I Was Breathless by the Look in Your Eye

We Don't Have To Tell Them

Well this is fan-fucking-tastic. Shayla busts through the door, making out with… Jonathan while Patrick’s here. Isn’t that a lovely situation to be in the middle of? But to top all of that off, Kyle had to come. I haven’t talked to this guy since I told him I was pregnant. It… hurt to see him. He looked… horrible. I wanted to go over and just be in his arms, but I knew this wasn’t going to happen yet.

“Kyle, this isn’t a good time,” I was able to get out since everyone seemed to be frozen in their tracks.

“Yeah, well, it needs to be,” he countered with a little attitude.

This day just keeps getting better and better.

“If either of you lay a hand on each other, I’m calling the cops,” I shot between Jonathan and Patrick, making sure to send them both a look as to say don’t test me.

After I said that though, all of my confidence was gone. While I was leading Kyle to my room, I could feel myself physical shake. I didn’t want to have this conversation, but I knew… it had to be done at some point.

Kyle shut the door behind him as I sat on my bed. He pulled the chair from my desk to sit across from me. His eyes stayed on the carpet as if he were unable to look up at me. This makes me feel lovely.

“I’m sorry,” I pushed out.

“Don’t be,” he huffed.

“What do you want me to say then? With the way you’ve been acting, you’re making me feel like it’s all my fault,” I shot at him, trying to hold in my tears.

“It’s not,” he said a lot nicer than before as he came over to pull me into his arms.

You do not know how good this felt. This is all I wanted for the past two weeks. I hugged onto him like I was never going to let him go.

“I’m sorry that I didn’t react too positively when you told me,” he apologized in a soft tone.

“I kind of expected it,” I sniffled.

“Why?” he asked quickly.

“Just your whole family and how they’re super religious,” I shrugged.

“We don’t have to tell them though,” he spoke up, causing me to send him a look.

“You’re just not going to tell your parents that they have a grandchild on the way?” I muttered.

“Not until we’re married,” he replied like he had everything all figured out.

“And when is that going to be?” I shot back.

“As soon as possible,” he kept going.

I stared back at him with so many things running through my head. I can’t just marry this guy! Does he know how long we’ve been together? Barely six months. I know I’ve joked around about wanting to marry him because he’s such a nice guy, but… not like this!

“I’m not going to marry you just so you won’t have a bastard child,” I argued.

“It’s just the right thing to do,” he pressed on, being way more level headed than I was right now. Maybe it’s the whole being pregnant hormonal thing.

“Yeah, but… just because society says it is, doesn’t mean we have to do it,” I battled.

“Why can’t we just do this one little thing?” he questioned, raising his voice just a little.

“Because we haven’t been together that long. What if we get married and then we can’t stand each other,” I threw back at him.

“You’re pregnant. We have to do something,” he sighed.

“No, we don’t. If you want to leave and pretend this never happened, then that’s fine. You can live the lie while I take care of my reality that you have managed to corrupt.”

“I’m not going to leave you,” he said with so much calmness in his voice as he got to his feet to wrap his beefy arms around me tightly.

He held me against his solid chest while a few tears managed to leave my eyes. I wanted to be with him through all of this, but… I didn’t want to marry him either. And I wanted his parents to know. The earlier we tell them, the sooner they’d get over it… or kind of be ok with it. They just should know… like my parents should know. I think Kyle and I need to figure things out first… and make sure chaos doesn’t erupt in my living room between Shayla, Jonathan, and Patrick.
♠ ♠ ♠
so much going on! lol

Leah & Kyle

comment pleeease :D

KATIEEE!