Status: Finished

You Lost Me, You Left Me

I Never Thought that I'd Be Living On Your Floor

Things were awkward at the apartment to say the least. Never in a million years did I imagine that I'd be living at John's apartment since I hated him. I didn't help that I was also mad a Jared now. I wasn’t talking to John or Jared. John kept being nice to me to try to get me to forgive him but I just ignored him. Jared wasn’t even trying to be nice. He thought that he was right and I thought he was wrong. We refused to speak to each other or even look at each other.

“Pat, could you please pass me the salt?” I asked one day at dinner. Pat and Garrett had been coming to the apartment a lot lately. I’m sure Kennedy had asked them to since the tension was probably too much for him to bear and he wanted someone to talk to.

“Sure. Hey, Jared can you hand me the salt?” Pat asked Jared since the salt was actually by him.

“Actually Pat I’m using it at the moment.” Jared said even though he hadn’t used it the entire meal. He just didn’t want me to have it.

“Pat please tell Jared the jerk that he is not using the salt therefore he should pass it over to me.” I said.

“Jared, Parker-Blaine said…” Pat started.

“I heard what she said and I am using it so she can suck it.” Jared interrupted Pat as he picked the salt up and began dumping it on his food.

“I hope you use so much that it gives you a heart attack.” I said to Jared.

“No, one is going to use the fucking salt!” Kennedy said as he picked it up and took it into the kitchen. He walked back out and said, “I’m tired of the tense atmosphere in here so I’m going to go get pizza. Pat, Garrett, John, do you guys want to go with me? We can let Jared and Parks stay here and figure out their problems.”

The three other boys immediately stood up and followed Kennedy out the door.

“Way to go Parker-Blaine, kick Kenny and John out of their own apartment.” Jared spat.

“I don’t want to be here! I don’t even know why I’m here anymore. If New York wasn’t so damn cold I’d go back there in a heartbeat.”

“I really wish you would because no one in Tempe wants you here. You’re just a cold-hearted bitch.”

I don’t know what came over me. It must have been the anger. All I know is one second I was standing there yelling at Jared and the next second I had slapped him across the face.

We both stood there in shock for a couple seconds until Jared started laughing.

“Why are you laughing?” I asked

Jared kept laughing but finally answered, “You hit me! I can’t believe you hit me. The old Parks I know would have never hit anyone.”

“I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean to. I just got so angry that I hit you.”

“Don’t apologize. I deserved it. I’m just so proud of you. You’ve learned how to fend for yourself. Used to John and I would always protect you. I guess you can protect yourself now.”

“I kind of had to learn how to fend for myself once I cut John out of my life and moved away.” I said.

“Well I guess that’s the only good thing that came out of you leaving. I am really sorry Parks. I shouldn’t have said those things.”

“I forgive you Jared.” I said as I walked over and hugged him.

“Now you need to just forgive John.”

“Don’t push it Jare.”

The other four guys suddenly came through the door.

“Did you guys kiss and make up?” Kennedy asked.

“We made up but didn’t kiss. That’s just gross.” Jared said.

“Yeah, kissing Jared would be like kissing a brother.” I grimaced.

“You’ve kissed John though.” Garrett said with a smirk.

The atmosphere in the room immediately became awkward.

“So… anyone want to play a game?” Pat asked trying to change the subject.

“What game?” I asked.

Pat shrugged and said, “I don’t know. Some kind of video game?”

“Sure, but only if you don’t mind getting beat by a girl.”

“Bring it on!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit
Sorry it's a short update and a bit of a filler but PB and Jared are good again. So this week is the week before finals meaning that it pretty much sucks. I have tons of things to do plus I promised one of my friends that I'd help her paper-mache a chair (Yeah, I don't really understand it either but I didn't question it. That's why she's the Art major and I'm the Communication major hahaha). Anyway the thing getting me through this busy week is This Century's new cd, Sound of Fire. It is beyond amazing and you should check it out if you haven't already!