Status: Active

Jealous Hearts Will Leave Us All In Ruins

Sincerely yours.

"We've been All Time Low, and you guys have been fucking incredible! Goodnight!"

Taking one last glance at the crowd, I feel an overwhelming sense of pride at exactly how much four young guys from Baltimore have achieved: we're living the dream. A huge smile appears on my face and with that, I sprint off stage; away from the screaming fan girls declaring their undying love, and into the arms of my four best friends.

"Holy shit, that's gotta be the best show to date right?! I mean, fuck. Dude, that was sick!", Zack exclaimed, clearly still high on the adrenaline coursing it's way through his veins.

"Totally bro, that was so fucking A! We have to go out tonight to celebrate."

Typical. Jack's answer to everything: Let's get wasted! Don't get me wrong, it's usually pretty awesome to have a friend you can rely on who knows how to party and, let's be honest, I'm usually first in line for drinking with Jack. But tonight...

"I don't know, I'm not really feeling so hot. I think I'll give it a miss tonight bro." I muttered, voice cracking slightly at the worry and disappointment written all over the three faces staring back at me.

"Alex, are you feeling alright? I mean, you've been pretty subdued these past few weeks..." Zack trailed off, looking to Rian or Jack to back him up.

"Yeah, Zack's right 'lex," Rian agreed, "usually you'd jump at the chance to get drunk and naked with Jack!"

Nice one Rian.

At that comment, a huge grin made its way across Jack's face and I flinched, apparently noticeably as I saw Zack give Rian a sharp dig in the ribs a few seconds later.

"Honestly guys, I'm fine. Just a little tired I guess. I'll stay in and catch up on some sleep, you guys go out and enjoy yourselves."

I tried to sound reassuring but they still looked hesitant until Matt started yelling at us to hurry up and shower so we could go meet the kids waiting outside. I tuned out as Jack started to discuss the best bars in town with Vinny.

X - X - X - X - X

The following hour was a blur of signing countless tickets, photos and body parts, along with smiles faked for hundreds of photographs; all the while watching Jack interact with the fans out of the corner of my eye, trying not to yell whenever someone touched him. I shouldn't get jealous, I know. I mean, I'm not even with the guy so it's not like I have any claim over him or anything. But come on! Hardly clothed band sluts who clearly only want to get into his pants? Please.

Face aching from all the smiling and temper steadily rising, I hurriedly made my excuses and stormed onto the bus. I plugged my ears with my iPod to drown out the screaming fans outside, the sound of Hit The Lights' Sincerely Yours filtering through. How appropriate.

X - X - X - X - X

"Ohhhhhh shhhhhit! It fucking broke! Hahaha, ohhh fuck no. Matt is going to fuck. Me. Up." giggled Jack as he stumbled back onto the bus. I swore under my breath as I was startled awake and checked the time; 3:10am. Motherfucker.

"'lexxxxxxxxx... Pssssst, 'lexy. Allllllleeeeeeeeeeex, are you awake!?" Jack whispered outside of my bunk.

Snatching back the curtain, I was greeted with Jack's huge orb-like eyes staring back at me, robbing me of my breath. I was speechless for around half a second, until he began to rid himself of his clothes.

"What the fuck Jack!?" I whispered, regaining my composure, "It's past 3am, where is everyone?"

Yeah, so maybe I was pissed. He woke me up goddammit!

"They're still out 'lexyyy," he replied.

Stumbling, he managed to strip down to his boxers and was holding onto the top of my bunk, swaying, trying desperately not to collapse.

"I told them I'd come keep you company! I love you 'lexy, you know that right?" he questioned, eyes serious now but words still slurred and merging together.

At his last statement, my heart skipped a beat.
Get it together, Alex. He means as a friend. He's got a girlfriend. He's wasted.

"Yeah, I know that Jacky," I humored him, "I was asleep though, you didn't need-"

"Nooooooooo 'lex, I wanted to come back," he interrupted, "it's no fun without you."

Pouting slightly, he managed to push me back against the wall of my bunk while he climbed in next to me until we were lying face to face, noses almost touching.

"J-Jack, wha-what are you doing?" I whispered, begging my voice not to give me away.

"I jus' wanna snuggle with you 'lex. We never snuggle anymore like we used to." he muttered, sounding upset.

Jack wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me closer until he was resting his face in the crook of my neck.

Now, I'm not gonna lie: the close proximity combined with our lack of clothing and his hot breath on my neck was giving me a slight problem down south. But what was I supposed to do!?

Sighing, I wrapped my arms around him, shifting around until we were both comfortable. Jack giggled slightly against my neck, causing my breath to hitch in my throat.

This guy will be the death of me.

About ten minutes later, just I was falling back to sleep, Jack whispered, "Sing to me." against my pulse point. I shivered once again, and began to sing the first thing that came to mind, stroking his hair softly as I sang.

"Wake up, and let go of these feelings that I've had for you;
It's easier said than done.
So give up, and let go of these feelings that I've had for you;
Why couldn't you be the one?

'Cause it's a guilty pleasure
Deciding whether you were ever mine or not
But the truth's apparent
That you weren't ever mine to start..."


Jack's breathing gradually got deeper and steadier as he drifted off into a drunken slumber, and I continued to sing softly as tears overflowed from my eyes and made tracks down my cheeks.

"What will it take to make you understand that I; I'm not lying when I say 'I need you.'
What will it take to make you understand that I; I'm not lying when I say 'I need you.'
So don't close your eyes..."


I stopped stroking his hair, moving my hand down to his face to cup his cheek and place a soft, lingering kiss on his forehead as my tears continued to fall.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is actually sadder than it was meant to be but I kinda like it, idk.
The chapter was heavily inspired by Hit The Lights, so I thought I'd give them a mention :)
Song and title credit: Sincerely Yours - Hit The Lights.
Once again, the only thing I own is the storyline.

Comment and let me know what you think!
Also, if you have any ideas for what you think should/might happen, please share :)
Thanks for reading and subscribing, you're all beautiful! <3