Status: Finished, thanks for reading! Be sure to comment ;)

Conquerors

Conquer

Harper stared at Orson.

“Run away? You’ve got to be kidding… It’s a Friday! There is a game tonight, parties tomorrow… I can’t run away. People would know,” Harper said, staring as he went from standing in front of her to sitting beside her.

“Yeah, but Harper, you aren’t happy. Isn’t life about being happy? Isn’t it about living and not caring and just being?” Orson replied.

Harper stared at him for a few moments.
“Why do you want to help me?” she asked.
Orson shrugged.

“You seem like you need helping – “ he started, but Harper interrupted him.

“Everyone needs helping, Orson. And you don’t really seem like the helping type.”

“See, that’s just like you, to completely disregard that I might be an awesome individual because I don’t ‘seem’ like anything I really am. I don’t seem like the type of guy that loves animals, but I volunteer at an animal shelter. I don’t seem like the type of guy who actually respects women, but I am. I don’t seem to care, but I do. We all seem like things, Harper. You seem misunderstood, just… Let me help you,” Orson said, taking her hand for the second time.

“I can’t just run away from my family, Orson,” she said.

“Sure you can. Just trust me on this, sometimes giving up is the easiest thing to do,” he replied, standing up, inadvertently pulling her with him.

“Okay, I… I guess I can do that. But I’m going to tell Poppy, so my parents will eventually find out and know to look for me,” she said, somewhat jokingly.

“Harper, I’m not a serial killer, relax,” Orson said, pulling her towards his truck.

“I think we’d better take my car,” Harper said, stopping in her tracks at the sight of his unreliable pick-up truck.

“I think you’re right.”

She led them over to her Malibu and unlocked it, getting in the driver’s side.

“So where are we going, Orson?” she asked, starting the car.
Orson shrugged.

“It doesn’t matter to me, this is your adventure,” he said.

Harper bit her lip, driving along until they came to an express way.
“Ever been to Chicago, Orson?” she asked.

“I was born there,” he said, smiling.

“Great, you’ll know where to go and stuff,” she said, exiting onto the freeway, east towards Chicago.

They drove for just over ten hours, taking turns. Harper was surprised to find that Orson played classical piano and violin, and Orson was stunned that Harper like A Day To Remember and Pierce The Veil.

“We’re more alike than you think, Harp,” Orson said as they drove through downtown Chicago, going slowly so they could admire the sky scrapers. They came to a stop light, and Harper looked at Orson thoughtfully.

“Yeah, well, don’t judge a person by what they wear, and what they drive, and where they lived, and who they associate with, and wh-“

“Shut up,” Orson said, leaning in and kissing her softly. They heard the honking around them, but they didn’t care. Harper Fulton and Orson Digroy were going to take on Chicago, then the world. But first, they conquered love.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading, be sure to comment!