Before I Leave

Ahead

Corey's voice echoed in my head as I went to stand by the road and figure out a way home. I dont know why he had to keep acting like I was even remotely important to him. I took in a deep breath of the cold air, and felt my skin break out in goosebumbs. It was so cold. I pulled my jacket closer around me as I started down the road. I didnt have a ride home, but I didnt want to call anyone and ask. Emma rode home with her boyfriend and Kate road home with her brother, and my parents werent ever home. I looked down the road thinking how it would be such a pretty picture. It was dark now, so the street lights were on, and the wind was blowing leaves up in the air and twirling them around. But my favorite part of this scene was the stop sign. A long time ago someone wrote dont above stop and love under it. So now it said "Dont Stop Loving." It was such a pretty scene that I just stopped and stood there looking at everything. I turned when I heard a truck coming down the road. I regonized it immediatly, Corey. He pulled up next to me and drove along with my walking pace.
"Will you please just let me give you a ride, Anna?" He said and I could see his head turn and look at me out of the corner of my eye. But I kept looking ahead.
"Im fine." I said trying so hard not to look at him. I knew as soon as I did it would be over.
"Anna." Corey's voice said my name like he had done so many times before. Sometimes in anger, sometimes in love. I stopped walking and turned and looked at him. He was leaning towards me, with one hand on the wheel. His eyes watching me, knowing me all too well. I opened his door and climbed in. The smell was familar. A mix between sweat, air freshener and the honey buns he was always eating. He smiled at me and started driving.
"Theres this party im gonna go to tonight, come with me." He said glancing from the road to me. I kept my eyes looking out the window. I caught a glimpse of myself in the side mirror. My long blonde hair was tangled from the wind, and my blue eyes were outlined with the eyeliner that was smugded around them. I decided I didnt have anything better to do, and its not like I ever missed out on a party.
"Okay, but can you take me by my house so I can change?" I asked him. He looked at my jeans and t-shirt then smiled.
"Yeah, thats cool." We drove along in silence. My eyes looking out the window and his eyes on the road. When we finally got to my house it was all dark. I sighed and opened my car door. I didnt know what the night had ahead.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please