Status: active

Broken Pieces

nine.

The Wings had great playoff rounds, ending back up in the Stanley Cup finals against the Penguins. I was excited, I would love to see Jon win another Stanley Cup and also for Luc to be around for this one.

The Wings has home ice advantage, so the day before Game One, the Penguins were in town. Which also happened to be the one year anniversary since Luc passed away. I already couldn’t wait for Kris to meet Little Luc and this was a good time, maybe it could help a little.

I still had my hard days with losing Luc but I knew it was even harder for Kris.

I got Luc ready for the day, Jon was already at the arena. Kris and I still talked every so often, so we decided to meet in a certain place so not many people would know or seen us. As much as I loved Jon’s fans, this was something we didn’t need a lot of focus on.

“He’s beautiful.” Kris said holding little Luc. “Congratulations to you and Jon, again.”
“Thank you.” I said. “Thank you for his gift. We love it.”
“You are so welcome. I knew Luc would have done it.” He said.
“Once we get photos done in it, we will send you one.” I told him.

We spend a while together, talking about memories with Luc. My little Luc already had Kris around his little fingers. During times like these, it doesn’t matter where you play, we are a hockey family and we are there for each other when needed.

Kris had to get back to his team, we said our goodbyes. I was getting Luc back into his carseat when I heard.
“He’s beautiful.” I turned around to see Sidney.
“Thank you.” I said. I wasn’t going to fight with him, I would be as civil as possible. It wouldn’t be worth it anymore.
“Motherhood looks good on you.” He said. “Congratulations to you and Jon.”
“Thank you, Sidney.” I began. “We must be going now. See you around.”
“Brooke, please.” He started. “We used to be best friends.”
“That was a very long time ago, things have changed. We have different lives now.” I said.
“I hope you know that I really am sorry for what I said and did.” He said.
“I know. I’m over it all, I have my life with Jon and we have our family. You are my past.” I began. “I won’t forget our good times, but this is my new life and I am so happy. I know it might hurt to hear that, but I should be able to be happy.”
“I understand. I messed up. I am glad you are happy.” He said.
“Thank you. Take care Sidney.” I said.

I walked away from my past, carrying my future in my hands. I didn’t feel mad or upset. I was happy, Jonathan Ericsson has made me the happiest girl in the world when I never though that would happen. He was the one who took the chance and put the broken pieces back together. Now we have our little boy that we get to watch grow up and become whoever he wants to. I couldn’t wait for that.

The Stanley Cup finals did not end the way we wanted. The Penguins took the cup. I did congratulate Kris, because I was happy that he was able to win for Luc. That was his best friend and the best way to honour him.

I was sad for Jonathan, I wanted him to win. He worked so hard for it. I knew his time would come again.

A few days later, he was cleaning out his locker at the arena and text me to meet him there with Luc. I didn’t think anything more of it, just though he needed some help. I got there, Brittany was there too, I though just helping Val as well. She picked up Luc and was playing with him while Jon came out and took me to the bench.

“Brooke, you have made the happiest man. You have become my number one. You have given me the greatest gift I could ever have in Luc. When I come home from a good or bad game, I just can’t wait to see my beautiful family.” He began, tears started forming in my eyes. He got down on knee. “Will you spend the rest of your life with me, Brooke Fraser?”

“Yes, Jonathan Ericsson. I would love too.” I said. I couldn’t stop crying as he placed the ring on my finger. “I love you.”
“I love you.” He said.

I could not wait to spend the rest of my life with this man. He was my everything. Because of him, I have the greatest gift in Luc and someday down the road, we would have more children. I couldn’t wait for those days.

This man was able to take a girl who never though she would believe in love again and make her the happiest girl on the plant.
♠ ♠ ♠
thank you to everyone who has taken the time out to read this :)
xoxo.