The Only Truth

hachi.

They stopped by a small Dango Shop hidden in between the frost, a river of smoke exiting through it's small chimney. It had stopped snowing by then, snow capes covering vast grounds, barely leaving a visible trait of what used to be grass.

Kisame knocked on the side of the small shack with his free hand, the other tightly gripping to Chan who was still knocked out, while Itachi called out a good morning, waiting patiently on the benches that sat outside.

"Dammit, how long is she going to sleep?" Kisame muttered angrily, slapping her back a few times, her arm automatically elbowing him in the neck and gently slithering back asleep again. He was tired. He was pissed and tired and if it wasn't that the little brat kept shoving and kicking in her sleep, he would've probably stayed in his empty state for a while.

"… You never told me why were were keeping thisthing with us.Actually,let me rephrase that." He dropped the girl on the rest of the bench without care, her feet sliding onto his lap. He didn't push them away. "Why, are we keeping this thing alive?"

Itachi smiled that charming smile. "Three teas please and four orders of dango." She nodded, bringing the curtains to a close and walking inside. Kisame rolled his eyes. Typical Itachi. Not only buying an extra order for himself, but buying some for the non-invited.

"I took a liking on her." Itachi stated, his voice calm and collected.

"Wha-, what?! You like her?!" Kisame quickly stood up, letting Chan's feet dangle onto the ground while her body lied strangely on it's side. "This thing?! That will sleep in these awkward positions?!"

"Took a liking.That doesn't mean I like her." Itachi inhaled heavily, watching his breath condensate and then disappear as he let it out. "She will be an interesting… addition."

"TO THE AKAT-"

"Here's your tea!" The old lady burst outside before he could finish his sentence, placing it on the small table that lied between him, walking back into the cottage without another word.

Kisame wanted to skin himself alive. Boil himself under water. Anything. Anything. He shouldn't have reacted that way. He shouldn't have opened his mouth. He committed a mistake. This was so unlike him, so why now? Why would he act this way now? Why was he so riled up that the little shit was going to join them?

The girl groaned, rolling on her stomach and slipping onto the ground with a thump. She still didn't wake up.

Oh, right.

He sat down again, grabbing his cup of tea and rubbing his large hands against it while glancing down towards the girl then turning over towards Itachi who was doing the same. They looked at each other for a second. "… I'm not picking her up this time."

Itachi kept staring deeply into his eyes. "Nah, nah, nah, I've done it like three times already, now it's your turn to get abnormally hit by an unconscious girl." Itachi didn't even blink.

"… You might as well give up. I'm not doing it. I'm standing my ground, dammit." He stomped his foot for more effect. Itachi parted his lips, but no words came out as he pressed them back together again.

"You're dango is all ready to go!" The lady busted in, putting the plates down and walking inside again. She didn't feel like asking questions. Itachi still wouldn't blink. Kisame was starting to find it creepy, even for him.

Before Kisame could even grab the stick. Itachi took it, taking quick bites stuffing them into his mouth. Kisame's mouth hung open. Had Itachi always been this cruel?

"If she grows sick, you're going to pay for each meal for the rest of our lives." Itachi raised a cocky eyebrow, picking up another stick and sliding his mouth around one of the balls, pulling it upwards and into his mouth. He chewed and swallowed quickly. "I'll make sure of it."

Kisame held back a groan. Before he could even stand, Itachi pushed himself up, walking over to where she was, and squatting down right above her face. He extended a hand backwards, Kisame raised an eyebrow, slightly shifting his head to the right and awkwardly picking up a dingo stick, handing it over to him.

Itachi took it, glancing down at the girl slightly covered in snow and started waving the stick in front of her nose.

It didn't even take half a second for her eyes to pop open and her head to quickly lean forward and take a bite of the dango, immediately waving her hands in front of Itachi and curling into a little ball while she chewed.

The red-eyed boy turned his head towards Kisame who was currently dumbfounded at the stupidity and gave him one of his famous smirks. "Who said anything about… 'picking her up'?"

"OH!" He gave Itachi a large toothy grin. "I get it! For a second I was questioning your judgment there, Itachi. I get it now. We aren't making her part of us. We're making her our pet! Like a really, ugly dog with questionable habits!"

He felt a jab on his leg, blood oozing out from his thigh as he turned his head towards the girl who had currently stabbed his leg with the end of her stick. "Who you callin' an ugly dog, bitch?" If it wasn't that the corners of her mouth were stained with soy sauce she would've probably intimidated him more than she did.

Kisame didn't move. Instead he raised up his eyes towards her, a deep frown set on his face. "Take. it. out."

She snorted, keeping her hand still, a sly smile starting to form on her lips. "Take what out?"

He glared. "The stick."

Her smile turned into a grin. "What stick?"

He wrapped his hand around hers, her fingers immediately tightening her grasp on the stick, her head lifting upwards as their eyes connected. She felt odd. He was an asshole, for sure. But he was a sexy asshole. If he were to all of a sudden strip, lie down on the ground and say, 'play with me', she wouldn't even have to think twice before hopping into his arms.

Mmm... his arms.

She pulled a smile right out of her ass. “Oh, what is this? Does Ki-chan like me? I'm sorry Ki-chan, not interested.”

Not while he has clothes, anyway.

He immediately let go, rubbing his hand against his cloak, smearing away what cooties she had. He glared down at her.

“All you had to say was 'please,'” She tore out the stick, his hand flying to the wound. “And 'thank you.'”

She grabbed another danbo stick, which Itachi immediately tore away, something she had expected him to do. Before he could even take a bite she leaned over and licked the side of them, marking her territory. He glanced at her, their faces inches from each other. Before she could even give him a victory smile he took a bite of the first one, swallowing it quickly and giving her a short smirk and snort. “Like that would stop me.”

Her eyebrows knitted together. “You disgust me.”

He raised up two fingers with his free hand, poking her in the head and making her stumble backwards. She pouted, quickly grabbing a stick and running to the other side of the cot where she figured she was sort of safe. She glared at nothing in particular while cupping her danbo with her free hand and taking quick bites.

Itachi, you bitch.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3 c/c?