I Was Breathless by the Look in Your Eye

Maybe I Am

“The whole point of 20 questions is to tell the truth, Pat!” I whined into the phone.

“I'll tell you eventually, I promise.” He said. I had asked what was the worst thing he had ever done and he refused to answer me!

“Jesus, did you get arrested or some shit?” I teased. His side was dead silent for what seemed like forever. “Pat, I was just messing around.” I said quietly.

“Yeah, I know. Sorry, I was just cleaning up around here.” He said. Terrible liar. Knew it. “So, how come your sister won't let you leave the house?” He asked.

“I'd rather....not talk about it.” I mumbled, staring at my door.

She was waiting for me when I came home yesterday and practically threw a magazine at me with pictures of Patrick and I at the game. She was wicked pissed off, telling me that he was bad news and I shouldn't be dating a guy like him. When I asked her to elaborate, she said a guy who parties and acts like he's hot shit! I've seen guys like him before and they're nothing but trouble! Then she said she was doing this for my own good. BULLSHIT! I was beyond angry with her and ended up locking myself in my room. She can stop me from leaving the house but she can't stop me from talking to Patrick.

“I heard it's supposed to be really warm on Monday, maybe we can hang out after you get out of class.” He said, making me smile.

“That would be really nice.” I said, feeling my face get hot.

“I'll text you when I get there.” He said, just as I heard the front door opening. My sister had gone to the game last night and then did some photoshoot or something. Now she's home from practice and I think she brought a boy with her.

“Pat, I'll call you back.” I said, hanging up and peaking my head out the door to see that Kyle guy standing in our living room. Oh, okay. So you get to date someone. Nice Leah, real nice. I made sure to make my footsteps heavy as I walked in.

“Oh, hey Shay.” Leah said, sending me a smile. I just stared at her as I walked past and grabbed my car keys. “Where are you going?” She asked, her face stiffening.

“Why do you care?” I snapped, going back into my room to get changed. I heard a few words exchanged between her and Kyle before I came back out.

“Are you going out with Patrick?” She asked, her face turning red.

“Maybe I am.” I said, grabbing my purse and shoes.

“I told you not to go out with him!” She said, raising her voice.

I'm fucking 21! I'm an adult, you can't tell me what to do!” I yelled, slamming the door as I left.

I texted Patrick and got in my car, resting my head on the steering wheel. I started up the car and drove to Patrick's apartment.
♠ ♠ ♠
god this is too fucking short!
I'm sorry!
But I'm going to Noho soon so I've gotta be ready to leave.
so yeah :P

KYLEEEEEEEEEEEE KANGA-FOO!!! hahahaha xD