Status: First and proud completion. :)

I Was Made to Love You

Imagination

After Sam's shambolic dinner, he offered to -- well, he really had to, unable to eat his own cooking he wouldn't have expected the others to, too -- order pizza for the 4 of them instead and obviously pay, even when Rachel offered, he was beaten to it by Paul when he told her there was no way that was going to happen. He wouldn't even let her chip in for her own meal, not that she had any money or even a cellphone on her, but she did mention that fact and that she would pay him back.

When they had had their fill, the 4 friends sat down in the living area with the TV on in the background as they continued to chit chat, laugh and joke with each other.

Time seemed to fly by quickly, especially when in good company and before any of them had even realized it, they were slowly approaching the early hours of the morning.

Emily had finally just given in and had fallen asleep, slumped against Sam's warmth about an hour ago now. Sam glanced down at her and softly smiled, reaching down to tuck a few loose strands of her raven locks behind her ear and then looked over at the other 2, sitting on the opposite couch.

"I think it's time we called it a night." He spoke in a low voice so as not to disturb his sleeping beauty, though his deep booming tone was still clear. He had an incredibly deep, low voice, but it was a comforting, authoritative one. "You're both welcome to stay. Rachel, you can take the guest room, so Paul will have to take a couch." He sent Paul a small, teasing smile.

"No friggin' way." Paul immediately piped up, earning an odd look from Sam for some reason. He shrugged it off. "I want my own bed, thank you. I'm going home, since I've got tomorrow off." He noted, giving Sam a look that said "You said no patrolling for me tomorrow, remember?"

Sam nodded, still smirking slightly.

Paul turned to Rachel. "It still might not be safe for you to go home, so if you want you can stay here or I can walk you to Jake's or your dad's place?" He questioned softly, his tone borderline on concern.

Rachel looked up at him, still surprised at how caring he seemed to be, with her in particular, but maybe that was just her imagination. She thought what he had just said over for all of 5 seconds before coming to a decision.

She wanted to get Paul on his own so that he could explain what the hell was actually going on, even though she had an idea, however absurd and crazy it sounded to her, but after tonight, she figured that really didn't matter anymore. She had a plan.

"Can you walk me to Jake's?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Short chapter, but don't worry, you'll love the upcoming chapters. :)
Comments, please!
-- Zya here.