Forever Praying

Prologue

The young woman stared up at the moon and the stars, watching how the sea reflected them perfectly. Everything was so calm, there was no wind and no sound to interrupt the serenity of this evening. A small wave crashed into a rock, disrupting the quiet.

Candide sighed softly, placing both hands on the stone balcony wall, a small smile playing on her lips. She couldn’t believe how lucky she was, how he had picked her among the hundreds of other girls there was. Other girls had been better. Smarter, more beautiful... but she wasn't going to complain; he had picked her, and that was good enough.

Suddenly, she felt arms snake around her waist and a chin placed itself gently on her shoulder. The man behind her didn’t say a word, giving Candide time to gather her mind about what she wanted to say. They stood silently, neither wanting to break the peace that was surrounding the night. She leaned her head back slightly, so that it touched Caspian's chest comfortably.

“I love you. You know that, right?” She questioned biting her lower lip as she did.

“I do. But I adore it when you say it, beautiful.” Candide shivered, her eyes closing for a moment so that the only thing she sensed was Caspian’s warm body around her and the cool night air against her pale cheek. Candide felt his hair tickle the side of her face, and how his lips were softly kissing her bare shoulder blades. A gust of wind passed through them, causing her dress and hair to move about in the wind, before coming to a rest at her sides.

“Why did you pick me?” The young woman asked gently. She heard Caspian sigh as she turned around in his grasp, ending up only some inches from his lovely face, as small smile placed upon it.

“Because, you’re the most amazing woman I’ve ever met. You’re gorgeous, smart, a brace, and kind. You’re everything a woman should be and more. I love you. Whatever you do Candide,I love you. Don’t ever forget that.”

Caspian then raked her stray hairs behind her ear with his fingers, whilst keeping his gazed fixated on her. Then, his lips were on hers; kissing her passionately yet handling her with grace. He placed his large hand upon her cheek, the other upon her waist, careful not to let her fall from his embrace.

“Please don’t go tomorrow,” she whispered, managing a sigh along to go along with her words. Caspian's lips left hers and moved to the crook of her neck, leaving small, feverish kisses upon it. “Don’t leave me here alone. What if you don’t come back?” At this point, worry was clearly written across Candide’s face and Caspian lifted his head up, placing his forehead to hers so they were barely an inch apart.

“I have to go, love. Because if I don’t, you’ll have to be a servant to those awful people, and be forced to do whatever else they think of to harm you. And of course I’ll come back, what other way would I have it than with you by my side?”

He slowly trailed his thumb across her cheek, removing a tear and a whimper from her soft lips. He then kissed her softly with the audience of the moon and stars.
♠ ♠ ♠
<333
Hope you guys liked it. (:
Probably going to end up in a full-fledged story. This is more of a prologue thing. :)
Beta by the wonderful Overkill