Status: Completed

Avoid Complications Rodrick.

Movie Time

" Rodrick.." his mother hissed in his ear and shook him.

She sighed
" I'm sorry Cynthia, he's still sleeping" His mother said into the phone.

Cynthia on the other line nodded
" Thanks.. Bye"

" Bye-Bye"

They both hung up.
Mrs. Heffley walked downstairs and Cynthia fell back against her bed.
Sighing, she walked upstairs.

Bored to tears.

" Well. I might as well have a movie day then.." She mumbled going up on the creaky floor boards.

She looked around and saw her family in a hustle and bustle, mom was in her suite, so was dad. Lilly was dressed, where Cynthia stood there in her torn up sweat pants, pink bunny slippers, and giant cherry bomb sweat shirt.

" Where are you guys going?" She asked, confused. It was Saturday but they were acting like it was Monday!

" We got called into the office, and Lilly is going over to her friend Greg's house"

Cynthia smiled and high fived Lilly.

" Alright well bye" She said as they all raced out the door.

Cynthia held her stomach, it was growling for hunger.
So she searched through the cereal cupboard and found one of her favorites.

Captain Crunch.
Delicious. Just what she needed first thing in the afternoon, a sugary bowl of cereal.
She turned on the t.v and sat there watching cartoons, when suddenly a brilliant idea formed in her head.

She sat up and went to search through her movies.
Ah yes, perfect.

She put in the disc and turned off the lights.

She went to the kitchen to make some popcorn.
She was opening the package when she heard the knocking and the doorbell.

" Who could that be..?" She asked and walked over to the door and opened it.

" Hey" Rodrick said waving like an idiot.

She screamed looking at herself. Then slammed the door and ran to her room.
She basically ripped off her sweats and shoved herself into the closest pair of jeans and buttoned them and ran back upstairs.

She leaned in the door's frame, he was standing there frozen in his confusion.

" Heyyy" She replied, acting like she hadn't just done that.

" Can I come in?"

" Yeah, sure come on in.." She opened the door more for him to come in.

He awkwardly stepped through, like he was worried she'd slam the door back on him.
He looked around and smirked.

" Nice place" He said and made himself at home. He flipped off his shoes and ran and jumped on the couch.

" What are we watching?"

She sighed and went really red.

" The little mermaid."

" Did you just say the little mermaid?"

" Maybe!" She shrieked, a little too quickly.
She turned from him and the t.v and went to the kitchen to make her popcorn.
She hadn't planned on him coming over unannounced, and for him to diss her Disney!?

She sighed and put the popcorn in the microwave and took out her movie and put it back.
" You choose one then" She replied walking away once again.

Rodrick kept trying to get a word in, but she kept leaving the room, he'd expected her to be a little put off and surprised, how do you think he felt? He;d been ganged up in his own house and ' forced' to leave. By two little worms!

He looked through her movies and put one in, it was a scary movie.
But it was one of his favorites.

She walked in with a bowl of popcorn on a tray along with a few cans of soda.

" here." She said and placed it down, then sat beside him. She was a little uncomfortable with him sitting so close, each time she looked over at him he was perfectly still, but when she looked away he inched closer and closer until finally he had his arm around her.

She went red, and took a look at the DVDs main menu screen.

" No. No. NO." She said and got out of his hold.
She didn't like horror movies, not a single bit.

" Please?"

" No. Rodrick.. I.. Cant.."

He grabbed her hand and held it. He batted his big eyes at her and said in a low charming voice, running his thumb on her hand.

" I'll be here for you. No matter what, and if you beg for me to stop the movie. I will"

She looked at him, and sighed and nodded.

" Come here.." He said opening his arms.
She took a deep breath and rested on him, to their surprise she fit perfectly in his arms.

He rested back and pressed play and grabbed the bowl of popcorn.
It was the oldest trick in the book, but damn.
Did it ever work.

Cynthia curled up to him and hid her face in his chest for more than half the movie, and he held her tightly to him. He could feel her shaking with fear.

After the movie they both sat there, debating on what to do next.
Rodrick was playing with his drum sticks tapping them on his legs.
Waiting for her to say something..

" Rodrick..?" She started and looked at him.
He looked at her and lost concentration on flipping his drum stick and it went flying.
He raised his eyebrows and his lips fell open apart a little.

Because she did not say anything more than his name, but instead she leaned in closer to him, he sat there frozen..

" Are we..more than friends?" She asked, he gulped feeling her breath on his lips and cheek.

" Uh well.." he started his voice's tones changing.
She sighed and looked in his eyes.
Something about that look made them both lean in once again, and seconds before their lips met in a kiss.

The front door opened and Cynthia jumped back.

" Dad!? What..Why are you home so early?"

" I got my work done.. Is there a boy here!?" He grumbled, and stormed over.

Rodrick had gone into frozen scared face and gulped, on the inside he was freaking out.
Dealing with fathers.. oh God..

Mr. Daniels looked down at his daughter and the boy sitting on his couch.
His eyes shot red seeing their hands so close.

" Was I interupting anything." He asked. Leaning down closer to Rodrick.

Cynthia looked at Rodrick, he looked scared.
She looked at her dad, her grandfather was in the army, and taught his boys to be army men. So she understood why Rodrick was as scared as he looked..

" You plan on marrying my oldest little girl?"

" ..dad.." Cynthia said. He held up his hand to shush her.

Mr. Daniels peered down on Rodrick.
He gulped.

" Uh well.."

Cynthia's father made a buzzer noise and yelled in Rodrick's ear that, that was the wrong answer.

"DAD" She said, giving him a ' what the hell ' look.

" Rodrick is just a friend. Right Rodrick?" She said, Rodrick nodded.

" You've got nothing to worry about. Come on Rodrick" Cynthia said and grabbed Rodrick's hand and walked him down to her room.

Her dad was a real knob sometimes and often interupted her moments with boys.
She was about to get her first kiss, and he ruined it.

" Wow this is your room..?" He asked looking around and sat on the chair.

" Yeah its my pig sty.." She said and picked up some of her clothes and threw them into her closet.

" Is that true?"

She looked at him, confused.

" Are we just friends?"

" Rodrick, get real. Of course we are. We've known each other for a week, and Ive only been nice to you for three days."

He nodded, they continued talking.
Mostly about music.

" Cynthia. Is Rodney staying over for dinner?" Her father yelled down the stairs.

" Are you?" She asked him, he shrugged.

" Why not?"

Well cause my family is one member of being a family circus act.. She thought

" Yes dad. RODRICK is staying for dinner" She rolled her eyes and layed on her bed.

Rodrick licked in his lip and bit it, then took the opportunity to go over to her.
He got on the bed and layed over her, hovering over her.
He leaned down and gently pressed his lips on hers.

She didn't know what was going on at first, but suddenly she started moving her lips with his. She wrapped her arms around his neck, and his hand found its way to her waist.

He parted and sat up.

She blinked and let her finger tips graze her lips.
That was what she had been missing out on?

Rodrick had opened a new side to her, a side that always wanted to kiss him, and hold him.
Be with him like this.
It was a side she knew she couldn't really have..

" We better go help with dinner.." She said and got out of the room. Afraid that if she stayed any longer, a lot more than making out would of happened.

Rodrick nodded and grabbed his sweater and put it on, he joined her upstairs.
Wishing his mom could see this, helping out with dinner.
He felt weird, always asking her where to put all the forks and knives, or how she always fixed what he put on the table..

But he knew she didn't care, when she looked up at him and gave him that smile of hers..
Rodrick knew that he had gotten attached, and sucked into her world, and he wasn't sure if he ever wanted to leave it.