I Was Breathless by the Look in Your Eye

You're Shit Faced

Leah stared at me as Jonathan left the apartment. She had come back from yet another trip and she walked on something.......interesting. I had fallen asleep in my room and Jonathan was with me, when I woke up, he was getting up to get the door. Without a shirt. Of course, I get up to see who it is in just my little shorts and a hoodie. Let's just say Leah looked a little shocked.

“Sooo.........” She said, walking slowly around the kitchen.

“It's not what you think.” I said, making her laugh.

“You don't have to lie. If you like him, then go for it.” She said with a smile.

“He's just my friend.......” I mumbled. I sighed and looked down at the floor.

“Don't tell me you still like Patrick.” She said, stopping in her tracks.

“i love him.” I said quietly. The room was so quiet that I swear you could hear a pin drop. I heard her walk past me and down the hall before returning and throwing something red at me. It was Patrick's jersey.

“Give this back to him. I'm sick of seeing it.” She snapped.

“Leah, I know what he did was wrong...” I said but the look on her face made me stop.

“What makes you think he won't do it again!? And he might actually hit you this time! I know these types of men, Shay! They cry and beg and tell you they love you, just because they can't stand to lose. Watch and see what happens!” She snapped.

I stayed silent as I walked back into my room, changing and then taking my purse and heading out of the apartment. I got in my car and drove over to Patrick's apartment. The door man smiled sadly at me, telling me that Patrick was home and has been for the past few days. I got a strange feeling as I got off on his floor and headed for his door. Music was blasting angrily from speakers in his place and I could hear a glass break. I tried the the door and it opened, swinging and hitting the wall. Patrick was sitting on his couch, bottles and cans of beer surrounding him. He was now in the process of drinking vodka straight from the bottle. I felt sick and my head started spinning. Oh my god, did I do this?

“Patrick?” I said quietly. Over all of the music, he heard me. He stood up and stumbled to the stereo, turning it down.

“Heeeeey, what are yooou doing here?” He slurred, leaning against the wall for support. I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. His jersey sat in my purse, waiting for me to give it back.

“What the hell are you doing?” I asked, stepping through the multitude of bottles.

“I got noooothing else to doo.” He slurred, taking another swig of vodka. “Hockey is ooooover and so is my relationshipp.”

“Pat, you're hurting yourself.” I said gently, taking the bottle from him. He reeked like he hadn't showered in days and he looked like he spent many nights laying awake.

“Why do you care?” He said. “Why should you? I'm a piece of shit.” He said, trying to take the bottle back.

“No, you did stupid shit but you're not a horrible person.” I said.

“Just leave. I don't want you here.” He slurred, pain in his eyes.

“No.” I said, pouring the bottle down the kitchen sink and grabbing his hand.

I grabbed his Blackhawks bag and stuffed it with clothes. I grabbed sunglasses and shoved them over his eyes while I threw the bag over my shoulder and dragged him out of the apartment. He mumbled a few things as we got into the elevator. He stared at me as I dropped the bag to the floor, his stench quickly filling the small space. He took a few steps closer and I nearly gagged from the smell. He had a dumb smirk on his face as he hand traced my collarbone.

“Pat, stop it.” I snapped, pushing his hand away.

“But I love you.” He said.

“You're shit faced.” I said.

We left his complex and drove back to my sisters. When I got inside with a wasted Patrick behind me, she started yelling. I ignored her as I dragged Patrick through the house and shoved him in the bathroom. After a few swears and some stumbling, I heard the shower running. Leah glared at me as I took care of him, making sure he showered and then I let lay down in my bed. Once I was sure he was safe, I shut the door and prepared for my sister's rampage.
♠ ♠ ♠
Is it bad that I can picture Kaner actually doing this?
Yes?
No?

Shayla

Kylee! DON'T DIE PLEASE! GO AWAY TORNADOS!!!!