Status: Finished

You Lost Me, You Left Me

He Can't See the Smile I'm Faking

“So my plane will land in Tempe tomorrow at 3.” His voice said over the phone.

“Ok. I was going to hang out with a couple of my friends tomorrow but I’ll just call them and cancel.” I instantly said.

“Don’t be silly sweetie. I want to meet your friends so I’ll just hang out with you and them.”

“If you’re sure. Well I guess I’ll just see you tomorrow.”

“Yep, see you tomorrow. I love you, Parker-Blaine.”

I sighed as he said the words I hated to hear. “Nathan…”

“I know, I know. Your feelings aren’t that strong yet. I just want you to know how I feel. Bye, dear.”

“Bye.” I said and then quickly hung up.

Nathan Hunt and I had been dating for about 9 months. He was from New York and the president of his father’s publishing company. He had blonde hair, blue eyes, and was pretty much the opposite of John. Nathan was in love with me and told me quite often but I just didn’t feel the same way. I liked him and cared for him but I knew deep down that I was still in love with John. I kept hoping that my feelings for John would disappear and my feelings for Nathan would grow. Nathan was obviously the safer choice.

I finally made it to my apartment and pulled my car into the parking spot. I gathered my bags and walked in the door where I was immediately attacked by my roommate.

“Parks! I missed you so, so much!”

“I missed you too Megs. You just saw me a couple weeks ago though.”

Megan Sparks was my newest friend and roommate. We met a year ago when we were both competing in the Miss Arizona pageant. Most of the other girls were mean and catty but Megan was genuinely sweet and we instantly became friends. She was 2nd runner-up the year I won but entered it again this past year and won, making her the current Miss Arizona. She was actually from Tucson but was also going to Arizona State University like me so we decided to buy an apartment together.

“Yeah, but I got used to seeing you every day and then you had to go win the Miss America pageant and leave me.” She jokingly said.

“I’m sorry for not considering your feelings Megs.” I joked back.

“I forgive you. Now, have you heard from John since being back in Tempe?”

I rolled my eyes as I said, “Why did I ever tell you that story? But, no, I have not heard from John and I don’t know if I want to. I did hear from Nathan though. He’s going to be on a business trip the next couple of days and is staying in Tempe.”

“Oh, a Parker-Blaine love triangle! This will be exciting.”

“Not helping, Megan.”

Megan gave me a sheepish look and said, “So is Nathan staying here?”

“No, he’s staying in a hotel.”

“You still haven’t slept with him, have you?”

“No. Something just doesn’t feel right.”

“Because you’re still in love with John! I mean Nathan is drop-dead sexy and is head over heels in love with you. If you won’t sleep with that then you are obviously in love with someone else and that someone else is John.”

I just sighed and said, “I really don’t want to talk about this. I will talk about tomorrow night though. Jared called and asked me to hang out with the guys tomorrow. Nathan said that he wants to go which means I’ll probably need back-up. Will you go too?”

“Of course! I can’t wait to meet the infamous John. I can’t wait for Nathan to meet him either.” Megan said with a smirk on her face.

“He won’t be there.”

“That’s no fun. I was ready to see some WWE action, Arizona style.”

“Once again, not helping, Megan!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Nathan
I decided to update becasue I alread have 10 stars and that's just after one chapter!!! You guys are awesome :) This chapter is a little fillerish but they go over to Jared, Kennedy, and John's apartment in the next chapter.