Status: On HIATUS.

Tears of a Royal

No news is good news

"Your not sacrificing my sister, King.. .Who ever you are!"

"Wise answer," Derek rolled his eyes, slowly walking towards me.

He and I exchanged frantic glances, at the same time the King drew his weapon, placing the tip of it on my jaw, "Who do we have here?"

"M-My sister!" Gracie yelled, shoving past the king and running up to me. I bent down and hugged her tight, Derek used the moment to jump in front of me; sword drawn and pointing towards the King.

"Ah, the prince! I'm shaking in fear!~" The large man mocked, the black swirls called ‘shadows’ chuckled and closed in on us three.

"Young man, your wasting your time. And since I'm in a generous mood, I'll allow you to leave, alive." He waved his hand , and the shadows backed off slowly. Each one muttering, what I believe to be words, as the scooted away from his royal highness.

"Your kindness is greatly appreciated," Derek said sarcastically, "But, I'd rather leave WITH the maiden's, if you don't mind."

"Oh, but I do mind, sir. And I'm slowly loosing my patience, you have thirty seconds exactly to run out of here the coward you truly are."

"Am I?" Derek asked, cocking his head to the side, "Or, are you?"

"You don't understand anything. You truly are as ignorant as your father. Regrettably I spared that fools life-"

"YOU spared MY fathers life?"

"Heh, ignorance runs in the family, I presume. Your fathers told you so little, young prince," The King walked backwards, hands folded behind his back while the shadows disbanded, and disappeared within the lush green forest.

"Your father and I have a lot of history together."

"It can't be for the right reasons, I'm sure." Mumbled Derek as he helped me to my feet; Gracie clung to my right leg, still crying, “My father would never befriend a being such as yourself.”

“Such as my-” He laughed once more, the light chuckle of shadows could still be heard, but I could pinpoint where they were coming from, “Your father is no better than I, if you don’t believe me, ask HIM,” He shrugged and cocked his head.

“My father is a noble man!” Derek’s voice had changed, which frightened me a little.

“Derek, don’t let him get to you,’ I tugged on his sleeve, he glanced at me but didn’t respond.

"Noble indeed,“ He cackled, “My intentions were good, I assure you." He grinned maliciously.

“How can sacrificing an eight year old be, in any form, ‘good’?”

“As I said, you understand nothing.”

Derek cursed under his breath, placing his sword back into it’s case, attached to his belt, “Then, wise sir, enlighten me on your logic, wont you please?”

“Unfortunately, I have business to attend to. Thanks to your chivalry,” He smirked, “My plans are foiled, for now. I simply haven’t the time for explaining.” With a wave of his cape, he was gone in a flash.

“That didn’t make any sense,” I breathed, “Gracie, a-are you alright?”

“Yeah, but,” She whimpered, “Is he gunna come back?”

“Not if I can help it,” Derek growled, “You two best get home, I’m going to go have a chat with our King.”

“Derek, please don’t do anything rash-”

“Mimi I want to go home now!” She shouted.

“Gracie! Be quiet-”

“Like I said, go home, get some rest. Its been a long day for us all. Hopefully we’ll see each other again,” Derek nodded with a slight smile, and ran off in the direction of the castle.

“So, your friends with the prince now?” She asked, her little voice cracking in between words.

“I suppose,” As we walked back home I though about it, but after he kissed me… We might just be more than friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys like it, sorry for the incredibly long wait!~ :D