Big Brother.

.000

She didn't cry when she found out. She didn't cry when they asked her to confirm their identities. She didn't cry when she saw her brother for the first time in years, even though he was crying his eyes out. She didn't cry when they walked into the funeral parlor to pick out the caskets. She didn't cry she had to pick out her mother’s clothes. She didn't cry when she was read their will. She didn't cry when people with bloodshot eyes came up to hug her, telling her that they were in a better place. She didn't cry during the service. She didn't cry when she saw the caskets being put into the ground.

It wasn't until she turned around from the men with the backhoes filling the holes with dirt, and started walking away, knowing that she would never see her mother and father again, that she actually started to cry. It started with a few lone tears running down her cheeks, but by the time she made it to her older brothers’ car, her make-up was completely ruined, an she was heaving in heavy breaths, trying desperately to make air enter her lungs.

Alex hadn't seen her cry in so long, and did the only thing he knew how to. He took the tiny girl in his arms, and cried with her.

They stood outside for God only knows how long, crying. It was then that she spoke directly to him for the first time since they saw each other that fateful night at the hospital. “I miss them.” She choked out between sobs. “So much.”

Another tear slid down his cheek, as he let her bury her head in his chest. “Me too, baby, me too.” He whispered into her hair.
♠ ♠ ♠
short. i know. but, it's just the prologue. chapter one will be up either tonight, or tomorrow.
anyway, this is my first atl fic, so once again, bear with me.
comment, please.