‹ Prequel: Timing Is Everything
Sequel: Country Strong
Status: Like it? Let me know! : )

Give Into Me

Silver Wings, Slowly Fading Out Of Sight

“I can't believe you're leaving us again.” Johnny pushed his bottom lip forward before tilting his head forwards so when he looked to Caroline, all she saw were his puppy dog eyes and sad pout. With a stifled laugh, Caroline shook her head before stepping around the several bags she had packed over the course of the last week to bring a gentle hand onto Johnny's shoulder.

“I'll be back before you know it.” Caroline smiled, feeling as if she were speaking to a small child rather than a man her own age. Regardless of that fact, she then pinched his cheek playfully before watching his frown slowly change into a smile.

Caroline could hear the three males behind her laughing at the bass players child-like behavior. She cast a look over her shoulder, giving them the hint to halt the teasing laughter Johnny's way. “Just keep recording while I'm gone, I can't wait to hear all the amazing songs you guys create while I'm gone.” She smiled before engulfing Johnny into a tight hug, she could feel his hands lightly rubbing her back.

“I'll miss you, Lacey will too.” Johnny said with a half smirk at the mention of his live-in girlfriend.

“I'll miss you more.” Brian stated bluntly, causing not only Caroline and Johnny to glance over at him but Matt and Zacky as well. Brian immediately took notice of the four sets of eyes he had drawn to him. The lead guitarist scoffed slightly before taking several long strides towards Caroline, lightly bumping Johnny out of the way.

The bass player took a step back but not before he whacked Brian's arm, however the weak attempt to get back at Brian failed when he didn't even wince. Instead he wrapped a heavily tattooed arm around her and pulled her close before placing a light kiss on top of her head.

“You can call me, you know.” Caroline giggled at the reactions she was receiving from the boys. They were acting like they weren't going to see her again, she was only going away for a month and a bit. She fully intended on having them attend one of the east coast shows where they had some time in between to relax and catch up.

Brian pulled away from her, before casting his eyes down to meet hers. “I might need to, if I fuck up with Erin. I need a females advice cause these fuckers don't know shit.” He muttered and received an angry glare from all three of his band mates. Caroline laughed lightly before patting Brian's chest with one hand then extending herself onto her tiptoes to kiss him softly on the cheek.

“I'll always be a phone call away.” Brian nodded before stepping aside and letting Zacky come forward and say his farewells. The rhythm guitarist wordlessly pulled her into a warm and brotherly hug, squeezing her briefly before letting her go.

Caroline let her hands skim the front of his shirt, feeling the array of buttons along the front beneath her finger tips. A small smile crossed her lips as she glanced up at him.

“Zachary Baker I expect a picture of that perfect baby girl of yours for every day that I'm gone. I don't want to miss a minute!” Caroline pointed a stern finger at him to make sure he knew that she was serious.

With a casual laugh, Zacky assured her that not only would he send Caroline a picture for every day that she was gone, but that she could babysit once she returned home.

“You got yourself a deal, Baker.” Caroline laughed before hugging him one last time which left her with only Matt to say goodbye to.

With a somber smile on her face, Caroline made her way over to the built lead singer, his mouth held a forced smile while his eyes told her his true feelings.

“I think Matty boy will miss you most of all.” Brian teased lightly in a sing song voice. The guitarist slumped a casual arm around Matt's broad shoulders. “We'll have to look at his depressed and sex deprived mug for the next...” Brian paused as he calculated the number of days Caroline would be miles away.

While he was doing so, Caroline couldn't help but giggle at the clearly annoyed expression on her boyfriends face.

“Fuck,” Brian bellowed loudly, “fifty-one days without you, Care. You sure you can't take this one along?” He bargained but Matt playfully tossed Brian aside so he could give Caroline a proper goodbye. “I was just thinking of whats best for all of us. You're mean when you're unhappy, dude.” Brian called after him.

"Don't be a jackass, Brian." She shot his way to which he rolled his eyes and started up a discussion with his fellow guitarist.

Matt shook his head at his best friend before directing his attention to Caroline, and Caroline only. Just as he opened his mouth to speak, Riley appeared with two guitars in hand.

One being his own and the other one being Caroline's, which Matt knew because she had covered the case with stickers and the Avenged Sevenfold death bat stood out like a sore thumb. Riley handed off the cases to some of the roadies packing the tour bus full of the luggage and necessary instruments.

“Five minutes and we're heading out.” Riley said as he placed his hands onto Caroline's shoulders and squeezed them lightly.

He then lowered his head and whispered something into Caroline's ear. Matt was unable to hear but due to the faint laugh that escaped Caroline's throat it was somewhat amusing.

Matt was aware that Caroline and Riley were merely friends but the way Riley was with her still made him wonder just where Riley's intentions lay. Whispering in her ear while he stood only a few feet away didn't seem appropriate and due to Matt's jealous nature, Riley's actions only caused further frustration. Especially knowing that the two of them would be spending fifty-one days in such close quarters. He had seen first hand of what some people did when away from their significant others. He trusted Caroline but he didn't have a lot of trust in her partner.

“I'll be on the bus in a second.” Caroline promised and pat one of his hands gently. Riley removed his hands from her shoulders as he made his way towards the bus, waving to himself and the rest of the band. Travis had made his way over and was shaking the hands of Johnny, Zacky and Brian.

