Status: Finished

You Lost Me, You Left Me

This is All I Can Take, This is How a Heart Breaks

John’s POV


I stayed in the kitchen until I heard Parker-Blaine and her boyfriend leave. I figured the coast was finally clear so I walked back into the living room.

“Where did Megan go?” I asked the guys.

“She’s actually Parker-Blaine’s roommate so she went home with Parks.” Kennedy said.

“Oh, I thought she was someone’s date or something.” I muttered. Did everything have to involve Parker-Blaine? I was having enough trouble as it was getting her out of my mind.

“Well I think I’m going to head out.” Garrett said as he stood up, the tension in the room because of me was obviously getting to him.

“Yeah, I think I’ll go too.” Pat said quickly joining Garrett.

“Well we’re out beer so I’m going to go get some.” Kennedy said.

I looked up at him and asked, “Will you get me some whiskey? I need some after tonight.”

Kennedy gave me an understanding look and said, “Sure, man.”

I waited the other three were gone and then turned to Jared, “So who’s this Nathan guy?”

“Are you sure you want to hear this?” Jared sighed.

I just shook my head and Jared continued, “Well his name is Nathan Hunt and he’s the president of some publishing company or something like that. So basically he’s super rich and seems nice enough but also seems like a bit of a fake.”

“Her life is so fucking perfect without me.” I muttered.

“No, it’s not man.” Jared disagreed.

“Yeah it is! Think about it… She walks out of my life and then becomes Miss America and finds her Prince Charming. Her life is better without me in it.”

“He’s not her Prince Charming. She doesn’t even love him.”

“How do you know?” I asked Jared.

“Because, I know Parks. Plus, she’s been in love with you for over five years and those types of feelings don’t just go away overnight.”
_______________________________________________________________________________

Parker-Blaine’s POV


Hey can you meet me for lunch today since we didn’t get to hang out much yesterday?Jared

Yeah. I have class until 1:30. Meet at the diner at 1:45? -Parker-Blaine

Sounds great. See you then. –Jared

I walked into the diner after class and sat in a booth while I waited for Jared. He came in a couple minutes later and slid into the seat across from me.

“So, how’s your day been?” Jared asked while trying to make small talk.

“Fine. How’s yours?”

“Ok. John’s really messed up after seeing you and Nathan last night.”

“Well it’s not my fault that he decided to come back early and no one warned me.” I snapped.

“I didn’t realize that you were bringing you boyfriend over. The boyfriend that no one knew about, might I add.” Jared snapped back.

“Jared, I didn’t come here to fight with you.” I sighed. I was honestly exhausted. I barely got any sleep last night. Every time I closed my eyes I only saw the hurt look on John’s face when he met Nathan.

“You’re right. I’m sorry Parks. I just hate seeing my two best friends in this much pain. On a different note, how are things between you and Nathan?”

“I don’t know. He wants me to move back to New York and move in with him.”

Jared gave me a surprised look as he asked, “Are you going to?”

“I don’t know. I don’t want to move across the country for…”

“Someone you don’t love?” Jared finished for me.

“Yeah.”

We sat in silence until Jared said, “John thinks that your life is better without him in it.”

I laughed bitterly as I said, “I must be a great actress then because my life without him sucks.”

“Then just fucking talk to him!”

“He hurt me Jare.”

“You hurt him too, Parks.”

“Then maybe it would just be better if we forgot about each other. If I talk to him we’ll probably just end up hurting each other again.” I said.

“That’s a bullshit excuse. You’re scared.”

“Of course I am Jared! He broke my heart. What if we just aren’t meant for each other?”

Jared looked at me for a couple seconds before saying, “You’ll never know until you try.”

“I hate it when you’re right.” I muttered.

“Then you must hate me a lot because I’m always right.” Jared smirked.

I just rolled my eyes and the two of us began eating our food which had just arrived.

We ate in silence for a couple of minutes until Jared said, “So Megan seems really nice.”

“Yeah she is.” I said and then noticed Jared blushing. “Oh my gosh Jared! You like her!”

“What? No… no, I just, well I mean she is pretty but…” Jared started mumbling.

“Go for it. The two of you would be so cute together.”

“Why would a beauty queen like someone like me?”

“Excuse me but I’m a beauty queen also and I hang out with you guys.” I said.

“Yeah but you hung out with us before you were a beauty queen.” Jared argued.

“Well I think you should go for it. Her last boyfriend was a huge jerk and cheated on her after she won Miss Arizona. I know you’d treat her right.”

“How could someone cheat on her?!”

“I don’t know, but he did. So go for it!”

Jared smirked at me and said, “I’ll make you a deal. I’ll ask her out after you talk to John.”

“How does whether you talk to her or not bother me?” I asked.

“Well you should be worried about the happiness of your friends.”

I sighed because I knew he was right and just said, “I hate you Monaco.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys don't feel as if the story is moving slowly or anything. I just feel as if what happened between PB and J is a pretty big deal and I don't want to downplay it. Thanks to everyone who's commented and subscribed! Sorry I didn't get to personally thank the people who commented last time but I really wanted to get this update out and I'm getting ready to go to a drag show, which should be interesting :/ lol