Before I Leave

"I am so nervous for jazz tryouts," I heard my best friend Emma telling Kate. They were talking about the tryouts next week for jazz chior. I had told Emma i would try out with her, but it made my stomach do an uneasy flop just thinking about it. I didnt mind singing in front of our chior director, but having to sing in front of the whole school? That did not sound fun to me. I was looking down at my ipod scrolling my thumb up and down the screen trying to find a song to play. I glanced up when we stopped at the stop sign, looking at a old blue van on the other side of the road. I felt the car jerk forward as we began across the four lane road and i looked down again texting my friend back.
"Emma!" Kate's high pitched scream echoed in my ears as i looked up just in time to see the gaint semi coming right at us. I saw the big red front coming right at my door. I felt the impact as it hit and we began flipping. I closed my eyes tight as i felt the fear and pain pump through my veins. Over and over we flipped. It seemed like it would never end. Finally we came to a stop. I opened my eyes and saw glass glittering on the road, and red everywhere. The taste of blood flooded my mouth and a copper smell filled the air. The radio was still playing Taylor Swift when the sirens started. The flash of the lights was the last thing i saw before everything went dark.