Summer Struggle

1/1

Alone, I was by myself. No one to my left, no one to my right. Cars did not pass the street I was on, not a single automobile.

The hot summer sun taunted me, causing sweat to drip unwilling from any pore on my body, covered in knee length shorts, and a shirt.

My feet ached from a long day of activity, walking to be exact. The beat up vans provided no form protection for my aching feet.

My breath came in strained pitches, wheezing out from my lungs with every step. I was tired, no better yet exhausted. A few more blocks, and I would be home.

No, I'd never return home.

The sound of worn out brake pads echoed through my ears as a car stopped behind me. I swerved around, startled. A car rarely passed down Mergio street. Why was this car here, why did it stop?

A man, around 40 stepped out, shutting the door. His eyes landed on me. My heart rate began to pick up, I spun around, walking at a brisk pace.

Foot steeps, they followed me until a voice overpowered them.

"Hey you, why you runnin'? Huh girl? Why you scared?"

The voice was hard, thick with violence, and the evil plans of torture were laced venomously through out the vocals of the terrifying man, now clearly stalking me as if I were his prey.

No, I actually was his prey. I was his next victim.

This thought was assured as I felt arms fold around me, strangling me. I fought back with the pathetic amount of energy I had left. It proved no fight to man as he brought me back to his car, and pushed me into the back seat.

The sun above died down, covered by clouds. Thunder roared, threatening to send down troops of rain. Lightening cracked, a spark of insanity in the sky. Soon a storm was placed in the hot summer air, as moist beads of cool water erupted form the sky at once, very much similar to a volcano. The air became humid as my breath hitched in my throat.

The doors were locked, the man was much stronger than I could hope to be. I was pushed down, painfully. Rough hands found their way to my pants as I snapped, adrenaline coursing through my veins, giving me a spark of hope in this dim situation.

That adrenaline died down, along with me as I got a rough smack to the face, a tooth coming loose in my mouth. My hands fought, trying desperately to fend this man off. I was to no avail as my shorts were tugged down, along with my underwear.

Screaming was never something I was good at, nor that I liked to partake in, however, the scream that came from my lungs was powerful, it was loud. The man did not like that, he smacked me again, only harder this time, and placed a dirty hand over my mouth, practically suffocating me.

"Shut the fuck up, just shut up!" He yelled, pulling his zipper down as my vision became blurred with liquid.

As my barrier of innocence was broken, tears lead trails down my face. I would never be the same, I was broken, my world was shattered. Why did this have to happen? How would someone be so sick?

More thrusts, more pain, more tears, more blood.

My body shook with sobs, and from the force the man was putting into this activity which he found pleasurable. I just wanted it to be over. But it wouldn't end. I was being raped, I couldn't fight back, my life was falling apart.

After what seemed to be hours the man stopped, unlike my tears. He grabbed my hair, and pulled me out from his car. My body naked and exposed, my soul injured, and unrepairable. the hot summer air stung my body, as my sweat and blood mixed.

As I was forced to get up from my knees a knife came into sight for a slight second, before it was across my neck.

Blood dripped down my neck in a massive waterfall. My knees buckled beneath my weight, and my hands did nothing to prevent me from falling on my face.

The deranged laugh of the man who took everything away from me echoed in my ear as my vision darkened.

Here I lay, Emily Burken. I am dead, I am gone. I am no longer innocent. The man that took my purity took my life. A broken spirit and a broken soul.

Just another dead girl, raped and killed. The summer continues as I am just a news article.
Enjoy your summer, for I never will.