Big Brother.

.003

“Alison Gaskarth?” The teacher called, looking up from his attendance sheet.

A group of girls turned to face her, with wide eyes. She cleared her throat. “Um, yes?”

“Would you come introduce yourself? I’m sure we’d all like to get to know you.” He said, looking as uninterested as possible.

She stood up, adjusting her off-the shoulder heart shirt. Then, she walked to the front of the room, looking at the faces of the sophomores, all of them as uninterested as her. “Well, my name is Alison, and, I just moved here. I really have no idea what you want to know.”

“Your last name is Gaskarth?” A blonde girl asked, and Alison nodded. “So, are you like, related to Alex Gaskarth, of All Time Low?” Again, Alison nodded. The girl squealed. “How?!”

“He’s my older brother,” She trailed off. Again, she squealed, along with a few other girls. She rolled her eyes. “Can I sit down now?” Mr. Shmit nodded, and she walked back to her seat in the back of the classroom, opening her notebook and starting to doodle idly.
-
“Derek Bender.” A tall boy with brown hair that he had to flip to keep out of his eye said, as he fell into step next to Alison after school. He pulled out a pack of cigarettes, and offered one to her.

“Alison Gaskarth.” She replied, taking one, an accepting the lighter from his hands. She’d be the first to admit that she’s smoked before, even though it hasn’t been for a few months. She inhaled, and the smoke burned on the way down, but, as she opened her mouth to blow the air out, she realized how much she’s missed it.

“Where you headin’ to Alison?” He asked.

“California Street.”

“What a coincidence, I live one street over, on Nevada.” She smiled, and flicked the ashes off the end of her cigarette, as he inhaled from his. “You just move here?”

She nodded, and brought the stick to her lips to inhale yet again. “Moved in with my brother.” She said, and smoke left her lips as she talked.

He raised his eye brow at her. “Is that a good or bad thing?”

“Good in the way that I didn’t get put in the system, bad under the circumstances.” They merged onto her street, and continued walking, talking about random things, and he let the subject as to why she lived with her brother drop. She stopped walking in front of her house, and he turned to face her, as they finished smoking their second cigarette together. “This is me,” She said between puffs.

“Do you walk to school?” Derek asked her. She nodded, and dropped her cigarette, and stubbed it out with the toe of her ballet flat. “Can I pick you up at 7:30 tomorrow morning? We can walk together, have a couple cigarettes.” He said, hoping that she would say yes.

“Of course.” Rian’s car came up the street, and she quickly gave him her number. “My brothers’ friend is going to be here in like, five seconds, so, I’ll see you tomorrow, bright and early.”
-
Alex and Alison had a ritual. Alison would go to bed around ten, and Alex would lay with her until she fell asleep, then, he would go about his evening, going to bed whenever he felt like it. And now, since Alison had gone back to school, he would wake her up at six, make sure she actually got up, and then go back to bed.

Alex felt bad for making Alison fend for herself, but she insisted that he get his sleep, since they would only be home for another two months, and he should enjoy himself well he wasn’t busy touring.

However, Alex woke up when the front door slammed shut the next morning, and he went to the blinds to make sure Alison got down the street okay, and was surprised to see her with a boy.

He made it a point to be home that afternoon, to meet him. If Alison was going to be hanging around that boy, he needed to approve.
♠ ♠ ♠
endings kinda shaky, but, eh, it's okay. i might go back and edit it later. if i do, i'll mention it in one of the authors notes. it's not going to be some big plot change, but, just a re-wording.

anyway, three comments to an update. and if you're reading, subscribe!!!!!!