Have No Fear

Chapter 6

I was still sleeping when my phone rang. I groaned not wanting to wake up yet, I tried to ignore the sound while I kept my eyes closed hoping I could continue sleeping but my phone kept ringing. I finally gave up and grabbed my cell, not even looking at the caller ID. "What?" I answered with a sleepy and annoyed voice.

"Grumpy much?" I heard Matt’s voice say through the speaker. I just let out another groan. "That’s sounds like a yes, but get your butt up you have to come to our bus, it's Brian." I shot up at his last words. "What's wrong with Brian?" I got no answer as Matt just told me I had to get over too there bus and soon before he hung up. For a minute I contemplating not going and to just sleep some more, but I also wanted to know what was going on with Brian. I decided to just go and I got out of my bunk, I pulled on some clothes and quickly brushed my teeth before making my way over to their bus.

When I arrived at their bus, four of the members of Avenged where sitting in the front room watching some show on the television. When I walked on the bus they turned it off. "What's going on, Where's Brian." I asked them, wondering what's going on.

"Brian's sick. fever and puking and shit." Matt answered my question. I just looked at him blankly. "So... what do I got to do with that?" I really didn’t understand why they had called me, it wasn’t as if I was good with sick people, I normally just avoided them. "Well you're a girl and all, so your good with that stuff." Matt answered my question.

For a moment I was shocked by what came out of his mouth before anger came in."What!" The guys looked a little shocked seemingly not expecting me to get angry. They probably thought I would turn in some girly girl, making soup and dapping his forehead. I wanted to yell at them some more for being a bunch of assholes but before I could they made their way to the door. "We got an interview, so have fun we'll be back in a few hours." Before I knew it they were out of the door and I was left to care for the sick.

I sighed not knowing what to do, I couldn’t just leave him her alone so I just decided to check up on him. I made my way to the bunk area and there he was laying in the middle one, he was pale and a thin layer of sweat lay on his skin, he really looked sick. He had heard me come in because he opened his eyes and let out a small, hey.

I stayed in the door way, awkwardly. "Can I get you anything?" I offered. He just shook his head, too tired to speak. I walked to the bathroom too grab a bin in case he had to vomit and a wet towel for his face. I sat down next to him and put the towel on his forehead. "Did you already take some meds?"

"Yeah I took some paracetamol." He said softly. "Well just try to sleep. I'll be here when you need me." I said and I walked to the bunk across from him. There were some comics lying around and I decided to read those to kill the time. I normally wasn't the caring person, I rather left that job to someone else but there were rare moments when there wasn’t anyone else that could take that role that I got all motherly.

I looked over at the bunk across me to see Brian asleep. It was really different seeing him like this normally he would always have such an energy, running and joking around. Now he just looked like a sick puppy. He was shaken from the fever and I got up from my bunk to adjust his blanket so that it covered him, I sat down on the edge of his bunk, my hand grabbed the wet towel and I softly wiped his head.

An hour or so later I woke up in one of the bunks. I look around for the noise that had woken me, there I saw Brian vomiting. I got out of the bunk to check on him, although I placed a bin next to his bunk he still puked inside the bunk and also over himself. He groaned, not feeling well but also feeling embarrassed, the bunk was a mess and he just laid there looking miserable.

"Come on, you have to shower." I said while helping him out of the bunk. He didn't protest and we slowly walked in to the small bathroom. "Can you do it yourself?" He nodded and I let him go but as soon as I did, he fell against me. "Okay never mind I'll help."

I got his shirt and pants off leaving his boxers on. Although I've seen all of him already I could understand that, that could make him feel more embarrassed. I had already turned on the shower and I helped him get in. I had to help him stand up because he was too weak to stand on his own. Because of this I was also getting wet but I didn't really care, I would just steal some dry clothes from someone later on.

After all the dirt was of him I helped him out of the shower again, I sat him down on the toilet and threw a towel over his shoulder. I left him so that I could grab him some clean clothes. When I got back he had already dried himself and I helped him get dressed. I let him to the back room because the bunks were really smelling.

After he was laying down again with a pillow and blanket from Matt's bunk I went and cleaned up the bunk, I took out the sheets and his clothes and put them in a garbage bag, I left it just outside the bus for the rest of the band. They could clean them when they got back. After everything was clean up again I went back to the back room, where Brian was sitting up a little.

"Can I do anything for you." I asked while walking in to the room. "No thanks, you already did too much." His voice groggily, he gave up on sitting and just laid down again. "Are you sure maybe some food." I suggested, knowing that he hadn’t had any food in his stomach.

"I'll make some later." He answered me, but I knew that he was too weak to do anything. "You can't even stand, I'll make you something." He tried to protest but I just walked away to the kitchen. I looked around in the cabinets for something edible but there was not a lot there, except junk food. Eventually I found some chicken soup in the back of one of the cabinets.

Although he was still weak, he was a little bit stronger and energetic after the soup. I stayed with him until his band came back, this was four hours later. As revenge of just leaving me there, I had ordered Matt to wash the dirty sheets and clothes of Brian.

The band was really scared when they first came on the bus, they had expected me to be angry for just leaving me but I wasn’t. At first I may have been pissed off but the end wasn’t that bad, for the first time, me and Brian had just spend some time together without any pretensions. We had talked and laughed a lot, and for the first time I didn’t see him as a real life sex- toy.