Status: Completed

Avoid Complications Rodrick.

Not Used to the Feeling

Rodrick snored loudly, as he layed in his bed, the bright red light of his alarm clock beside him. Minuets from buzzing seven a.m, he rolled over and groaned as his clock went.

He slammed his hand down on the buzzer to silence it.
He slowly sat up, his legs hanging of his bed, touching the hard cold wood floor,
covered in garbage and clothes; clothes which he he didn't know or care if they were clean or dirty.

He grabbed a pair of jeans that seemed to be okay, and slid them on over his boxers, then walked downstairs scratching his hair. Greg was in his room, which meant the bathroom was all his. He smirked and went into the bathroom.

First thing first, he brushed his teeth.
He looked over at the bathtub, he debated whether he should shower,
he took a whiff of his arm pit and immediately slammed his arm back down and spit out all the foaming toothpaste in his mouth.

He grabbed some pit stick and slathered it on, it covered up the raunchy smell,
he stretched smirking at himself and began to work on his perfectly messy hair.
Grabbing the closest hair brush, and began to semi-brush his hair, to make it that perfect mess. Tipping it off with gel.

He smirked at himself, impressed with how good he looked,
well not that he didn't ever not look good.

" Come on Rodrick! You've been there forever!!" Greg whined through the door, holding his crotch, desperately in need for the bathroom.

" Piss off Greg." Rodrick said and walked over to the porcelain bowl, unzipped his jeans and promptly relieved himself. Making Greg go insane with the new tease his brother had begun to place upon him, and the urge to pee was worse than before.

Rodrick finished and flushed, driving Greg further into insanity.
When he had to go, he had to go.

Rodrick checked his hair and sprayed on his AXE and opened the door, Greg ran under his arm into the room to go. Rodrick laughed and went to his room.

He slid on a shirt that seemed to be okay, along with a sweater he put his drum sticks in his backpack, grabbed it and slid on his shoes.

Running late, he grabbed a piece of toast and ran out to his van.
Rodrick took a single bite as he started his van.

" Fuck that's burnt!" He exclaimed, tossing the wasted toast to the back of the van,

He groaned and went on his way to school, he pulled into the parking lot.
Then waited around a little at the lockers for Cynthia.
But she never showed up, the guys strum him along to class.
In a massive human wave pool of crowded halls.
He thought he saw her, but he wouldn't be sure until he got into the class room.

He sighed, it wasn't her.
He sat in his seat, doodling Loded Diper into every page in his binder, and scribbled onto the desks.

He thought about how weird it had been for him, he went through the entire weekend without saying any really bad words, which was something he did quite casually.
He guessed since the first day he stopped her from saying fuck she assumed he didn't say those words. Of course he did, what teenager didn't?

But since then, he was a little shy of dropping the F bomb so easily around her, maybe she didn't like that kind of language, but her dad already hated him, and he didn't need to give the man more reasons too.

He sighed, and smirked, it was lunch and there she was.
All alone at a table, her tray hardly touched.
He scooted in beside her.

" Hey Daniels." He whispered in her ear.

She looked up, surprised.
She looked over at him.

" Oh hey Heffley." She replied and closed her books, and took a grimacing look at her food.

" Aren't you eating..?" He asked, noticing her look.

" I'm not very hungry" She said and put her hand on her stomach briefly, he didn't notice though. He had begun to dig into his own grub, slurping and shoving it into his mouth to finish as quickly as he could.

" Where were you this morning?"

" Huh? Oh uh.. I wasn't feeling good." She replied, her voice was quiet and low.

He nodded and took his napkin and wiped off his face, and looked at her, leaning in close.

" Is something wrong?" He asked, putting his hand on hers, she seemed to cower in his hold and moved away from it.

Hell, she stood up and grabbed her books.

" What..Did I do something?" He asked, looking at her.

" No."

" Then why are you so mad at me?" Rodrick asked her, not bothering to look up at her.

She bit her lip.

" It's not you.." She said, sitting back down beside him.

" Then what is it?" He asked, looking at her.

" I cant tell you. But I wouldn't worry about it..Okay?" She asked, and plastered a fake smile on her lips. He bought it and nodded.

" Where are you going?"

" Well, I'm actually leaving, I'm going to go get my homework. If you want you can come with me.." She said, letting a real smile sneak up on her.

He nodded and grabbed his backpack and his pudding.
Eating it on the way.

The two talked the entire time, but Rodrick couldn't shake off the feeling that something was wrong..

" I'll call you tonight. Okay?" She said, as they sat outside, he nodded.

Rodrick grabbed her hand, and held it tightly.
He didn't want to know what was wrong, but he wanted the feeling in his core to go away.
He didn't get that feeling often, and each time it took him out of it.

" Your not dieing..Are you?" He asked.

She turned her head slowly towards him and looked at him stunned, and shook her head no and stilled a giggle.

" No, I'm not dieing." She said and kissed his cheek.

He smiled and cupped her chin and kissed her, they parted as a honking horn was shot at them. She sighed and kissed him quickly once more then got up and left running to the car.

He continued with the day, not really paying attention to anything and anyone.
But that feeling got worse and worse as he went through the day,
and he never thought going home would give him the answers he unfortunately needed to hear.

Rodrick walked through the door, his band mates going past him, they knew the way to the garage without him.
His mother stopped him and pulled him into the living room.

" Rodrick, you'd better sit down.. I've got some.. bad news.."

" Mom, I don't have the time-"

Mrs. Heffley cut off her son, with the only things she knew would hook him into staying to hear what she had to say.

" It concerns Cynthia." She said, and grabbed his hand. Comforting him for the news his heart was pounding un-naturally fast for.