I Was Breathless by the Look in Your Eye

Business in the Front, Party in the Back

My sister left for LA a few days ago and even though she would hate me for it, I've been staying with Pat while she's away. I mean, who wants to be alone? It's working out great, we've been going on a few dates and while he goes to practice in the mornings, I go to school and then we meet up afterward. I've been slowly but surely talking to my sister, making sure to avoid her questions about Pat and I. And today was no different except, Patrick insisted that when my sister gets home that her and Kyle come out to dinner with us.

“I can just see this going all kinds of wrong.” I said, putting in my earrings as Pat brushed his teeth next to me.

“Why?” He asked.

“Because she's my sister and she hates men.” I said, letting out a long sigh.

“Don't worry, if my great personality doesn't win her over, my playoff mullet will.” He said, winking at me before walking back into his room.

“Oh nothing says, I'm a great guy for your sister, like a mullet.” I teased.

“Business in the front, party in the back baby!” He shouted, making me giggle.

I was nervous for tonight, there was no doubt but mostly because Patrick doesn't need my sister's negative attitude right now. The Blackhawks just barely made it into the playoffs and they've been on a loosing streak. It breaks my heart to watch them play they're asses off and still lose to the Canucks. Patrick comes home from his away games looking so defeated and I have to do everything in my power to make him feel pumped for the next game. The poor guy has been sore all over and just plain unhappy about the way things have been turning out. The last thing he needs is more negativity.

“You don't need to worry about me so much.” He said quietly, walking back into the bathroom.

“I'll do what I damn well please!” I said, sticking my tongue out at him.

“Just don't stress about the playoffs. That's my job.” He said with a small smile.

“It's all I ever hear about now. Whether it's the meat heads at my lectures or you.” I said, staring at myself in the mirror.

“Well sorry, it's my job.” He defended, getting a little snappy. Don't you dare start with me.

“Watch it.” I said, sending him a glare. He let out a long sigh, and left the room again. I sighed as well, dropping my lip gloss into my make-up bag and leaning against the counter.

“Shayla?” I heard him say quietly from his room. I slowly walked in, watching him fix his dress shirt, while I grabbed my heels and slipped them on.

“What.” I said, snapping a little.

“I'm sorry.” He said, moving over to me.

I didn't respond, just slid my other shoe on and fixed my hair a little as I walked out of the room. Hey, he needs to know that he can't talk to girls like that. I sat on the couch and checked my phone, trying to distract myself while I waited for Patrick to finish getting ready. When he came out, he said sorry yet again. He continued to say it all the way down to his car, until he grabbed my arms and pushed me against the side of the car. I looked past him and stared at the street a few feet away from us. His hand came up and cupped my cheek, forcing me to look at him.

“Can you talk to me? I'm sorry for snapping at you.” He said softly.

“You don't talk to women like that, Kaner.” I said, staring him down.

“I know! I'm sorry. Can we just forget out it, please?” He asked.

“Alright.” I said, letting him pull me into a tight hug.

“Come on, I wanna prove to your sister that I'm boyfriend material.” He said with a huge grin.

Oh god, I sure hope she thinks so.
♠ ♠ ♠
well well well
it's been a while since I've been on here lol

Shayla!

KYLEE KANGA-FOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

P.S. as much as I would LOVE the Penguins to win the Stanley Cup...........COME ON CHICAGO! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? okay, i'm done :)