Status: Active:)

Don't Forget To Remember Me

Prologue

Dear Sierra,

I've got great news, I got drafted to Chicago! One of the greatest teams in the NHL! Boy, am I excited. After going to North Dakota, I know I can do this. I'm going to make history here, I know it. Watch, I'll get a Stanley Cup like how I said I always would. When that happens, I'll sure send you down here and you'll celebrate it with us. When the Olympics come to Canada in 2010, I'll sure be there, too. It'll just be like old times when we used to hold our own Olympics in our back yard. I'd get gold medals for hockey and you'd get gold medals for horse back riding. I have to cut this short because I have a plane coming soon to take us to Chicago, but I just wanted to tell you the great news.
Don't forget to remember me,

Jonathan.


I held onto all of the letters that Jonathan had sent me. That was the last letter that he had sent me. I hadn't gone to the Olympics with him like he said I would and I wasn't there when he won the Stanley Cup. Sure, we haven't talked in a long time, but I was going to go to Chicago to be with him. I missed him and I haven't seen him since I moved to Eganville, Ontario with my mom, brother, step-dad and my two step-sisters. I loved life here in Eganville, but I love Jonathan more. I went to medical school so I was going to be an intern at one of the hospitals in Chicago. It wasn't my dream, but it's what's best.

I loaded everything in my red Chevy truck and sighed. I was leaving my small village for good. My family was watching every move of mine. My mom kept on talking and talking trying to put off goodbye. Once I finished everything, I hugged everyone of them. I was going to miss them like crazy. I sat in the driver seat of my truck and started the engine. My mom knocked on the window and I rolled it down. We both had tears streaming down our cheeks, "Before you hit the highway, you better stop for gas." she managed to say, "I put $50 in the ashtray in case you get short on gas. There's a map and a bible if you ever lose your way."

"Thanks, Mom." I hugged her from through the window.

"Just one more thing before you leave." She said while she wiped her eyes.

"What is it, Mom?" I asked. More tears were sliding down my cheeks. I was pretty much balling now.

"Don't forget to remember me." She laughed while wiping her eyes again. I laughed too, and hugged her. Jonathan and I would always say that in our letters, so my mom thought it was cool to make fun of us for that, "Have a safe trip there. Remember to call me when you get there, honey."

"I won't forget. I love you, Mom."

After 5 more minutes of crying and saying goodbye to everyone again, I finally backed away from the driveway and started driving down the empty road. This was finally it. I was going to be living on my own in a different city and a different country. A place where I will only know one person, if he even remembered me. "I hope you didn't forget to remember me, Jonathan." I whispered as I turned onto the Trans-Canada Highway.
♠ ♠ ♠
The song 'Don't Forget to Remember Me' by Carrie Underwood gave me inspiration to write this story. I don't know if I like this or not. Should I keep writing this? Comments? (: