Sure You Can Dance. . . But I Can Do The Cha Cha

You Really Shouldn't Mess With the Boy's Hair

“Awe come on. You know you like him” Ethan teased.
“Yeah gosh Molly”. Ethan’s twin sister, Helaina, Added.
“Guys! I don’t like Peter OK”? OK so maybe that was a lie. But why should they have to know that. I don’t see how I couldn’t like peter actually. With the shaggy hair and blue eyes. Not to mention he was pretty much my best friend. Or the fact that he couldn’t talk to you for a minute without making you laugh. And half the time I don’t even think he’s trying.
“Yeah. Suuuuure, you don’t” Ethan said.
“Shut up” I hated the fact that Ethan could read minds.
I moaned and laid my head back on the couch, looking up. There was chandelier on the ceiling. I rolled my eyes. Ethan’s family was rich. The big house, The fancy furnishings, The convertibles. I sighed. He even had the thick black carpeting. You know, The kind that you can grab between your toes and swish it around.(My favorite)
“See when you get mad at me like that it only proves that you like him.” He said matter-o-factly.
“NOOOO” I said like I was talking to a five year old “It only means that I enjoy yelling at you”.
“NOOOO” He mimicked me “It means you like peter” He said slowly.
“Uh. Does not”! I threw a pillow at him and it messed up his scruffy black hair. I giggled at him. “Hey what did my pillow ever do to you”?! He grimaced hiding a smile.
“Nothing. Maybe I just don‘t like it.” I taunted.
“Or Maybe you like peter”.
“Asssssssshoooooole” I groaned and threw my head back on the couch.
“Ha-ha. You know it” He said giving me his ice tea so I could have a sip. I snatched the lemon out of it, put it in my mouth and gave the glass back.

Helaina put her hands on her hips.
“What”? I ask my mouth full with the lemon.
“Why won’t you guys go out with each other”? She asked referencing Ethan and I. This was not the first time she had asked this. She’d had to have asked it about a million times before. I think she has some secret obsession with wanting her friends to date her brother. Or maybe she got some sick pleasure out of making everything so freaking awkward between me and him. I really hoped that wasn’t it.
“Uh. . . because” I said thinking that’s all the answer she deserves after being so annoying about this. I hated when she did this. It always ended with Helaina and I in a screaming fight and Ethan blushing for about an hour.
“Because why”? She rolled her eyes annoyed.
“Why do you care so damn much”? I glanced at Ethan who’s face was already pink, and staring into his cup, trying to ignore the conversation.
“Well you guys would look cute together”.

“Ugh. I hate having a sister.” Ethan moaned, saving me from having to answer.
“Well toooooo bad”. She shot back.
“Well toooooo bad” Ethan mocked her in a high pitched voice, looking up from his self pity party.
I giggled to myself silently. Helaina picked up a pillow and stretched it behind her back readying to throw it at him. Before I could say anything she had launched it at his head. What was it with people throwing things at his head today? It hit him on the side and made his hair stick straight up. His eyes narrowed as he slowly turned his head to face her. You really shouldn’t mess with the boys hair.
“Helaina”? He asked sweetly but with a grim face.
“Yes. Little brother”. I hated when twins did that. Just because she was like 2 minutes older than him didn’t give her the right to consider him her little brother.
“I’m gonna kill you”! He yelled hopping off the couch and chasing her into the Other room, with a pillow in his hands. I whip out my cell phone so I don’t feel stupid just sitting there doing nothing. I play a cheap version of solitaire until I hear giggling from the other room. Ethan and Helaina come in, out of breath and laughing, and plop onto the floor clutching there stomachs. I study them. With their bright green eyes and black hair, they look almost exactly like each other. Besides the fact that Helaina’s hair is longer, but other than that, there isn’t much difference. I guess it would be more of a compliment to Helaina then it would be to Ethan though. Part of the reason why they look so much a like is because of the fact that Ethan has such soft and delicate like features. Not to mention he’s definitely just as graceful as a girl, if not more. And He’s certainly skinnier than most girls. But he is still no where near ugly. Total opposite.
“You guys OK” I ask as they settle down and come sit on the couch.
“Good” Ethan Gives me a thumbs up still laughing a bit.
“Yeah” Helaina adds coughing a bit and reaching for her water.
The door bell rings.
“Can you get that”? Ethan asks me looking exhausted.
“Sure”. I tell him hopping of the couch and going to the door.

“Oh. It’s you.” I say when I answer the door.
“What? Not happy to see me miss molly”. Peter grins at me. I look at him. He’s wearing a light blue polo and long shorts. No jacket either. Even though it’s raining. Classic Peter.
“Not exactly. I was sort of hoping you were Ellie”.
“Oh. Well sorry molly. But I’m not the blonde who likes to wear pigtails and frilly skirts”. He laughs.
“You sure about that”. I say letting him inside and closing the door. He just looks at me, hands in his pockets.
“Well then which blonde are you”. I ask him. “The super manly one”? I laugh
He considers this. “It’s possible” He smiles.
“Yeah OK. You just keep thinking that.” I pat him on the shoulder and go to sit back on the couch.
“Hey peter”. Helaina says in that sweet voice she gets when she thinks a guys cute. I roll my eyes at her.
“Um hi”. He scratches the back of his neck. Ethan looks up from the TV.
“Hey look it’s peter! Molly’s fav-whoa” He blurts as I shove him off the couch
“Ass“ I mumble hiding my embarrassment.
“Nice shot molly”. Peter says.
“Thanks” I say sheepishly
“Don’t encourage her.” Ethan crawls off the floor glaring at me. I shrug. Not my fault He couldn’t keep his mouth shut.