Sure You Can Dance. . . But I Can Do The Cha Cha

The Lovable Ethan

“Goooood morning little miss sunshine! Up up up”. My sister said shaking me.
“Uhhhh. Do I have to, It’s only school”. I said into my pillow.
“Yes. now up!”.
“Fine” I said crawling out of bed . My room was bright and warm. Ick. Squinting I headed down the hall to the bathroom. My sister was already in there brushing her long blonde hair. I drag myself next to her and look at myself in the mirror. Still me. Scraggly brown hair, thin lips, rounded nose, and blue eyes(the one feature I like). Guess I better get on with this day.
Sighing I turn to my sister. “Does it ever get any better”?
“Don’t worry, It will. But for now, just put your makeup on.” She turned and strolled out. I waited until she had turned the corner to call her a liar. It was never going to get any better. Born with this face, going to have to live with this face. Well unless I went to drastic measures and had the whole operation thing done. Which I was never gonna do. Finishing off with eyeliner, I slipped on my favorite pair of jeans and cami, threw over a white hoodie and headed downstairs.
“. . .I have to work for this stuff Anne. You can’t just go out and spend all my money!” Dad is yelling at my mom from the kitchen. Not wanting to deal with a headache this early in the morning, I yell that I am leaving. They don’t even bother to stop fighting to say goodbye. Typical, I think as I roll my eyes. I stroll out the house, wishing I could have grabbed a glass of coffee. It’s early morning and the dew is still on the grass In the yard. I walk past Mr. Kelp's house when I hear someone behind me.
“Heyyy pretty lady”, a familiar voice chimes.
I roll my eyes as I turn to greet Ethan. His shiny black hair is still wet from his morning shower.
“Oh gosh. This early?", I whine.
“Heck yes. I gotta start this early, otherwise I wouldn’t be Ethan now would I?".
“I guess not”, I groan "But what are you doing here anyway?"
“Well I thought maybe I’d come walk you to school, but your parents told me you already left. Sooo here I am!”, he holds out his arms like I’m supposed to give him a warm welcome. I just stare at him with an Its-too-early-in-the-morning look.
“Oh girly”, He sighs at my reaction and walks up to wrap his arm around me “So why are you walking this early anyway?" We start walking.
“Ugh. My parents were clawing at each other again”, I look up at him “I didn’t feel like dealing."
“Oh. Yeah your parents did seem kinda stressed when I got there. But I just thought maybe they were getting tired of me.”, he grins.
I shrug. “They do hate the fact that i hang out with you so much, but right now you're the least of their worries.”
He nods “I see”.
“Yeah”. I lean my head on his shoulder as we continue our little stroll to school.
“I love you Ethan", I sigh.
“Aw. Me loves you too doll face”, he says bending down to kiss me on the forehead. His breath is hot compared to the morning air. I smile weakly as we approach the building of Green Borough High. Not many are there yet, due to me leaving early. And it’s not like 2,000 teenagers are rushing to school, so we stop at a bench just outside of the building and sit down. I huff and turn my head up to face the sky. Not a cloud in site. I kinda wanted it to rain today.
“Why don’t you just fly to school”? Ethan asks a little randomly.
I shrug and answer “Eh. Because I don’t like using my powers around the people at our school. I don’t know why but it just makes me feel weird. I mean I know that they woudn‘t see me or anything; it‘s just I have some paranoia that they‘re psychic and somehow they‘re going to find out that I can fly."
“Ha ha. Wow”, He says in awe. “You're so dang far out Molly. I dont even know how your brain even comes up with that stuff?"
“Yeah I know.” I sigh and lean my head on his shoulder. He’s comfy for a skinny white boy. Reading my mind he laughs “Am I comfortable babe”?
“Mmm Totally” I say softly
He chuckles lowly.
I sit there trying not to think too hard about anyone or anything, knowing that he channels almost everything that goes through my head. I wish he wouldn’t read my thoughts so often, but I guess he’s just curious. A few undeniable beautiful girls go by waving to him. He sees them but pretends that he doesn’t, while he whispers to me that they need to touch up on their botox. I laugh trying conceal it from the girls ears, knowing that they’ll come back to flirt more if they feel challenged. Girls are stupid at my school. And Ethan just happens to be in their eyes a little too much. But it’s entertaining when they get pissed after they don’t receive his attention. Which is another reason why Ethan is my favorite person in the world. He doesn’t see whats so great about girls who are fake. Mostly because there’s nothing. But still, sometimes it seems like the rest of the world seems to adore them.
♠ ♠ ♠
OK. So i know it sucks now but I'm trying to make It better.