Sure You Can Dance. . . But I Can Do The Cha Cha

Kissy Kissy Ga Ga

“Geeze, Molly, he’s just a guy!” Helaina practically shouted at me. We were in the hall headed to Biology. We get 10 minutes between classes (our school is kinda big) so we usually ended up having conversations like this.
“Ya, but he’s different than most,” I replied trying to defend Peter the best I could.
“What is so 'different' about him then, hu?” she challenged.
“Well for starters, He’s sweet, kind, smart, funny, creative. . . And it doesn’t hurt that he’s really cute. And I‘ve never known any guy to have ALL of that and look good too. Plus he‘s one of our best friends and it‘s so much easier to be around him than most guys,” I said trying not to sound too lovesick; after all I was. For I was one of those annoying girls who couldn’t help but swoon for him; especially for his clear blue eyes.
“OK. . . I see your point, but how do you know he‘s not gonna change? I mean come on", she said drawing out the last two words. "He gets attention from every girl around. You don’t think that eventually that’s gonna go to his head?”
“Well, obviously I can‘t be sure. It’s not like I can see visions like Seth or anything, but he is one of best guy friends; I should know him by now,” I replied emphasizing the word now.
“Well I hope you do, because I don’t want to see you get hurt."
“Thanks but he’s just. . . Different. And. . .and I know him,” I assured her sounding reluctant even to my own ears.
“OK,” she said sighing.

‘I love you more”.
“No I love you more”.
“What the. . .” I turned around.
Behind us Elli and Seth were making kissy faces at each other. Peter was behind them with a grossed out look on his face.
“Guys! Yuck!” Helaina said squishing up her nose in a disgusted look. She turned and traced a heart shaped ring of fire around them. She always used her ability to control fire for pointless things. They were cute things though.
“Oh man. I think I’m gonna be sick,” Peter said running up next to us.
We all made “eww” faces at each other and ran ahead. Giggling the whole time, we ran all the way around the corner and out of site of the goo-goo facing couple.
“And how long have they been dating exactly?” Peter asked with a hint of sarcasm. “Like 3 hours?”.
“Haha yeah, something like that,” I answer. They had been buds since like the 2nd grade though, so it’s not like they just met or anything. Unlike those creepy jock/tramp couples, who say they love each other after knowing one another for only 10 minutes.
"At least they didn't just meet though," I voiced my thoughts out loud.
“Yeah. Like Lucy and Bro-Bro-Bro-Brock,” peter laughs imitating the most famous football player of our school. Brock Kenting is your typical, average meat-head. 1.00 GPA, Cheerleader Girlfriend, Obnoxious, Conceded view of himself; all that junk. Anyway, the point is, he loves himself so much he tends to say his name with 4 syllables and a booming voice. Talk about annoying.
“Hahaha, nice Peter, nice,” Helaina chimed in.
“Oh here we are you guys,” I say as we approach Mrs. Tam’s biology class. Luckily we all have the same 3rd, 4th, 6th and 8th period. And I literally mean all 6 of us. Plus, I have at least one of them in *every* class and all are in my lunch period. I still have a feeling that Helaina had something to do with it. We either got really lucky or she manipulated the schedule counselor’s decision to let us all be in the same classes together. I’m betting on the manipulating one.
The 3 of us followed in single file into the classroom. We took our seats and watched when Seth and Ellie made their way into the room only a couple minutes later.
“Hey little miss kissy face,” Helaina taunted as Ellie took her seat across from us.
“Oh Shut up,” Ellie said rolling her eyes but with a joking tone. Helaina just laughed.
“Hey, Where’s my brother?” she asked suddenly looking around at the rest of us.
“I don’t know,” I answer looking around the room with her. Ethan was usually here by now.
*Ding* *Ding*
My thoughts were interrupted by the final bell. I take a quick glance at Helaina to see if she’s still looking. She shrugs and reaches for her pen. Mrs. Tam stands to begin her lecture. I shrug back and get out my notebook. I want to maintain a good grade in this class after all. Mrs. Tam begins to drone on about adaptation physical barriers. I try to focus but just end up writing lyrics inside my notebook. Biology is sometimes hard to concentrate on. There is suddenly a stir in the front of the room. I look up to see the door creaking open slowly and emerging in comes a shiny black head of hair followed by my favorite smile and boy named Ethan. I roll my eyes as he awkwardly stumbles in and gives an innocent grin to Mrs. Tam who is now glaring at him for disturbing her class. I laugh to myself as he slides in to the seat next to me. Shockingly Mrs. Tam restrains from saying anything, shoots a last cruel glance at him , and returns back to her lecture. I turn to look at Ethan.
“Where have you been?” I mouthed.
“I’ll tell you later,” He whispered and added a wink. I laugh and turn my attention back to Mrs. Tam. Or at least I *pretend* to. It’s a little hard though when you’re waiting for the clock to tick by faster than molasses and you’re ready to hear why Ethan was late and why he's so happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lemme know what you think.