The Only Truth

go.

"Stop. Both of you." Itachi muttered just enough for them to hear.

"It was you. I knew it." She scoffed. "And you." She turned towards the dark-haired boy. "You're the Uchiha who killed off his own clan and let his brother an orphan."

Itachi undid the top of his cloak, showing a slight smile hidden underneath his robe. "What about you? I went out to investigate why an ANBU from Kumogakure would all of a sudden pop into the Land of Frost so desperately and without any other back-up. I found out that a girl, long, dark hair, tanned skin, deep eyes, and around seventeen years old had just massacred her own family as well as a large guild of ninjas known for slave trade. This girl ran off as soon as the deed was done, ultimately marking herself as a dangerous missing-nin."

Her eyes widened. She didn't know what to say. She opened her mouth to speak, to go against his words, to tell him it was all just a rumor. That none of it was true. But she knew she couldn't lie. Not when her face said it all.

"Shut up." She murmured, her hands coiling together.

"Isn't that… you?"

"Shut up!"

Tiger, dog, snake, dragon.

She released the storm against him, her eyes full of fury and annoyance. Her body was shaking as she watched the beams smash against his body, pushing him backwards and out of the cave. A fist came smashing at her gut, making her gag as she looked upwards towards the blue man's face, sticking out her tongue in response. Her clone exploded against his touch, slamming him backwards, the cave roaring in response as she jumped back and gracefully landed on her feet. Before she could move she felt a shuriken press against her neck, an elbow softly leaning on her shoulder.

"You're fast." She hummed, her hands still against Itachi's touch.

"Kudos to you too."

She should've figured. The guy does have the Sharingan, great cloning skills, and some incredible abilities she wasn't sure whether she wanted to find out. He hadn't be caught yet by the hunter-nin or any other kunoichi from his clan. Why should he get pummeled by her?

Not that she was easy to catch either.

He stabbed against her neck, her other clone popping away in response. He didn't bother moving from where he was, instead shifting his eyes to where she actually was standing, her back leaning against the wall.

"We can play this game all day." He smirked.

She didn't smile in return. "Why didn't you kill me as soon as you found me?"

"You're convenient." He simply answered.

"I'm convenient?" She mocked.

"Don't shit with her Itachi." They both turned their heads towards the seemingly quiet man who had just sat down at the corner of the cave after practically exploding. "You might as well tell her the truth."

"Enlighten her then." Itachi shrugged his shoulders, casting his eyes down.

"Easy. Itachi's cold, older-brother attitude will suddenly appeal to you because of your deep, lonely "pain". You will fall deeply in love with him even though you know he will never be able to love you, but at the same time you will offer not only your body but your services. He will send you off to do his dirty work and eventually when you aren't useful anymore he will ask me to mercilessly kill you."

She couldn't help it.

She burst out laughing, letting out a short snort. Her body curled forward, her arms wrapping around her stomach. "Oh God! God!" She lifted up head only to laugh harder at their amused faces, for the first time seeing Itachi create a a less than strict face. "I can't-,"

"What the fu-," Kisame gave her a ludicrous face, his hands twitching with anger. He snapped his head towards Itachi. "What is wrong with her?"

"Do you… oh my…" She started off, quickly stopping with another burst of laughter. "God, it hurts! Fuck! Oh… Oh God. God. Look! Look. I'm not exactly… I don't exactly… I'm not that easy." She huffed. "And it's not like that guy is exactly a fucking prince either. He's []really pretty don't get me wrong. But it just won't go that way. It's not like I'm planning on staying with you guys forever anyway."

A silence overcame the room, as she looked around the cave wondering what she had said to kill the mood. It's not like she was lying or anything. She appreciated the… sort of kindness they had shown her even though they were cold-blooded murderers, but she was currently on the run. Well, it's not like they weren't on the run either. But she… and they… It wasn't exactly a good mix.

"Kisame." The blue man turned towards Itachi. "Kill her."

It didn't even take a split second for the man to grab onto his sword and lash against her, her eyes glinting with happiness. She jumped before it could touch her, running quickly out of the cave and onto the snowy ground. "Fuck." It was cold.

"What the hell do you think you are doing?" She yelled out, positioning herself. "I thought… I thought…"

She didn't finish her sentence. She wouldn't embarrass herself anymore.

They both stepped out of the cave calmly, Kisame holding a large, toothy grin. "I have been waiting all day to tear you apart, little girl."

She didn't say anything. Instead she sighed, leaning down and curling her body into a little ball. It always ends this way. She could hear the Raikage's voice echoing through her ears, reminding her she trusted too easily. That defect would eventually bite her in the ass. This isn't a world where trust should be granted to a stranger who gives you a sweet gesture and a sweet smile.

She couldn't help but be angered she was deceived yet again. Deceived by her family. Deceived by fellow ninjas.

Deceived by this pair of idiots who had been onto her all day.

She pulled herself up again, raising an eyebrow and giving them a smirk. "Fine. Fine." She stretched out her arms, extending them upwards and loosening them again. "Wanna play?" She took off the torn vest that hid her breast bandages, dropping it on the snow.

"Then let's play."
♠ ♠ ♠
<3 sorry it's not very long, but I promise it's for a good reason!