I Was Breathless by the Look in Your Eye

Not All Guys Are Like That

I was actually happy when I went to practice this morning. But once I got there, all the girls were showing this little article of Patrick Kane and his ‘supposed new lover’… My sister. Are you kidding me? I bring her to one game… ONE! and this happens.

As my blood got boiling, I took a picture of it and sent it to her, asking if she would kindly explain this to me. Just like I suspected… she never replied. I went on about my practice though, trying to put all of that behind me. It was pretty darn hard though!

Afterwards, I was going to go home and talk to my sister, but the girls were all going out for lunch. I can’t pass this up. I quickly changed out of my sweaty dance clothes, and went with Chelsea and Mandy to lunch. My mind was still racing all over this Kane guy… but my two friends made sure I had something… more positive on my mind.

“What’d Kyle have to say last night?” Mandy asked.

“Nothing,” I was quick to reply.

“Oh, come on. Tell us!” Chelsea butted in.

“He just asked me to help with his clothing line. It’s no big deal,” I shrugged.

“But… he only asked you,” Mandy snickered.

“Don’t even go where I think you’re going. I’m not in the mood today,” I huffed.

“You should go for it, girl. That boy’s fine,” Chelsea grinned while keeping her eyes on the road, but I could still see her goofy grin in the mirror.

“Just because your sister has a boy toy, doesn’t mean you can’t have one,” she kept going.

“She doesn’t have a boy toy!” I complained.

“You are really against this hockey guy huh?” Mandy asked while she turned around from the passenger seat to send me a look.

“I’ve dated guys like him before though…” I said softly.

“Not all guys are like that, Leah,” Chelsea spoke up.

“Um… yeah they are. The partying goes hand in hand with abusive behavior and over aggressiveness in their relationships,” I countered.

The two of them both fell silent as Chelsea continued to drive. So, I may have… dated a few assholes in my day. Two since I’ve been in the Windy City. They both were that fun party guy… good looking, charming smile, fun personality, but… they both had anger issues or something. They would just get so mad that they had to hit something to be able to start the calm down process. The first guy never laid a hand on me, but… the second one did.

I never told too many people about this. Chelsea and Mandy are the only two that know. They’ve been my best friends since I started this whole dancing/cheerleader thing almost two years ago. And they’re honestly the only two that I kind of… trusted in knowing some of my personal, emotional secrets.

Anyway, when we got to the restaurant, all of us girls sat in the same area, but in different tables. Mandy, Chelsea and I got our own little booth and enjoyed our lunch. The awkwardness from the journey here was long gone. This was good.

But right in the middle of our meal, my phone went off, causing it to buzz against the table. I quickly picked it up to see that… Kyle was calling me. My smile quickly spread across my face before I answered it.

“Hey,” I greeted him.

“Hey, you’re not busy are you?” he asked.

“No, not at all,” I grinned, ignoring the little smirks the two girls across from me were sending my way.

He went on to give me the information about this little photo shoot. It was actually a night shoot. We were going to do it after tomorrow’s game since there were a few days without any play action after that. I was excited! But once I hung up my phone, my smile quickly fell. Mandy and Chelsea were staring back at me, grinning like complete idiots.

“Who was that?” Chelsea started.

“Just a friend,” I told her, unable to hide my smile.

“Uh huh…” Mandy giggled, making me throw a piece of cabbage from my salad at her.

This sent her into a bigger fit of giggles while Chelsea joined her. I’m not going to hear the end of this. But I have unfinished business back home. My sister and I need to talk… badly. I’ve dated guys like her little hockey boy and… they’re not good. I know I should probably let her figure this out on her own, but… she’s my little sister. I don’t want anything to happen to her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sucky... cause I don't feel good :(
hopefully my next one's better though :/

Leah

comment pleeeease :D

KATIEEE!