Status: Completed

Avoid Complications Rodrick.

A Kiss like This

" Lets go?" She asked, he nodded again and opened the door. Cynthia closed it behind her.
They walked to his Loded Diper van, and she braced for the worst of the worst of tonight.
She got into the passenger side, and looked back to see no Band Equipment..
She looked over at Rodrick.
He smirked and started the van.

Cynthia was bewildered, he had tricked her.
Thinking it was going to be the worst date,
when it was one of the best.

They pulled up at the movie theater.
He bought two tickets for a movie they'd both like.

He bought them pop corn, and drinks.
He was being strangely kind and considerate.
She liked it, she grabbed his hand as they walked into the theater.

They held hand through out the movie, unfortunately, they couldn't hold their boredom and both fell asleep rapidly fast, dropping all their popcorn onto the floor.

The usher came and shooed them out.
Cynthia laughed, as she and Rodrick got kicked out.

" Whats so funny?" He asked laughing with her.

" I never sleep with the guy on the first date." She said and they walked to the van.

They got in.

" So what now?" She asked.

" It's a surprise" He said laughing lightly and passed her one of his ties.

" Put it on around your eyes"

" Are you kidding me?"

" Nope."

She sighed and smiled and tied it around her eyes.

" You know, I'm kind of surprised your dad let you come out tonight"

" After dinner last night?"

" Yeah..." Rodrick replied getting a quick memory shot of what happened.
He'd ended up accidentally landing part of his food in Cynthia's shirt, then went ahead and helped her fish it out. No one could tell who was more red.
Cynthia, Rodrick or Mr. Daniels.

A quick shiver went down Rodrick's spine.

" Stop thinking about it. Rodrick. He will get over it." She said and smiled him.

But you didn't have your hand down your shirt in front your dad... He thought and sighed.

Rodrick pulled into the parking lot.
The lit up signs reflecting on his van.
He smiled and got out of the van and helped her out, then took off her blind fold.

" .. Rodrick.." She said and hugged him with one arm. He latched onto her the same way and they walked into the coffee house they were at Saturday.

" Here you go.." He said and helped her into her chair, she smiled and looked around.
It was alot different tonight then it was Saturday.
Maybe since it was Monday, the place toned it down.
It was all she could assume.

They ordered burgers and fries.
Watching the live music, and talking.. Criticizing and praising whoever was up.
By the time they were done, they were closer.
Leaning in for a kiss, and they knew eachother like they'd known each other for their entire lives.
Or so it seemed.

Rodrick leaned over the table and kissed her, then sat back down.
She smiled at him and grabbed his hand.

" I hate to be the one to say this.. But we do have school tomorrow.." She said, with a sigh. Looking over at him. He nodded and got up.

" Come on."

" Another surprise? I, am impressed Heffley"

He laughed and grabbed her hand and walked over to the till and paid for their dinner.

" One last surprise and I will take you home" He whispered in her ear. She nodded.

Never wanting the night to end.

Rodrick drove, past the rink and almost to the outskirts of town.
Then parked in the middle of a field.

" Follow me " He told her and kissed her cheek, then climbed out of his van, through the window. Cynthia watched with her jaw dropped, she heard him fumbling around on the roof and held in her giggle. She slid out through the window and hoisted herself up onto the roof, with his help of course.

Both had the biggest idiotic smiles plastered on their faces.
He held her hand and they layed back on the roof and looked up at the darkening sky.
She looked over at him, and within seconds he turned over to look at her.

They both closed their eyes, leaned in and once again felt the electric spark they got whenever they kissed.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

" Bye Rodrick" She said, through the window, her house lit up behind her.

" I'll see you tomorrow.. I guess.." He said, and looked down then back up, she was gone.

He sighed and jumped a little seeing she'd ran around to his side of the van, he lowered his head down and they shared a good night kiss.

She backed up and let him drive off.

She smiled and walked in, ignoring her father's request of an update on the status of the nights evening.. She was too dazed, flustered and the butterflies in her stomach, kept her on her toes.. She wanted to re-live the night over and over again...