Status: One shot.

And They Said New York Was Dead.

I.

She was oh so beautiful. The way her light would illuminate the sky. She was magnificent. People would blow out calming swirls of white fog in her cold air, and she feeds off the late nights and early sunrises. What could this be, is it what you think I’m talking about?

Yes, this was none other than New York.

Following a journey of lights. This is New York City. This is what she thrives for, and I’m going to describe the never ending wonderland.

Daytime, the city is nothing more than a mere market of people. They never were truly alive until night came out to play. Daytime; it’s not when the city lives. Nighttime; somewhat blinding, but never unforgiving. People would bask in the glow of the LED lights and glow sticks. You could say this city never sleeps. At least not when the creatures are out to play. With their blue eyes and snarky smiles, do you see what I’m getting at?

She sings with angry words, snow falling and kissing the surface of broken pavement. It’s winter in New York City. It’s notorious for its white Decembers. This is what I was talking about with the swirling fog that’s released by the mouths of hopeless romantics.

Thump, thump, thump.

Do you hear that sound? It’s the city’s heartbeat, thudding underneath our feet. It’s never been so alive, New York. Some people would just say she’s crazy. But is she, really? No. Just simply living while you’re stuck somewhere you don’t even belong. New York doesn’t rhyme the ends with the beginnings, she thrives.

I wish I could explain to you how much she loves being somber, oh how I wish I could. Why don’t you come and join me? I promise she won’t disappoint. Through linoleum floor apartments and white virtue of The Big Apple.