Before I Leave

Stay Strong

By the time we got to the game it was already into the firstt quarter. Kate, Emma and I all sat down in the stands watching as the guys lined up for the next play. We talked and laughed and it was the same as any night we had ever spent together. It was perfect. Okay, yeah, it was cold, and I was hungry, but we were all together. We were all happy and, for me, that was enough. It seemed like the game flew by, because in what seemed like minutes the buzzer ending the forth quarter sounded. We heard the roar of victory from the football team as they went out to shake hands. I walked over to the feild house to help clean everything up. I was football manager, but this was my week off so i didnt have to work the game. I started pouring the water bottles out and looked up when I heard a familiar voice. I lifted my eyes only to see Corey walking with Macy. I looked back down right when Corey looked over at me, shoving the water bottles into the container and walking into the trainer room. I started cleaning in there, and i few minutes later i heard the door swing open.
"Hey," Corey's voice called from behind me. I continued picking up sweaty towels from the ground when I answered.
"What?" I tossed three red towels into the dirty bin.
"Just wanted to say hi." He said. I could here him coming closer.
"Hi." I said simply, now starting to spray the disinfectant on the tables and chairs.
"Why dont you text me anymore?" He asked. I turned around only to see the smirk on his face. He knew exactly why, and it wasnt because of me.
"I dont want to." I said, knowing that he knew i was lying.
"Oh.." He said. I finished wiping the tables then turned around.
"Do you need something Corey?" I asked, my voice had an edge to it now, and I kept my eyes closed a second longer trying to compose myself, but when i opened them it was no use. I saw him standing there, his white tshirt see through because of all the sweat from the game. His brown eyes studied me carefully. His hair was still wet, and little drops of sweat dripped off the end. His tan skin was still shiney. I glanced away.
"I just wanted to talk." He said acting like nothing was wrong at all. If only he knew how wrong he was. He started walking towards me again, but i grabbed my jacket and slid my arms into the too long sleeves.
"I have to go." I said walking past him.
"Let me give you a ride." He said grabbing my arm. I stood still for a second and closed my eyes before answering.
"No."
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think! And I tried to capitalize all my I's this time:)