The Only Truth

nana.

'Chan, what happened?' Her grandfather embraced her as she ran towards him, small hands wrapping around his pants. She was drenched in blood, from the tips of her hair to the toes on her feet. All she could do was hiccup short cries, short little words that he could hardly hear. He lifted her up as she quickly wrapped her arms around his neck, his hand rubbing her back as they started to walk towards his small cottage where he lived.

He opened the wooden door and walked in, making sure to lit up a candle for it was getting darker by the minute. It was sure to rain, the sky echoing an incessant boom let out by thunder which he could feel all the way through his feeble bones. He placed the little girl on the kitchen table as she immediately wrapped her arms around her legs, bringing them close.

He started some tea in silence, listening to both the tears of the skies and the tears of the his little granddaughter who was curled into a tight little ball while she sobbed her feelings out. He poured the tea on two small tea cups, bringing them over and handing one to Chan who took it in her small hands and blew. He pulled a chair close and sat in front of her, watching the salt and water from her eyes, drip onto the cup of tea as she took a short sip.

'What happened?' He asked again, a short thunder shaking the cottage roof.

She hiccuped, her body trembling in the cold. 'K… Kill… I think I killed her.'

Her grandpa took a sip of his tea calmly. 'Who?'

'Umi… Umi…' She started to tear up again, her small fists that held onto the cup, tightening the grip. 'Umi, Umi… Umi. I think I ki-… I'm so sorry. Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, I'm so sorry!' She let go off the cup which broke against the floor, tea spilling all over. 'Umi, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to, I didn't mean to!'

He calmly stood up, placing his tea on the table and grabbing ahold of her shoulders and shaking her a bit. 'Where is she now?'

She shook her head over and over while he grabbed onto her tighter. "Chantal listen to me. Where is the girl?"

She held out her arms as he picked her up, carefully kicking the glass closer to the table and walking out the door again, letting the rain pour down against them. She used her fingers to point in the correct direction, letting his feet walk for her, her small voice silent at the sound of thunder. She had never been afraid of a lot of things. If anything her only fear was of heights. But when they got closer there was this eerie feeling of sadness. This eerie feeling that this would haunt her forever. That it was a mistake. That this was something she will forever regret.

So when they got close to the spot where she had left the pieces of the girl she closed her eyes.

She let her memory fly back to when Umi was still alive. To when Umi was still her friend. To when Umi was still Umi.

She closed her eyes and prayed never to wake.


---

When she woke up, she wasn't where she figured she was supposed to be.

When she woke up, her face was plastered against the ground, the rest of her body lying on its side.

When she woke up, her blood was smeared everywhere, her body sliced and diced all over.

When she woke up, she couldn't move a finger.

When she woke up, she was definitely pissed.

She felt a jolt up her body as she felt her leg getting kicked hard, a large bruise starting to color on the side of her thigh. By instinct her body flipped to the other side and grabbed the asshole's ankle, digging her nails into his skin. She didn't have to look up to know it was Itachi. She didn't regret it one single bit.

"Let go, stand up, and come with me." He muttered. Her grip tightened.

"Fuck off." Her voice was coarse, her lips split and bloody.

"I would if you were kind enough to let go of my fucking ankle." Itachi shook his foot, but her grip was static.

"Uh oh, someone cursed." She sing-songed.

"Kisame…"

"He can go fuck off too." She murmured as she felt her body getting picked up and slung over someone's shoulder.

"Let go of my ankle." Itachi stated, her eyes barely opening as she realized she had pulled his leg up while the big, blue guy lifted her up. She snorted. Her grip loosened as he brought his leg down and started to walk towards the right.

She started wiggling side to side, trying her best to fall of the shoulders of the giant. She was angry, but too exhausted to do anything about it. Her body could barely respond, her hands stretching in and out while her nails retracted along with the rest of her exposed bones. "Why aren't you dead yet?" She started to weakly punch his back, letting out short mumbles. "Die, die, die…"

"Don't bother." Itachi stated. "He's in a catatonic state. He can barely walk, talk, or move. You exhausted him to a new level."

A low growl exited Kisame.

"He just doesn't want to admit you pretty much defeated him."

Another low growl.

"Proud fucker." She muttered. "You prick mother elfin'…"

She passed out.

---

'I'm so sorry, grandpa. I just…'

'Ssh… I know. I understand.' He leaned down and held her by the shoulders. 'You're special. You're so unlike others and that makes you special. There's nothing wrong with that. And we'll clean this up and forget about it. It was a mishap. And it's going to be okay. We both got to be strong. No tears.'

'No tears.' She hiccuped.

He smiled, that warm smile he always gave her. 'Exactly.' He turned over towards the mess. 'Now let's clean this up and be on our way.'

She nodded while she turned towards where he was looking. It was going to be a tough job. The little blue-haired girl had been torn to pieces, her limbs spread across the rocks. But she didn't cry anymore. She didn't speak. All she did was clean up the mess the best way she could, being careful with each piece. With each part of what used to be her friend. With each part of what used to be the girl who had betrayed her.

She picked up her life yet again.
♠ ♠ ♠
:3