Have No Fear

Chapter 2

After I had waken up from my nap I felt a lot better again as I wasn't as tired anymore as earlier. I stayed in my bunk for a bit longer not wanting to lose the relaxing feeling, I felt myself slip away again when I heard my phone rang. I groaned not wanting to join the real world just yet, as I checked the new message I had received.

'Sound check in 30, so get your pretty butt here. x P.' Even though I didn't want to leave my bunk yet I knew that I had to get up and ready. I started thinking about our first show tonight, I was really getting excited for it as we had never played in front of such a big crowd before. But that was also making me nervous, what if the crowd didn't like us or what if I froze on stage?

I pushed the thoughts away knowing that when our set would start all the nervousness would wash away, it always did.

When I finally finished getting ready I made my way to the venue. Hurrying because I was almost late. 'Where to go.' I looked around at all the directions I could take, this wasn't what I was used too and I had no idea which way I had to go. I stood there puzzled for a minute until I saw a familiar face walking my way.

"Aren't you the singer from Waking?" He asked me. "You have sound check in 5 minutes."

I checked my watch, he was right the sound check was already in 5 and I had no idea how to get there. "I know but I got lost. Do you know where the stage is?" Johnny started laughing.

"First time performing in a big venue, huh?" I felt my cheeks getting red. "I used to have the same problem when we first started out. I always had to leave way early so that I could arrive on time. But no worries you will learn pretty soon, most of the venues are the same." He told me while leading me through a door where stage was with the rest of my band waiting.

I thanked Johnny before walking up to my band members, we quickly went through the set as we were the last ones to do the sound check and the doors would soon open for the fans. After the sound check we all went for a quick bite because it was already 6 and we were taking the stage at 7.

Someone of the venue had ordered pizza for us but I wasn't really hungry so I just nibbled on my pieces. Pete, always the attentive one, noticed me not eating. "Come on you have to eat something. You barely ate anything today."

"I'm just really nervous." I tried to explain but still took a few big bites to make Pete happy. As soon as I swallowed them I threw my pieces away as I felt like I was going to puke.

"Waking you have to go to the stage." An employee of the venue walked with us to the stage where the other two bands were standing waiting for us to take the stage.

They wished us good luck but I wasn't listening. I was sitting on the side on my knees with my head between my legs. I wasn't feeling well, I felt like I was going to throw up and having a panic attack at the same time. My own band was used to me acting this way and just went one with their business but the other two bands were staring and talking about me. I didn't hear them I was to busy trying to calm myself.

"Is she alright." Zacky asked his band member Brian. "I don't know she looks like she's going to be sick. Larry had said that this band was really great on stage but I'm starting to doubt his judgment." The band members exchanged worried looks as they started to turn around to ask my band members what was going on.

Before the could a crew member walked by. "Waking you're on."

I slowly stood up and took a deep breathe. 'Okay this is it.' I thought to myself. I straightened my shoulders and tilted up my head before I made my way to where my band was standing. I was still shaking a little on my feet but with every step I got more confident and walked more straighter. Once I reached my band I completely transformed from a nervous little girl to a confidant performer.

"That was amazing." I walked of stage, my body filled with adrenaline. we had played for an half hour and we were all sweaty but full off energy from performing. The show had been great, the crowd had started out slow but in the end they really had gotten into it.

"You guys were great." Adam said while we walked to where he was standing. He gave us some water bottles and I downed mine before thanking him.

The guys from Avenged walked towards us. "Wow Kate, I didn't think you had it in you." Johnny said still a little shocked. I grinned, I loved to surprise people in this way. I was normally really shy, I barely talked to stranger and I kept really to myself but once I'm on stage I completely change, I would run and jump around, screaming my lungs out. No one ever expected that from me.

"Yeah, I thought you were gonna get sick before the show." Zack added.

"I always get super nervous before going on" I told him, before Elliott added "But once she's on stage she is a completely different person." We talked some more about our set while Three days grace made their final preparations before they started their set.

