Status: Under Construction

The Soldier

Flashbacks of Heaven and Hell April 1, 2011

Today has been my worst day ever since the missiles hit. I keep having memories and dreams flooding from the buried parts of my brain. I keep seeing all of my fellow soldiers laying dead or wounded and crying out for there mothers as they take there last dieing breath. My guilt from these times still haunts me day in and day out. I feel that my new found friend Ranger is helping me through but these visions keep coming.

A vision that keeps playing over and over in my head is a little Afghan boy around the age of five standing watching me with blood upon my face. He came over to me as I kneel by my dead friend and wipes the tears from my face. He smiled at me as if he had just made a new friend. I gave him a mini snickers I had in my pocket and on he went. This shows that war is not all blood and violence but also care and compassion shows its face once and again.

The vision that sticks with me the most does not come from the war zone but back in the states. I had attended one of my friends funerals and he was only the age of 18 right out of high school. As I stood there in my clean pressed uniform on a cool fall day where the leaves are falling I saw his mother. She was crying as the soldier passed her that folded up flag all nice and neat. She fell to the ground crying even harder. She began to ask God why this happened why her son so young had to die like this. The soldier that handed her the flag told her he fought for this country and laid his life down for this country. She started screaming and yelling saying that this country was worth the death of so many men.

That vision will stay with me for as long as I am living. The things she said and how she looked will never stop playing in my mind. Is war really worth so many lives?? Is war really worth the sacrifice?? War is hell and will never end until the ending times of Earth. This is the government war and I am there creation. I damn them for my creation so that they may keep their hands clean from the blood of so many men.