and cheated on her, and made a bet about getting her into bed. A single word with no true meaning behind it, isn't going to make it all go away."

She looked at Rodrick, he looked down and into his locker nodding. She grabbed the last books and walked past him, not giving him a second glance. He got what was coming to him. Sasha pulled up to the big white house and carried in all of Cynthia's stuff.

Cynthia greeted Sasha, her hair wrapped up in a towel as she began to pack. She opened a box

" Just toss my stuff in there, leave the school text books on top. Thanks."

" Is this the only reason why you called me over?"

" No.. I'm moving... "

Sasha nodded " I noticed, where to?"

" Toronto."

" Wow, that's a ways away..."

" I just wanted to tell you, what a great friend you've been.."

" Oh don't start getting all sentimental.." She laughed, and hugged Cynthia.

" I have something for you."

" Ooh I like presents." Sasha smiled and closed her eyes. Cynthia put a box in her hands, Sasha scrunched her nose and opened her eyes she saw every single art thing Cynthia had, the brushed the paints pastels. .. All of it.

" Hayden's buying me new stuff. I was thinking if you don't want it you could give it to the art program at the college."

" This is great.. Man.. Thanks.." Sasha smiled up at her.

She set the box down and hugged her friend once again.
Its always hard to say goodbye to a friend... Always.