I always loved their music so I couldn't wait to watch their set. I watch them backstage, I was singing along their music with my friends. Their set ended far too soon and I already couldn't wait for their show tomorrow.

Not long after they finished, the crew started to get the stage ready for Avenged. The crowd was now really going crazy, their vibe made me enthusiastic for their performance. We wished them luck as they walked on stage. The fans got even more crazy as they started to scream even louder. I was really curious to their performance, I knew a few songs of them and I had liked them but I never really followed them like Brad.

Matt started to sing the first lyrics and I was a instant fan, not only did the songs sounded really great but also the way the band performed them. I loved the way they performed with an attitude, to be honest it was really hot. Especially the guitar players, in bands I always liked guitar players the most and this time it was no different. I thought they were both hot but when Synyster started his solo I made up my mind.

After the amazing set of Avenged we went back to dressing room to shower and get changed because there was a big 'start of the tour' party tonight. After my long shower I got dressed in the change of clothes that I had brought from the bus. I just pulled up my skirt when there was a knock on the door. "One minute." I threw the shirt over my head and opened the door. Pete standing there with a tube of wax in his hands. "Hey sweetie, can you do my hair."

"Sure, come in." He sat down and I started on his hair. I wasn't really great with hair but these times were great for our moments alone. From the band members I had known Pete the longest, we had grown up living next to each other and we even were boy and girlfriend for a while, but that was when we were four so it didn't really counted.

"So, are you having the hots for a certain guitar player." He asked with a smile while he looked at me through the mirror.

I looked away as I felt my cheeks redden. "I have no idea what you are talking about" I denied to him even though my face had already betrayed me.

"Oh shut up, I saw how you were looking at him during the show. Especially during that solo, for a moment there I though you were gonna come." I blushed knowing he was right, well at least about the first part.

"Don't blush. He's hot, I would certainly do him." I laughed at him. Not many people knew that Pete was gay, he was out of the closet to his friends and family but he didn't tell everyone about it. Especially the fans, he didn't want to be know as the gay kid from that one band.

"Oh shut up, you take him. He may be hot but he is also married." I said to him trying to get him off my case. "So you think he's hot." he laughed at me happy he got me to admit I thought Brian was hot. I just ignored him. I finished his hair and I went to work on my own hair and make up.

We made our way to the buses were the party would be. The party was already in full swing and I grabbed my own beer before joining my friends. The other two bands were already at the party with the crew from the bands and some personnel from the venue, all in all there were quit some people.

It didn't take long for me to get drunk due to my low tolerance and the many shots that were around. I could never stay away from alcohol and I joined the others in all the drinking games. Even though I arrived later I was now just as drunk as the others due to my habit of stealing shots.

After all the shots were finished I grabbed another beer before standing against one of the buses. just enjoying the buzz of the alcohol while looking at everyone partying and making a fool out of themselves. I grabbed my smokes from my pocket and when I looked up I felt a smile come to my face. A familiar figure was walking toward me, I lighted my smoke while waiting for him to come near. From the way he was walking you could tell that he also was drunk.

When he finally got here he leaned against the bus beside me while he also light up a smoke. "Great show." He complimented. "Thanks, you too." I answered him back while keeping my eyes on the party. The alcohol had given me more confidence and before I could think I opened my mouth. "You really know to work the girls, half of them were fainting while the other got all hot and heavy." I said while I looked at him flirtatious.

He turned to face me. "Oh really and to which half do you belong?" He said with a smirk.

For a minute I doubted as to what to say, the alcohol took over and a small smile formed on my face. "Well I'm not fainting am I?" I said with a suggestive look.

He took a step closer to me so that our bodies were almost touching. I felt the tension between us as we just looked at each other. Our faces got closer and our lips almost touched before he turned his face in the direction of his band members.

"Let's get out of here."
♠ ♠ ♠
Second chapter hope you will like it. xx