Status: I'm actually going to try with this story! I promise!

Music's My Religion

Can't Escape The Monsters In My Head

“I’m pregnant”

Jayy’s eyes slowly grew wider as he took in what I’d just said. He sat like a statue in the plastic chair, his body tensed. If my heart hadn’t decided to relocate to my ears and beat as hard as possible, the room would have been silent.

His reserve slowly crept into my head and before I knew it, tears were spilling out of my eyes. A shuddering sob racked my body and caused my head to fall into my hands. I gasped feeling like I wasn’t getting enough air. The room seemed to melt away and I lost control of my mind.

I could just picture the disgusted, horrified look Jayy was undoubtedly wearing. He didn’t want me or this baby. I shouldn’t have told him. I should have saved myself from this embarrassment, from this pain. I couldn’t deny it. His impending rejection hurt more than it should.

“Heidi! Heidi, don’t cry! It’s okay! We’ll be okay, alright?!” I was shocked to feel Jayy’s arms wrap around my waist and pull me onto his lap. He held me close to him, gently stroking my hair. Whispered reassurances made their way through my chaotic thoughts and managed to be heard.

I just didn’t know if I could believe them.

He wasn’t running away like I was so sure he would. He was comforting me. Telling me we’d be okay. He really said ’we’. Did he mean it like I desperately hoped he did? Had he meant to imply that he’d at least help me. Maybe even that he’d be in this little child’s life?

These inspiriting thoughts allowed me to calm down, if only a little. I soon looked up at Jayy with puffy blue eyes. “Y-you said ‘we’” I murmured. He hugged my body even closer to his. “Of course, Heidi. I’d never leave you to deal with something like this on your own. He or she’s my responsibility too.” His quiet words brought another wave of fresh tears.

This time, of joy.

We were going to raise this baby together. My worries had been premature and unnecessary. All I could think about as I curled against Jayy’s slender body was that maybe, just maybe, I was extremely happy little junior had reunited us.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short and crappy, I know. At least it's something...? I'm so sorry I haven't updated in like... two, three months? I'm so sorry! Now school's out updates will probably (hopefully)

Now about my plan for this story. There will probably be only a couple of chapters. I'm afraid that if I make it too long, the story will become boring and uneventful. I'll estimate around... ten chapters? Then I may consider a sequel or spin-off. I know you'll hate me for the end of this (that I just recently decided on). I mean, you'll really hate me. Just promise not to hurt me and I'll continue writing, okay?

Title Credit: Dark Dreams by Blood on the Dance Floor (obviously)

ps ~ Question of the day: What does everyone think of All the Rage?! I certainly wasn't disappointed!