Status: Finished

You Lost Me, You Left Me

I'm Far Away but I'll Never Let You Go

I looked in the mirror, finally satisfied with how I looked. I was nervous. I had no clue why though. I mean going on a simple date with John should be easy compared to what we’ve gone through these past 18 months. I guess a part of me was worried that after I left his house John had begun thinking and realized that I wasn’t worth what I had put him through after all and it would just be best if we ended things. Or even worse, he’d decided that we should just go back to being best friends.

“You look absolutely stunning, PB.” John said as he walked in my room. “I missed you.”

I turned around and smiled at him I said, “You just saw me a couple hours ago.”

“Yeah but Megan’s been hogging you all afternoon.” John said as he rolled his eyes.

“I just wanted to give you time to change your mind.”

John suddenly became serious and said, “I will never, ever change my mind about you Parker-Blaine. I swear that I fall in love with you all over again every single time I see you.”

“Keep talking like that Mr. O’Callaghan and you might just get lucky tonight.” I joked.

“Oh, I am confident that I will get lucky tonight.”

I was about to answer back but was interrupted by John’s ringing phone. He looked at the caller id and rolled his eyes.

“Hello…. Yeah she’s right here…. You are so dumb…. Fine.” John said and then handed the phone to me.

I gave him a questioning look and he mouthed, “It’s Nick.”

“Hello Nicholas.” I said into the phone.

“Parker-Blaine! I am so proud of you. You finally forgave John and now you guys are good again. I told you it’d happen.” Nick’s voice exclaimed from the other end.

“How’d you know about John and me? I just forgave him last night.”

“John told me. When a guy gets with a hot girl he is of course going to tell his best friends. Plus John was really excited. He was like a kid in a candy store.”

I started laughing and said, “That’s cute. Well I have to go now Nick.”

“Ok… wait a minute did I call you guys at a bad time?” Nick asked worriedly.

I rolled my eyes and said, “No Nicholas, but we’re getting ready to go out on a date.”

Nick sighed in relief and said, “Good. That would have been extremely awkward if I called you while you guys were naked.”

“Gross. Goodbye Nick.”

“Bye Parks. Love you.”

“Love you too.” I said and then hung up.

John gave me a stern look and said, “I’m not sure how I feel about you telling other guys you love them.”

I laughed at him and said, “It’s just Nick, J.”

“Yeah but you did kiss him the other day.”

My eyes got real wide and I said, “It honestly wasn’t like that J. Just let me explain…”

John started laughing and said, “It’s ok. He already explained the situation. I know that I was mad earlier but now I honestly don’t care because I’m the one that has you.”

“That you do. Now let’s go. I’m starving.”
__________________________________________________________________________________

John and I were just sitting at the table in the restaurant when he looked up and me and asked, “So PB… um… I was just wondering if it would be alright if I called you my girlfriend? I would really like that but I don’t want to rush anything.”

I smiled at him and said, “Of course J. I would love that.”

“Great.” John smiled but then his smile faltered as he looked at me and said, “I have something else to tell you.”

“Ok. Shoot.”

“Well the guys and I just got this amazing opportunity and we’re going on tour in two weeks.”

“What kind of opportunity is it?”

“We’re going overseas again and playing more international shows in Asia, Australia, and Europe.”

“Wow, that’s great J! How long will you guys be gone?” I asked.

“Well that’s the tough part… we’ll be gone for almost three months.”

My heart dropped at this and all I could muster was a quiet, “Oh.”

“You can come with us.” John said hopefully.

“I really want to but I have to stay here and finish school. Plus I still have my job at the clothing store.”

“I figured. But it never hurts to ask.”

“I’ll miss you.”

“I’ll miss you too. We’ll get through this though.”

I smiled at him and said, “Of course we will. Nothing can compare to what we just went through. You’ll go play for your adoring overseas fans and I’ll be waiting here when you get back.”
__________________________________________________________________________________

Those two weeks passed entirely too quickly and I was now standing at the airport with my arms wrapped around John, trying my hardest not to cry.

“Please don’t cry PB. I hate seeing you so sad.” John whispered to me.

“I’m sorry J. I told myself I wouldn’t cry. It’s just tough. We finally got together and now you have to leave for three months.”

“These three months will fly by, I promise. Plus, whenever you get lonely just think about last night.” John smirked.

I blushed at John’s words. I looked over and saw that Megan also had tears running down her face as she was talking to Jared. Suddenly a voice came over the intercom and said it was last call for passengers to board the plane.

“Well I guess I have to go now. I love you PB.” John sighed.

“I love you J. Don’t fall in love with any foreign girls.”

“Don’t worry I won’t. Don’t you fall in love with any rich douche bags from New York.”

I rolled my eyes at John’s reference to Nathan and gave him one last hug. I watched him walk to the terminal until I couldn’t see him any longer.

I walked over to Megan and silently wrapped her in a hug. We stood there in silence until the plane took off. Our hearts were breaking but at least we had each other for these three months.
♠ ♠ ♠
Date Outfit
They are just so darn adorable :) So who thinks that things will stay good and who thinks that something bad will happen?