I Was Breathless by the Look in Your Eye

I Think I Can Handle It

Every damn time I start to come around to that douche bag, he does something like this! Every time! I want to fucking punch that kid in the face. Leave marks on my sister. How dare he? I wanted to personally go down and punch that stupid face of his. URG!

“I don’t know what to do,” I sighed as I sat on my bed with my head in my hands.

“We can’t really do anything,” Kyle spoke up as he sat next to me, rubbing my back.

“There has to be something. Did you see that bruise?” I kind of… snapped at him.

“But if she doesn’t want to press charges, there’s not much we can do,” he pressed on, keeping patient with me.

“She’s my sister, Kyle,” I huffed, feeling tears gloss over my eyes.

“I know how you feel. I have three younger brothers and you want to do everything you can to protect them, but sometimes… you just can’t,” he spoke gently, being the nice person that he is.

“It just sucks,” I muttered, dabbing the edges of my eyes.

“Imagine how she would feel if she knew about your situation,” he said softly as his arms found their way around my middle, pulling me against him.

He has a point, but… she’s my younger sister. It’s just… different. I can’t explain, but it just is. I know Kyle understands… kind of. I know there are some relationships where the men get abused, but… it’s just different! None of his brothers have been in an abusive relationship; I’m sure! But I just… don’t know what to do right now!

“I feel like a horrible example though,” I started back up.

“How?” he asked, looking at me oddly.

“I… never pressed any charges against any of the guys that… hurt me,” I told him.

“Why not?” he questioned.

“Because I felt like their punishment wouldn’t be that hard and then once they serves their time or paid fines or whatever, they’d come back and make everything worse,” I explained, tensing up a little bit.

Kyle sensed my change in body language and pulled me back onto the bed so that I was now lying with him. A few heavy sighs came out of me. Kyle went on to leave a few soft kisses on the top of my head though. This made everything all better.

“Are you going to come with me to Atlanta?” he asked after a few quiet minutes.

“I want too, but… I think I should be here for my sister,” I told him, bringing my eyes up to meet his gorgeous blue ones.

“You still going to cheer for me back here?” he pouted so cutely.

“Of course. I’m going to be rocking my KK jersey with pride,” I giggled, bringing his stunning smile through too.

“You going to be able to hold your apartment down while I’m gone?” he snickered.

“I’m not that needy of you. Just when I’m overly emotional,” I shot back playfully.

“You’re kind of always over emotional,” he taunted.

“Maybe you’re just too level headed, Iowa boy,” I teased right back.

This got me a cute little chuckle from him before we shared a quick kiss. Our conversation died way down after this. Shayla and Jonathan couldn’t be heard anymore. I figured she either passed out or they both went to sleep. I got a much better vibe from him. He seems sweet… like Kyle.

When morning rolled around, Kyle was already awake. He was just lying there, holding onto me. I knew why too. He had to leave today for Atlanta for the second around of the eastern conference finals.

“You going to be ok while I’m gone?” he asked softly while pushing the hair out of my face.

“I think I can handle it,” I assured him through a small smile.

He returned it before he pressed his plump lips against mine. I wanted to lie here with him more, but… he got up. I followed him out to the living where Jonathan was soundlessly sleeping on the couch with Shayla nowhere in sight. I like this boy so much better than Patrick. But looking past that, I had to say goodbye to Kyle.

“You have a good game,” I told him before I wrapped my arms around his middle tightly.

“I’ll try. I’ll shoot a three for you,” he chuckled cutely.

“I’m holding you to that,” I taunted through a grin.

He looked down at me, flashing off his pearly whites. It slowly faded as he pressed his lips against, allowing us to share our last kiss for the next day or two.

“Bye, babe,” he said, adding a soft kiss to the top of my head.

“Bye, Kyle,” I told him as we let go of each other.

I stood in the doorway as I watched him walk down the hall. I wanted to go with him now! I love watching him play! But I guess the TV will have to work for this game. Once I turned back and shut the door, Shayla was standing there, looking at me with a slightly disgusted look on her face.

“You two,” she said before sticking her tongue out and making a gagging sound.

“Shut up,” I threw back at her playfully.

“You’re not going with him?” she asked once we stepped into the kitchen.

“Naw. Thought I’d stay back here this time,” I told her, getting some breakfast together for us and Jonathan once he woke up.

She eyed me oddly, but never said anything. As I cooked us some blueberry pancakes, she was really quite. I wanted to talk to her and see how she was feeling with her back and everything, but I felt like it might be too soon. I’ll let it go for a little bit longer. And besides, Jonathan woke up and joined us for a nice little breakfast. I like this guy for Shayla already. Why didn’t she date him before?
♠ ♠ ♠
This took too long to write is kind of... blah but yeah... not in the best mood soooo

Leah

comment pleeease :)

KATIEEE!