Status: Finished

You Lost Me, You Left Me

It's You That's On My Mind

“Parker-Blaine.” Mrs. O’Callaghan gasped and then started crying.

“Oh my gosh. I didn’t mean to make you cry momma O. I’m sorry, I’ll just leave.” I said as I turned around and started down the steps.

“No, it’s ok dear. I’m just being silly. I just haven’t seen you in so long and when I did get to see you it was at your grandmother’s funeral which wasn’t very good circumstances. You know that I think of you as a daughter and I’ve just missed you so much.” John’s mom said as she pulled me into a hug.

“I’m sorry. I guess I should come by more often.” I said as I hugged her back.

“Who was at the door mom? Oh, hey Nick. Hey Parker-Blaine.” Shane said as he came walking into the room.

Ross was close behind Shane. “Hey Nick. Hey Parker-Blaine, long time no see.”

“Hey boys.” I replied to John’s brothers.

“So Parker-Blaine, my favorite part of the Miss America competition was the swimsuit competition. I definitely suggest you walk around in a bikini every day.” Ross smirked.

“I agree.” Shane piped up.

I rolled my eyes and said, “You guys are such perverts. Shane, you’re not even legal and Ross, you barely are.”

“Boys, why don’t you take Nick downstairs and play video games? Parker-Blaine, I’m cooking in the kitchen. Would you like to join me so we can catch up?”

“Of course.” I smiled as Nick excitedly followed Ross and Shane down to the basement to play Halo.

“So how have you been dear ever since your grandmother’s passing?” Mrs. O asked me.

I sighed and said, “Honestly? Not very well. Losing my mother at such a young age was tough but at least I had my grandma even if she was thousands of miles away. Now I feel as if I have no one.”

“You know that you always have me dear. I know that I could never replace your mother or grandmother but I’m here for you. Also know that you are more than welcome to come here anytime even if you and John aren’t on the best of terms at the moment.”

“How did you know that John and I aren’t really getting along?”

Mrs. O smiled at me and said, “I’m a mother, I know things. John also mentioned something about a fight between the two of you. He wouldn’t tell me what it was about but I’m guessing it was his fault. He was very sassy when he told me the story. The only other time he acted like that was back in high school when he wasn’t able to play in a few baseball games. He told me he couldn’t play but he wouldn’t tell me why. It turned out that he had missed two practices because of detentions. It was his fault but he wouldn’t tell me.”

“Well it was his fault but he’s trying to make up for it. I’m just having such a hard time forgiving him.”

“Well John’s my son so I can just imagine what he did. He acts just like his father sometimes and it infuriates me. Honey, forgiveness is one of the hardest things in life but can also be the most rewarding.”

“Thanks for the advice momma O.” I smiled.

Mrs. O’Callaghan and I talked for a little while longer until Nick came back upstairs and said that it was time to head back.

Nick and I had been driving for a little bit when I looked over at him and said, “Thanks for that, Nick. That’s exactly what I needed.”

“No problem. I’m always here for you Parks.”

We sat in a comfortable silent for a few seconds until I broke it by asking, “Nick, do you ever wonder why we’ve never tried dating? I mean we get along really well and I think we could have a good relationship.”

Nick gave me a smile and said, “Parks, as much as I would love to try a relationship with you I can’t. You’re in love with John.”

“I could grow to love you.”

“If you have to grow to love someone then they aren’t the one for you. I love you, but as a friend.”

I sighed and said, “I guess you’re right.”

We pulled up to John’s apartment about that time. I turned to say goodbye to Nick when he suddenly leaned over and kissed me on the lips. He soon deepened the kiss and we stayed like that for a few minutes until he pulled away.

Nick looked at me and asked, “How was that?”

“Umm… kind of awkward.”

“Good. Now will you stop this nonsense of us getting together?”

“Yes. I was just…”

“Trying to find an excuse as to why you shouldn’t be with John?” Nick finished for me.

“No, I was just… ok yeah I guess I was.”

“Well thanks for using me.” Nick joked.

I just rolled my eyes and said, “Thanks for everything today Nick. I love you, in a totally platonic way of course.”

“Anything for you Parks. I love you too.” Nick said as he leaned over and kissed my cheek.
♠ ♠ ♠
So John's mom doesn't hate her...and gave her some advice. Think she'll use it? Also, Nick and Parker-Blaine kissed?! Holy cow lol