Status: Just started

Groms

Good For You

"Seriously?" he asked.
"Yep," I confirmed.
"Wow, that's crazy."
"I know." I had just told him a story about my cousins crazy idea that we could train a deer so he could show us where the rest of the deer are. He not that smart.
We had gone out to dinner at this amazing seafood place by the beach. It was cheap, but not so cheap it was a crappy dinner. The entire time we told each other
funny stories and were laughing the whole time. Nate was so easy to talk to, it was probably the most fun I've had since the accident.
Now we were walking down the boardwalk, licking the ice cream we bought from the stand. I got strawberry, he got mint chocolate chip.
"Ugh, how can you eat that?" I said, disgusted. "I hate mint, it's so nasty."
"Are you kidding, it's awesome. You're crazy." He said.
"Whatever." I replied, elbowing him. In return he nudged me with his shoulder then put his arm around me. After a couple minutes of comfortable silence, Nate stumbled a little, and dropped his ice cream. We looked back to see a little boy about four, and a little girl who I would guess was three. They both looked up at us wide-eyed. Slowly, the little girl reached her arm over to her brother, and yanked a small doll out of his hand. Putting it in the crook of her arm, she smiled triumphant at the boy.
"Oh my, I am so sorry." A elderly lady came rushing us to, apologizing for her grandchildren. "Children, say your sorry."
"Sorry," they said in small cute voices.
I smiled while Nate said, "No problem, it was just an accident."
"I can buy you more ice cream if you want." She offered.
"Nah, I'll just eat hers." He said while reaching over to grab my ice cream.
"Hey! I don't think so." I declared, putting the cone out of his reach.
An old man had come up, presumably the grandpa, and picked up the little girl. He laughed at us and apologized again before walking away.
"Here, take this and go get another cone, I'll be on the bench." I told him, digging a few dollars out of my pocket. He insisted on buy dinner, so I bought the ice cream. Nate ruefully took it and walked back to the ice cream stand. I, on the other hand, perched myself on the bench and licked my strawberry cream. Suddenly, a guy sat precautiously close to me and set his arm behind my shoulders.
"Hey. I'm Jake," he said it like it was the best thing in the world.
I gazed over at him, "Good for you."
However, he didn't understand my dismissive tone and went on, "And you are."
"Ann," I lied.
"Well, Ann, it just so happens that I'm going to dinner, why don't you join me. And then we can, see where the night takes us," he raised his eyebrows at the last part and reached over to grab my cone and lick it. He was obviously suggesting what we could do when we 'see where the night takes us'. What an ass, he must think I'm a slut that will jump at the chance to be with him. Yeah well, he'll see what I jump at when he acts like this.
Slowly, he started to lean in, staring at my lips. "You know, Jake, my answer is going to be," I started while I leaned back as he tilted closer and closer. Right before he was about to talk the plunge, I shoved my ice cream in his face. Strawberry cream went everywhere as her flinched from the sudden hit. "No!" I stated, then walked away to Nate, who stared dumbfounded.
"Hello," I greeted.
"H-hey, who was that?'
"Oh just some idiot man-whore. What do you want to do?" I asked, changing the topic.
"We could go down to the beach." He offered, laughing at my description. I nodded.
So we strolled down to the shore line and laid down, my head in the crook of his arm, his arm around me. After a while, we had to race up shore because the tide had come in. But we were too late and got soaked up to our middle thighs.
"Oh, that's cold," I muttered. A wave came up and splashed out shins again, and I stumbled a bit, but caught myself by throwing my arms around Nate's neck. He put his hands on my hips to steady me.
"Sorry," I said.
"No problem..." He trailed off at the end when he realized how close we were, which was really close. My arms were still around his neck and his on my waist. He decided to take advantage of that and kissed me. Lightly as first, to see how I would react. Therefore, when I reacted eagerly, the kiss became more heated. My hands when to his chest, back, neck, hair. His stayed on my back and my ass. He was a really good kisser, it was like electricity ran through me, from head to toe. He started to lay me down on the sand, but when he did a sharp sea shell poked me in the back.
"Ow ow ow," I cried softly into his lips. Nate got off as I sat up. "Sea shell," I explained.
Both of us breathing heavily, I reluctantly said, "We should probably get back."
Nate nodded, helping me up, and we walked, hand in hand, back to the employ shack.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello! Now, I don't like silent readers, even if you don't like commenting, your opinion matter, especially to me. I want to know how I can make it better so please comment. I can take your criticisms! Thanks for reading.
-July100 <3