“Matt?” He heard Caroline call to him, he looked away from his four friends as they came to rest on his girlfriends eager face. “We don't have long.” She said, her voice coming out soft with a somber under tone.

Matt inhaled a deep breath before he reached out to rest his hands on her hips. She, in turn, let hers rest on his chest before nestling her head there as well. He ran his hands up and down her back for a few silent moments before he stopped and brought his lips close to her ear.

“I really, really hate to admit this and don't tell Brian but...” He began, sounding somewhat pained in what he was about to say. “he was right. I'm definitely going to miss you the most.” Caroline's laughed was muffled by the fact that she had buried herself in his embrace. Letting all her senses get every last bit of him that she could before she had to go fifty-one long days without the comforting smell of his cologne or the softness of his touch that he saved specially for her.

She gently raked her fingertips down his back as she pulled away, not wanting to let go of him. Caroline had just gotten him back, the last thing she wanted to do was leave him again, even if it was less than two months. The roadies began closing the under carriage of the bus, signalling that these were her last few moments.

She repositioned her hands onto his arms and curled her fingers around his forearms as she peeked up at him with a halfhearted smile. “Danielle's staying at my apartment while I'm gone...” She explained, her eyes remaining locked with his as she mindlessly played with the sleeves of his hooded sweatshirt. “She told me what you did.”

Matt's eyebrows rose slightly, not surprised that Danielle had told Caroline but a little curious as to what Caroline had to say about it. “Oh yeah?”

“Yeah.” Caroline's lips curved upwards. “You gave her closure, so thank you.” The crack in her voice didn't go unnoticed by him, neither did the tears welling up in the corners of her eyes. He returned her smile before placing his hands on either side of her face. She squeezed her eyes shut quickly, attempting to rid her eyes of the salty liquid. Matt gently ran his thumbs under her eyes, catching the tears before they had a chance to fall onto her cheeks. “I love you.” She choked out as she opened her eyes.

“I love you too.” Matt released a deep chuckle with his hands still cradling her face in his hands. Before she had a chance to get another word out, his warm lips came crashing down onto hers. Her hands came up to grip his forearms as she moved herself closer to him, not wanting the contact to end.

She let out a sound of displeasure when the engine of the tour bus came to life and he pulled away from her. Caroline cast a glance to the bus, Travis was already inside and was eagerly motioning for her to get inside the large vehicle. With a heavy sigh Caroline looked to Matt before he let his hands fall to his sides.

He watched idly as Caroline turned her right and picked up the large shoulder bag that had all of her necessities inside. They took several steps towards the bus but Caroline stopped him couple feet short, she had a hand pressed firmly to his chest. He looked down at her curiously before she took one last opportunity to press her lips against his.

It didn't last long due to the fact that Riley now, was standing at entrance of the bus and called for her. Matt tried to let his annoyance go unnoticed but Caroline caught the brow furrowing glare.

“You don't need to worry about Riley.” Caroline laughed as she backed herself towards Riley's voice. Matt only furrowed his brow more, not only at Riley but at Caroline's sudden comment. “He's gay.” She said softly, making sure it was only Matt that could hear. Caroline had to bite down on her bottom lip to keep from laughing as Matt's jaw dropped. When it got too funny to hold in she turned her back to him and let her smile break free.

Once she set foot on the ledge of the entry, she turned her body around just in time to see the boys standing all together in one unified group. With one last smile and wave of her hand, Caroline let bus doors close behind her. The driver didn't hesitate before he planted his foot on the gas pedal, and suddenly her four friends were nothing but fading shapes in the distance.

Caroline settled herself into a free seat near the front, watching the early morning sunrise creep up over the various highrises and apartment buildings. They hadn't even driven five minutes before Caroline's phone buzzed lightly in her pocket. With an eager hand she removed the mobile device from her jacket and saw an all too familiar name pop up on screen.

It's been less than five minutes and I already fucking miss you.

...and he's really gay? I feel like I've just been royally mind fucked. I seriously thought he was into you.


Caroline burst out into a small fit of giggles before getting an odd look from the bus driver and members of the band that hadn't chosen to go back to bed. She covered her mouth with her freehand before nestling deeper into her seat and preparing herself for a long, evidently text filled, fifty-one days away from her boyfriend.

Despite being sad about leaving Matt, she could feel the excitement bubbling in her stomach as she knew that this was her time. All of her blood, sweat and tears had gone into getting her to this very moment.

The countless sleepless nights spent writing a new song that just didn't seem to want to come together. The struggles of being a musician in a town filled with countless others and being passed over for someone with a better sound or look. Or worst of all, the money hungry 'producers' who promised fame and fortune only to leave her a hundreds of dollars poorer.

Her journey hadn't been perfect and several mistakes had been made in the process but she was a country girl. And even though she fell like everyone else, she never stayed down long.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I kinda stole a bit of the end there from the Country Strong lyrics but I found that it fit well, especially considering that song is a big inspiration for the sequel. The page now has a brief summary and new characters posted, so check it out and subscribe? That's the end of Give Into Me, I hope you all enjoyed and let me know what you think of the end and what might happen in the sequel. I truly love hearing from you all. ♥

I've also posted a snippet of my Jimmy/Danielle story called Timing Is Everything. Subscribe, comment and enjoy. :)